Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

:doh:

He's the least impressive goalie in our system right now. Ugh.

I am in utter and total shock. Matt Hackett is going to push for a starting job? He couldn't keep the starting job in Rochester. You know how I know these guys didn't do their homework... <_<

We could take Anton Karlsson, kid was supposed to be a late first or early second round guy and we are in the mid of the 3rd. Something must be up with him.

I for one am glad that the Sabres didn't trade away 2nd round picks like candy to move up in the draft. Outside of the top few players, the draft is a HUGE crapshoot. Drafting 4 players between 30-61, and hoping two of them pan out into NHL regulars for 5+ years is a realistic goal IMO.

So I'm sure there is disappointed fans here that Murray kept those seconds and didn't draft Barbashev. Looks like no Russians going to be drafted by Murray anytime soon. I'm just stunned that he and most other teams weren't able to pull off more player trades.

Not here. Those three second round picks have just as good a chance of making it as the guy Minny took at 18, as far as I'm concerned.

And I think he couldn't pull off trades because Vancouver was jamming everyone's phones.

Edited by Eleven

Not here. Those three second round picks have just as good a chance of making it as the guy Minny took at 18, as far as I'm concerned.

And I think he couldn't pull off trades because Vancouver was jamming everyone's phones.

Nor here either.

Since those picks wouldn't get him back in the top 8, might as well go for quantity in getting something to stick there.

Linden Vey for a 2nd round pick? Would he not have been a better addition than Cornel or Karabacek?

I don't understand taking a 4th liner in Lemiuex, instead of the #1 goalie?

Or taking Karabacek and Cornel, when McKeown was still on the board? Or taking the goalie while Anton Karlsson was still there?

(Those are my only gripes about this entire draft...let's get Donald Audette's boy in here now!)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.