Current AHL Prospects

Barnabov

Here's one for you Rochester based fans - who could make the jump from the Amerks to the Sabres this season?

Obviously Vanek is expected to step right in and be a regular player but what others could do what Kotalik and Roy did in the last few years. I was reading sabrefans.com Prospects section and would be interested in more feedback from Sabres fans who've seen the guys play - it's kind of hard to judge from stats alone. Seems to me there are some possibilities:

Forwards

Jason Pominville (had same # of points as Vanek last year)

Paul Gaustad (everyone says how small we are especially at Center - could he make do anything above the 4th line?)

Bartovic - what's the deal - is he going to be in training camp or staying in Europe?

Defense

Is Janik ready for the NHL? What's known about Paetsch

Not including any of the above, here are my lines as fantasy Lindy:

Hecht-Briere-Dumont

Vanek-Drury-Afinogenov (give him a chance on top 2 lines to score 20+)

Connolly or Pyatt (equally poor choice) - Roy - Kotalik

Peters-Mair-Grier (9 goals in 82 games equals 4th line in my book but can log a lot of time on PK).

Kalinin-Teppo

McKee-Jillson

Campbell/Fitzpatrick/Tallinder

Goalies - who knows - guess we'll see who looks best in training camp but I'm thinking Biron is going to be traded - I'd actually like to see Mikka sent out too - sign a solid veteran backup (Tugnutt, etc.) and give Miller a chance to take his outstanging AHL season from last year to the next level)

Archived