Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

4-12 is infinitely more likely than 12-4 but the odds on favorite should definitely be 6-7 wins with us drafting somewhere between 8th and 12th. Just on the bad side of mediocrity. Par for the course.

This is what I expect. The team SHOULD be about 4-12 or 5-11 based on talent and schedule but they'll squeak out a few extra wins to be just "good" enough to pick around ten.

This is what I expect. The team SHOULD be about 4-12 or 5-11 based on talent and schedule but they'll squeak out a few extra wins to be just "good" enough to pick around ten.

Depending on what we get in the draft and injuries, this team could surprise a few teams. I'm not holding my breath, but it is possible. Heck, we didn't lose too many games last year by more than 7 or 8 points

Bills should sign ville Leino to play Lb after he's bought out.

Nothing has really changed for this team up to this point (barring the draft) FA is underwhelming so far, we've replaced Pettine with Schwartz and lost Byrd...meh.... EJ is still up in the air, and who knows if a year under Marrones belt will help him with adapting to the NFL better or not, it just seems that we are a team that cannot get over the hump and win, even when we are in games like last year, we just find a way to lose. I see teams like new England and etc who have big injuries and turnover and still are competitive and it makes me tear up a little.

My prediction, we see the playoffs in 2017,not a minute before

Tank, I have no idea how you think this team is worse than last year. I loved Byrd, he's an elite safety...but he played 10 games, and 10 games less of Byrd doesn't mean 3 more losses. Chris Williams may suck, but he's still much better than the Legursky/Brown combo. Rivers isn't anything special, but he's an upgrade over Moats. Graham is a nice depth signing for the secondary. Combine those with EJ's second year (as much as you think he sucks, it not like he's likely to be worse in year two) and Marrone's second year, and I don't get the 3 more losses prediction.

Even considering Pettine's exit, we did get a real replacement. I can see arguing we're treading water, but I honestly think your prediction of doom is an exaggeration based on your dislike of Manuel, and nothing more.

Tank, I have no idea how you think this team is worse than last year. I loved Byrd, he's an elite safety...but he played 10 games, and 10 games less of Byrd doesn't mean 3 more losses. Chris Williams may suck, but he's still much better than the Legursky/Brown combo. Rivers isn't anything special, but he's an upgrade over Moats. Graham is a nice depth signing for the secondary. Combine those with EJ's second year (as much as you think he sucks, it not like he's likely to be worse in year two) and Marrone's second year, and I don't get the 3 more losses prediction.

Even considering Pettine's exit, we did get a real replacement. I can see arguing we're treading water, but I honestly think your prediction of doom is an exaggeration based on your dislike of Manuel, and nothing more.

Worse record doesn't necessarily mean worse team. They have a tough schedule this year.

And I don't have a "disliked of Manuel. I just think he's bad. I love his character and how much he honestly wants to be here, but he just doesn't have the talent (in my opinion...).

They didn't tag him because they were hoping to resign him, if the would of tagged him, he would of pouted and there'd be no chance of resigning him and they would of been stuck with him holding out through training camp again, then complaining of his sore tootsies, all of which would of been a distraction to the team.

Good riddance, the Saints will be sorry in another 2-3 years when he holds out because he wants a new contract.

I held out hope at first, but when he didn't resign with us it's definitely fair to say we should have tagged him and traded him for SOMETHING. The rationale for not signing Levitre was we have to save our big money for the important contracts. Then next year they let another good player go.

There is nothing more foolish than trying to predict a teams record based on strength of schedule. Two to three teams maintain excellence from once season to the next. Everyone else ebbs and flows. It's my least favorite thin in sports. Every year they predict who the wins and losses will be to and every year it doesn't follow suit.

Edited by inkman

There is nothing more foolish than trying to predict a teams record based on strength of schedule. Two to three teams maintain excellence from once season to the next. Everyone else ebbs and flows. It's my least favorite thin in sports. Every year they predict who the wins and losses will be to and every year it doesn't follow suit.

That's right. See LABillz annual "Dinner's on me smartass" contest over at TBD, everyone is typically eliminated by week 8.

There are a lot of things more foolish, but, exaggeration aside, what are we supposed to predict off of then? Just ignore how good other teams are or aren't?

It's a prediction. There is no right and wrong with predictions, except in hindsight. I get that people want the Bills to be better than I predicted, and I hope they are, but it doesn't mean it's wrong or impossible just because we want it to be.

Brandon Spikes is visiting today. Signing him would change things. I think he's overrated but he's a very good two-down linebacker.

Way to hedge your bets.

So just so I'm clear, they are likely to be 4 and 12 but will steal a couple of wins to stay mediocre but if they add an over rated, two down middle line backer everything changes.

Got it?

Way to hedge your bets.

So just so I'm clear, they are likely to be 4 and 12 but will steal a couple of wins to stay mediocre but if they add an over rated, two down middle line backer everything changes.

Got it?

Holy ###### you love me.

It's a ###### prediction. An admittedly early one which I said... Things change. It's a prediction. If you disagree then good for you. Don't have to sit in your armchair and rip it apart because it's the precious home team.

Edited by Tankalicious

There are a lot of things more foolish, but, exaggeration aside, what are we supposed to predict off of then? Just ignore how good other teams are or aren't?

It's a prediction. There is no right and wrong with predictions, except in hindsight. I get that people want the Bills to be better than I predicted, and I hope they are, but it doesn't mean it's wrong or impossible just because we want it to be.

Again , you are the realist. Anyone that thinks they may be better is just thinking with their heart and couldn't possibly have better insight then yourself?

It's so nice that you want the rest of us to be happy though.

Ok, my pre draft, pre offseason prediction: 9-7. I will come up with a new prediction at the start of training camp. Just based off of what is here now, that is my prediction.

Bold move, cotton. Wish I felt the same haha.

While true that predictions are neither right nor wrong until things happen, that doesn't mean all predictions are created equal. Ink is right in that pre-season strength of schedule very rarely matches post-season strength of schedule, making it a pretty poor basis for a prediction.

While true that predictions are neither right nor wrong until things happen, that doesn't mean all predictions are created equal. Ink is right in that pre-season strength of schedule very rarely matches post-season strength of schedule, making it a pretty poor basis for a prediction.

It's not the only basis. The talent of the current team also factors in and many more. It's only part of the whole equation, so it makes no sense to just act superior just because one of the many factors in a prediction is poor basis. It's an opinion. Period. Quit acting like it's inferior because you disagree.

Edited by Tankalicious

It's not the only basis. The talent of the current team also factors in and many more. It's only part of the whole equation, so it makes no sense to just act superior just because one of the many factors in a prediction is poor basis. It's an opinion. Period. Quit acting like it's inferior because you disagree.

It's not my fault you included in your prediction something that doesn't have predictive value.

No... They aren't.

Also, they are moving Kiko Alonso to the outside. Not a bad idea. He fits there more... But acting like Keith Rivers is a legitimate starter in the middle is bad news.

They've never had any intention of Rivers playing inside, if he does win a starting job it would be as the SLB and that would probably be as a 2 down player.