Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

In my opinion, good writers qualify their statements with in my opinion.

Secondly, the top teams tweak their roster and keep their own but build mainly through the draft. Denver is desperate and will end up a mess once Peyton turns human again. What other good teams are spending wildly?

Thirdly, it's extremely arrogant to believe that all Bills fans are showing "blind faith" just because he was drafted were you don't think he should have been drafted.

I don't want the team to spend wildly. That's not my issue.

And AGAIN with this ###### reference to my career. Get off it. If you were a plumber I wouldn't criticize how much toilet paper in a public bathroom you use because it's not relevant nor is it my place. Good writers usually don't qualify with "in my opinion" because they either don't say it or stuff like that is reserved for op eds. You won't see it in anything but places where it's clear. Good writers usually do NOT qualify with "in my opinion."

This is an online discussion forum. Almost everything is opinion. You can't whine just because you disagree. You would NEVER argue with somebody who says "Ville Leino is terrible" and make them qualify it, because you agree with it. That simple.

Edited by Tankalicious

Good communicators (an education-free term) do so in a fashion that most successfully gets their audience to understand the point they are making. So far your style has resulted in more grief than success. You play to the crowd in front of you.

I'll add, this format is not just op-ed. It is a healthy mix of posted fact, opinion, and thoughts posted as fact even though they are opinion. Without obvious clues or expressly stated intent of a post we are are left to decide for ourselves which category a post falls under. In the end, the written word tends to get taken literally because we don't have anything else to weigh the words we see.

And with that I am going to try like hell to avoid the temptation to continue this line of conversation. Probably unsuccessfully.

Edited by weave

I don't want the team to spend wildly. That's not my issue.

And AGAIN with this ###### reference to my career. Get off it. If you were a plumber I wouldn't criticize how much toilet paper in a public bathroom you use because it's not relevant nor is it my place. Good writers usually don't qualify with "in my opinion" because they either don't say it or stuff like that is reserved for op eds. You won't see it in anything but places where it's clear. Good writers usually do NOT qualify with "in my opinion."

This is an online discussion forum. Almost everything is opinion. You can't whine just because you disagree. You would NEVER argue with somebody who says "Ville Leino is terrible" and make them qualify it, because you agree with it. That simple.

Actually my comment had nothing to do with your career. To me you are just another poster on this board. In my mind you have a long way to go before i consider you anything more. Like a lot of people from your generation, you write like you text and/or talk and I just don't find it very communicative . Just my opinion.

Good communicators (an education-free term) do so in a fashion that most successfully gets their audience to understand the point they are making. So far your style has resulted in more grief than success. You play to the crowd in front of you.

I'll add, this format is not just op-ed. It is a healthy mix of posted fact, opinion, and thoughts posted as fact even though they are opinion. Without obvious clues or expressly stated intent of a post we are are left to decide for ourselves which category a post falls under. In the end, the written word tends to get taken literally because we don't have anything else to weigh the words we see.

And with that I am going to try like hell to avoid the temptation to continue this line of conversation. Probably unsuccessfully.

And twitter posts. Don't forget about the twitter posts.

I honestly don't understand the Levitre situation. Can someone amplify? Byrd sat out part of last season. It is easier to understand his departure. Was Levitre not worth the money? What did he do/not do that made him jetsam?

I honestly don't understand the Levitre situation. Can someone amplify? Byrd sat out part of last season. It is easier to understand his departure. Was Levitre not worth the money? What did he do/not do that made him jetsam?

Two things I have heard discussed;

1) Bill's hierarchy does not place guard in the high premium position category

2) they were also concerned with his long term health prospects due to some existing condition

For whatever that's worth

I liked 2 of the 3 signings today. If the OL Williams pans out, it'll be great.

We needed more depth at LB, and I'm guessing we'll draft one in the first two rounds.

lastly, Byrd is a great safety, but $9+mil/year is a lot to pay a guy that has persistent feet problems. Plantar Fasciitis is not something that is just cured, and for two seasons in a row he's had the issue.

The Bills have said they don't value the guard or safety position. The near death of all their quarterbacks last year showed that they were wrong in not valuing the guard position... We'll see what the safety position has in store for this team. Easier to hide a bad safety.

It's almost like they're just going to keep saying whatever expensive free agents they have coming up are playing positions they don't value.

Edited by Tankalicious

The Bills have said they don't value the guard or safety position. The near death of all their quarterbacks last year showed that they were wrong in not valuing the guard position... We'll see what the safety position has in store for this team. Easier to hide a bad safety.

It's almost like they're just going to keep saying whatever expensive free agents they have coming up are playing positions they don't value.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Until we have a franchise QB who warrants a 9 figure ($100 million +) contract we should never let a star player walk out the door because we can't afford to pay him or we don't think he's worth the money. Hell, even teams that pay out those big QB contracts manage to have a handful or other big money guys and they still manage to fill out the rest of the roster and stay under the cap.

Then again, the relatively low franchise numbers for those two positions seem to indicate the rest of the league agrees.

Then again, the relatively low franchise numbers for those two positions seem to indicate the rest of the league agrees.

They are saying they don't value these guys where the rest of the league values them. They aren't willing to pay them what the rest of the league pays premium players at their position...

Edited by Tankalicious

Good thing we didn't tag him and trade him for a 1st :doh:

They didn't tag him because they were hoping to resign him, if the would of tagged him, he would of pouted and there'd be no chance of resigning him and they would of been stuck with him holding out through training camp again, then complaining of his sore tootsies, all of which would of been a distraction to the team.

Good riddance, the Saints will be sorry in another 2-3 years when he holds out because he wants a new contract.

So far the Bills have conducted themselves in FA the way they usually do -- like the MIckey Mouse organization they are.

Looks like more $ down the season ticket drain again this year.

FWIW, though. I liked what I saw out of EJ last year. I can see him becoming a good QB. I can also see it going the other way, but it could work.

They're equally likely to go 12-4 as 4-12. 6-7 wins. It's what they do.

No... They aren't.

Also, they are moving Kiko Alonso to the outside. Not a bad idea. He fits there more... But acting like Keith Rivers is a legitimate starter in the middle is bad news.

Edited by Tankalicious

Well since the chances of either occurring is zero, we'll never really know. :nana:

The chances of 4-12 happening is much higher than zero. 12-4 also isn't zero, but It's much lower than the chances of 4-12.

Well since the chances of either occurring is zero, we'll never really know. :nana:

16C12*(0.5)12*(0.5)4 = 16C4*(0.5)4*(0.5)12

There you go, same chance at going 4-12 and 12-4! (That one's for you carp and UB phd-whatever your username is).

The chances of 4-12 happening is much higher than zero. 12-4 also isn't zero, but It's much lower than the chances of 4-12.

For the rest of the inept NFL franchises maybe, but this is the Bills we're talking about. The laws of probability do not apply.

(if you can't tell, I've removed my analytical scientist cap for this discussion and am just joking around a bit...)