-Derby 2014

plenzmd1

Saw the rant. Sour grapes, and he sounded like an idiot. Half of the Belmont field is horses that didn't race in the other two…EVERY YEAR. Mostly because few owners want to continue to pay big entry fees on non-winners, and partly because some (few) trainers train for that distance specifically.

He needs to shut up, sell some Quaker oats, and take the rest of the adult home up on the spaceship.

Drunken rant at the end of his 15 minutes. Too bad....seemed like nice guys.

Also, half of California Chrome's races were restricted and run against only California bred horses. Maybe he wants to give that money back?

i was at a party so did not see...i will look for it now.

In terms of your suggestion...for me i would say keep it the way it is. There is a reason being a Triple Crown winner is so special..and part of it is beating all comers at all times.

Rough day for me at the windows....but there will be more days and more races.

GoDD, promise not to bother you to Breeders Cup ...then i need another breakdown.

I am sure the end of this thread, and again thank you!

I will pay attention during Saratoga more.

About time this guy calmed down and realized how bad he looked:

@USATODAYsports California Chrome owner Steve Coburn apologizes for angry rant. 'Very ashamed of myself, very ashamed.' http://usat.ly/1qhcor8

Remember....whenever someone wants to invoke Pegula is a savior and a genius because of his success in business.....this guy turned $8K into $15 million in a span of 8 months......

Saw the rant. Sour grapes, and he sounded like an idiot. Half of the Belmont field is horses that didn't race in the other two…EVERY YEAR. Mostly because few owners want to continue to pay big entry fees on non-winners, and partly because some (few) trainers train for that distance specifically.

He needs to shut up, sell some Quaker oats, and take the rest of the adult home up on the spaceship.

saw schopp give you a shout-out.

Remember....whenever someone wants to invoke Pegula is a savior and a genius because of his success in business.....this guy turned $8K into $15 million in a span of 8 months......

Some guy just turned $2 into 149 Million playing Megamillions. Should we remember that too? :beer:

OK. I need details here. what was said?

Nothing complicated:

Edited by Eleven

I skipped my college graduation for my first Preakness. It was 95 degrees. The electrical system failed and it was anarchy. We went into the clubhouse which was the only place that had betting. I was double fisting beers and had my shirt open Ricky Martin/ Ron Jeremy style.

You forgot May, Eleven........

I skipped my college graduation for my first Preakness. It was 95 degrees. The electrical system failed and it was anarchy. We went into the clubhouse which was the only place that had betting. I was double fisting beers and had my shirt open Ricky Martin/ Ron Jeremy style.

You forgot May, Eleven........

I went in May of, what was it, '99? Something? It was 103. We ran out of water well before we ran out of beer. We were drinking the melted ice from the cooler. The carnage on the way out, wow. You could film it and set it to Samuel Barber's Adagio:

Edited by Eleven

I went in May of, what was it, '99? Something? It was 103. We ran out of water well before we ran out of beer. We were drinking the melted ice from the cooler. The carnage on the way out, wow. You could film it and set it to Samuel Barber's Adagio:

Yes....for those not familiar, Pimlico is in the middle of a ghetto. The families and kids are very friendly though and will park you and bring your beverages/food/people back and forth to the track in shopping carts. We saw a fair amount of passed out lobsters heading home in shopping carts.

Yes....for those not familiar, Pimlico is in the middle of a ghetto. The families and kids are very friendly though and will park you and bring your beverages/food/people back and forth to the track in shopping carts. We saw a fair amount of passed out lobsters heading home in shopping carts.

I thought they cut that out a few years ago. Not that I live there anymore, anyway.

And passed-out lobsters EVERYWHERE.

Edited by Eleven

Hit my first signer in like 88 at Pimlico. God that place was/is a pit. But it was my pit, and I had plenty a good day there, then hopping in the car to drive to Charlestown for the night races. That was awesome cause in the 9th at CT, they had a cool bet called a superfecta. Would drive 90 minutes just so we could play that one bet LOL.

OH how the times have changed

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.