• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

I do. I enjoyed that thread and hope it pops again sometime closer to the deadline.

I think this thread is just a product of people, like myself, not wanting to discuss speculation in three different threads (such as Around, the Vanek thread and the place your bets thread).

Then it should be named differently.

Then it should be named differently.

changed it

I guess the name can change but I definetly enjoy all the speculation and rumours tweeted and discussed by the talking heads.

I do. I enjoyed that thread and hope it pops again sometime closer to the deadline.

I think this thread is just a product of people, like myself, not wanting to discuss speculation in three different threads (such as Around, the Vanek thread and the place your bets thread).

This is why the thread was made, too much clutter on other pages/ I like hearing all of the speculation. The polls were just for the hell for it. Glad people are enjoying it :thumbsup:

Edited by WildCard

The retention of salary on all three (Vanek, Pommers and potentially Miller) would all end after this season based on comments upthread. given that Pegula has stated that cash shouldn't be an issue, it would make sense to me to maximize the salary retention on a potential Miller trade (either the 15% to cap or the 50% of total contract amount, IIRC) in order to maximize the return. Our cap number this year isn't an issue and all of the salary retention will end this offseason with all three contracts coming off the books.

Thanks for repeating exactly what I just said

He had two years remaining plus the rest of a third season, that's not a rental.

I said the same thing you did, but my opinion on Wsh picking him up wasn't a long term trade. That's what I meant by "rental"

Edited by Naulter8

Supposedly Buffalo is in the bidding war for O'Reilly, any thoughts.

Girgs, Myers, Zadorov, and Risto would be untouchables to me.

I'd think McNabb is pretty healthy trade bait, as well as Adam (albeit to a lesser consideration)

Supposedly Buffalo is in the bidding war for O'Reilly, any thoughts.

Girgs, Myers, Zadorov, and Risto would be untouchables to me.

Source?? That is my only suggestion for this thread. If your going to post a rumor it needs to be accompanied with where it came from. Otherwise you could have people just randomly throwing out ideas and before you know it we have 50 Ecklands around here.

Source?? That is my only suggestion for this thread. If your going to post a rumor it needs to be accompanied with where it came from. Otherwise you could have people just randomly throwing out ideas and before you know it we have 50 Ecklands around here.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTHS-CORNER/The-OReilly-Factor/6/57263

you asked for it :P

To be fair, the thread title includes "speculation".

We usually create a "legit trade with sources/links not involving Eck, and keep your stinkin opinions out of it" thread closer to deadline.

To be fair, the thread title includes "speculation".

We usually create a "legit trade with sources/links not involving Eck, and keep your stinkin opinions out of it" thread closer to deadline.

Might as well start that thread now. With the Olympics things will be happening earlier this year.

Besides we have had a 2014 draft thread since July 1, 2013. :)

Edited by sicknfla

Thanks. I could just see this thread turning into "do you think Miller, Myers, our first, Risto, Armia, and a 2nd could get us Crosby".

The Pens would have to throw in Fleury to even that out, The Pens would have too many goalies at that point. I'm sure if the Sabres throw in another 2nd the Pens would toss Malkin into the deal too