[Game Day] Bruins @ Sabres 7:00PM

SabresBeat

i actually think the guy is very good. he's touigh to take because he's oneof those stererotypically homer hockey announcers, but i think the guy is decent.

BG - Being a "homer" is one thing, but what we heard last night was absolutely absurd. I am not able to play the internet and my options last night were to listen to NESN or turn down the volumen and I chose to turn down the volume. I just could not take it. You might be referring to his actual play-by-play which I do not think is too bad, but too often it is interuppted by obnoxious and condescending no-calls for the B's or calls against the B's.

Every home team announcer might make a comment in passing - but to add the commentary is just over the edge.

I was just going to ask any of you guys listening on NESN if they were complaining about the Sabres diving. I remember Boynton has been crying all year about the Sabres diving.

Here is what we expected from Boynton: ''You've got to go down in order to get a penalty and they do a good job of it," said defenseman Nick Boynton. ''It's funny to watch them on tape, but it's really disappointing because it really hurts us during the games. The effort was there and we deserved a much better fate. Unfortunately, we're just not getting it."

I caught most of the game and the previous games against the B's and I will admit I thought there was a couple instances it seemed like we went down easily. Not as much as the Bruins are making it out to be, but the Leetch slashing call and the cross-check on Vanek come to mind from last nights game.

A lot of things to like about last night, Connolly's amazing passes among them. Their puck possession and offensive pressure is something I don't think I've seen in all my years. They have that puck on a string for long, long stretches. It's something to see.

But I'm still worried about Miller. His game was just aight for me, dawg. He went down like a White House intern on the first goal and was lucky to avoid being scored on several times when he got himself out of position. And three posts were kind. But he made some big saves at key times. I get the feeling as I watch the new NHL more and more that that is all you can ask your goalie to do. We're just going to have to outscore our opponents.