Sabres Prospect Zemgus Girgensons

carpandean

Most first line centers score between 50-60 points. If our defense-first line (and I think that's Zemgus's best fit, the "third" line if you will) is scoring like that, we are going to be really really really good. The prospect of that makes me happy.

EDIT: The above should read 55-65 pts.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

Most first line centers score between 50-60 points. If our defense-first line (and I think that's Zemgus's best fit, the "third" line if you will) is scoring like that, we are going to be really really really good. The prospect of that makes me happy.

In other words, if he can lick Bergeron's jock we should all celebrate.

I can't see him ever scoring first line centre points.

But I can see him matched up against and dominating a lot of first-line centres.

I've had too much Italian sun and wine, so I'm going to say what I think many of us hope, but are too cautious to post: this kid is the real deal and will be remembered among the all-time great Sabres.

Has any player ever gone from the USHL at 17 to the NHL at 19? His growth has been amazing. He got more points as a 19-year-old NHLer than he did in the AHL at 18. He continues to blaze new ground. He's a teenager (or just stopped being one) from Latvia, for ###### sakes.

We are just scratching the surface. His ceiling is Ryan Kesler with a team-first attitude, or an upper case Michael Peca. PK, 17 minutes a night against the opponents best players, 50 to 60 points at his best, a captain who plays and delivers in all the key situations.

I can't see him ever scoring first line centre points.

But I can see him matched up against and dominating a lot of first-line centres.

I've had too much Italian sun and wine, so I'm going to say what I think many of us hope, but are too cautious to post: this kid is the real deal and will be remembered among the all-time great Sabres.

Has any player ever gone from the USHL at 17 to the NHL at 19? His growth has been amazing. He got more points as a 19-year-old NHLer than he did in the AHL at 18. He continues to blaze new ground. He's a teenager (or just stopped being one) from Latvia, for ###### sakes.

We are just scratching the surface. His ceiling is Ryan Kesler with a team-first attitude, or an upper case Michael Peca. PK, 17 minutes a night against the opponents best players, 50 to 60 points at his best, a captain who plays and delivers in all the key situations.

You know you're a deeply pathological Sabres fan when you're posting dream scenarios for prospects from your vacation in Europe during the dog days of the offseason.

(Of course, I've probably put up at least 100 posts in the same situation.)

Arrivederci! Hope you are having a great time.

Please travel via a reputable first-world airline.

You know you're a deeply pathological Sabres fan when you're posting dream scenarios for prospects from your vacation in Europe during the dog days of the offseason.

(Of course, I've probably put up at least 100 posts in the same situation.)

Arrivederci! Hope you are having a great time.

Please travel via a reputable first-world airline.

Grazi

Based on all the talk about Derek Roy around here, I thought those were the kind of guys we wanted to get rid of.

I think if we can get Derek Roy points out of him while playing a polar opposite style game as Derek then we've got ourselves a great player.

I think making the first line and the shut down line mutually exclusive is incorrect. While I do not see Gus being a top ten scoring center, I do, like others have said, see him being able to score between 50-60 points per year.

On top of that, I think he's going to be one of the leagues top defensive centers, with the ability to play and succeed in all situations.

He will wear a letter for the duration of his Sabres career too, with next year being the latest this happens. I think it's 50/50 that he wears one this year. I think this year starts with Stafford, Gorges, and Gionta wearing letters. If Stafford is traded at the deadline, Gus gets his letter. If not, he starts next year with one.

I think making the first line and the shut down line mutually exclusive is incorrect. While I do not see Gus being a top ten scoring center, I do, like others have said, see him being able to score between 50-60 points per year.

On top of that, I think he's going to be one of the leagues top defensive centers, with the ability to play and succeed in all situations.

He will wear a letter for the duration of his Sabres career too, with next year being the latest this happens. I think it's 50/50 that he wears one this year. I think this year starts with Stafford, Gorges, and Gionta wearing letters. If Stafford is traded at the deadline, Gus gets his letter. If not, he starts next year with one.

50-60 would put him in solid 2nd center, and top-3 3rd line center. I'm not saying it's not possible, I just don't want to hear about him being an underachiever when he strings together 45-point seasons. :)

As expected a couple of highlight reel moves put together with a constant gritty effort has turned expectations into first line center, defensive shut down center, nearly a point a game player all wrapped into one nice package. :wallbash:

Pavel Datsyuk.

(Let a boy dream you f'n buzz-kill.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.