OT - Mother's Day Ideas

Derrico

Ok guys (and gals)

Mother's Day is this weekend and I have no idea what to get/do for my mom and wife. I was thinking of breakfast in bed along with some flowers and a card for my wife and maybe flowers and a card for my mom. Just sounds so cliché though. Anyone else with any good ideas/plans for mom/wife on the weekend? I may need to steal a couple.....

Ok guys (and gals)

Mother's Day is this weekend and I have no idea what to get/do for my mom and wife. I was thinking of breakfast in bed along with some flowers and a card for my wife and maybe flowers and a card for my mom. Just sounds so cliché though. Anyone else with any good ideas/plans for mom/wife on the weekend? I may need to steal a couple.....

I'm driving home to Ohio to hand deliver a painting a friend of mine did (he does zoological illustrations for Cornell and I bought a print of one of his chickadees- truly exceptional stuff) and a couple of those beautiful Ukrainian painted eggs from easter that are too fragile to send in the post.

Usually sending flowers does the trick. And chocolate.

I had a guy just commission me last minute to do a painting of the family cat for his mum.

Little stuff to make 'em smile.

Generally I don't think too many mother's day gift recipients care, it's knowing that they're on your mind that means the most.

Send the wife and mother flowers at work if possible with sweet cards. Being able to have other ppl know someone cares about them means something. Cook the wife breakfast in bed but go all out. Make her an omlett or something she will really love. Flowers are easy but girls love them too. Not sure if you have kids or can pull it off but draw her a bubble bath with scented candles and just let her relax. For your mom take her to dinner at her favorite restaurant and just talk to her.

idk I'm far to young to really know anything but if I were home that's what I would do.

I cheated this year. I get to graduate on Mother's Day which seems to be a good gift since I'm the first of her six (seven if you count a twin sister I had who died in the womb) to get a college degree.

Edited by Tankalicious

the lady and I are taking both of our mothers out to dinner on Friday, and then I'm going to drop all 3 of them off at the spa so they can massages. boom. Moms taken care of and my lady is happy. 100% satisfaction to go around! :flirt:

While they're spa-ing it up, I'll probably go grab a few beers down the road and watch some hockey!! :ph34r:

Ok guys (and gals)

Mother's Day is this weekend and I have no idea what to get/do for my mom and wife. I was thinking of breakfast in bed....

Yes. Both of them in bed. It would be unforgettable. And you'd be in therapy for the rest of your life.

For new moms, some kind of personalized photo gift is nice (Shutterfly, etc). For my own mom, there's a wine festival every May and I started getting us tickets to that. She got to drink wine while we spent the day together, so double-win!

Thanks. I am excited because I'll be graduating magna ###### laude (3.5 GPA and above) and she doesn't know that so it'll be my surprise for her.

That's awesome. Both your achievement and the censor. Congrats!

I am a child of rape. My mother, being Roman Catholic did not believe in abortion. Don't send mom out, don't buy her extravagant or expensive gifts. The greatest gift of all is to spend the day with her. Memories of togetherness both past and present are the key to love, regardless of money spent.

My 2 cents is all.

I am a child of rape. My mother, being Roman Catholic did not believe in abortion. Don't send mom out, don't buy her extravagant or expensive gifts. The greatest gift of all is to spend the day with her. Memories of togetherness both past and present are the key to love, regardless of money spent.

My 2 cents is all.

A lovelier sentiment has never followed those opening six words. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by PASabreFan

Thanks. I am excited because I'll be graduating magna ###### laude (3.5 GPA and above) and she doesn't know that so it'll be my surprise for her.

That is going to make her Mothers' Day. She will be over the moon!

I wasn't sure haha. But yea, I think she'll like it. She knows my grades are solid but doesn't know they're worth honors.

Having done this once myself, trust me, she will love it. And congrats to you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.