The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

darksabre

Just now, Zamboni said:

I knew a guy many years ago who had that. That’s gotta be a tough situation. But I’m sure you’re used to it. If you had it since birth, you know no different so that’s normal for you.

It started at 38. I had long beautiful blonde hair and textbook beard. Miss it all dearly but life is a bitch.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ogre said:

I invested in everything I need for home years ago. I’m way too OCD to be able to use a public facility unless it were closed. Since that incident with the pneumonia(I was on and off for a year here and there)I’ve been working hard and consistently. That’s the key I think. Well anyways I’ve been having success and a tougher time finding clothes that fit right. My FIL is insisting that I need to wear xl tees but I’m only 5’8. I can’t wear a friggin shirt that comes down near my knees. Looks worse that just wearing the large that is a little snug. None of my dress shirt are able to be buttoned around the neck(I can hide it with a double Windsor) and the more of the shirt I fill, the shorter the sleeves are(can’t hide that). Overall it is good though. You’ll just have to buy new clothes.

No new clothes! I don't do enough weight or eat enough to bulk up. I like super high reps and flexibility and lean muscle. I can't be buying a new wardrobe lol. I only go heavy on leg day. Loosen up with weighted lunges and some hamstring work, then it's off to the squat rack. Gotta have quads for ski racing.

• 2 weeks later...

After neglecting the bike for a week I rattled off another 17 miles tonight.  I checked out a new bar where I heard a friend was working, looks like it might become a regular haunt.  It's like a big living room with craft beers.

LTz57E8vxJ93d76_OmetmR3tm2rbijkcTD1H9yiU

Besides the bartender I know, a friend from my neighborhood was there (left) as well as my friend that owns a brewery (right).  He just announced plans for expansion.

But oh.... break a sweat.... ride... bike, I should include a bike picture.

dR5XubmTG73-uWK1FgrJpp06fU5OVd1yQxPf5hRa

It was a gorgeous night for a ride- 57 degrees, low hanging clouds- almost, but not quite, foggy.

Edited by Doohickie

On 1/14/2020 at 12:48 AM, Doohickie said:

After neglecting the bike for a week I rattled off another 17 miles tonight.  I checked out a new bar where I heard a friend was working, looks like it might become a regular haunt.  It's like a big living room with craft beers.

LTz57E8vxJ93d76_OmetmR3tm2rbijkcTD1H9yiU

Besides the bartender I know, a friend from my neighborhood was there (left) as well as my friend that owns a brewery (right).  He just announced plans for expansion.

But oh.... break a sweat.... ride... bike, I should include a bike picture.

dR5XubmTG73-uWK1FgrJpp06fU5OVd1yQxPf5hRa

It was a gorgeous night for a ride- 57 degrees, low hanging clouds- almost, but not quite, foggy.

Damn you, I'm attached to my bike trainer at the moment, sooooo 5 miles of going nowhere with a fan blowing on me and Hulu ??? 

Also 5 miles crushes my Gooch even with padded riding shorts, to be a rookie 

2 hours ago, josie said:

Well I'll be looking for eight when they pull that gate
And I hope that judge ain't blind
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo's on my mind

Love George Strait

Although, I'm partial to I Can Still Make Cheyenne. Happy song disguised as a sad song.

Edited by ubkev
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Could be seat position (up-down, fwd-back, tilt)

I had the bike shop set it for me, ill stick with it for a little until I'm broken in, I'm gonna try some aero bars to see if thst helps the position a bit too, so many things to learn about the sport also and a trainer isn't the best feel 

• Like (+1) 1

Woke up. Ham and cheese omelette, tea. Walked the dogs. Showered. Went skiing for 3 hours. Drove home, walked dogs. Got my hair faded. Went to the gym. Worked chest, tris, abs and then ran. Went tanning. Protein shake and a little bit of chilli for lunch. Walked dogs. Just switched my laundry from the washer to the dryer. Starting dinner in half an hour. 

I think after I fold my laundry and eat dinner I probably shouldn't have to move off the couch again today....

I've added more workouts with friends to my hectic life- it's really helping keeping me sane. I've got two aerial girls who have become two of my closest friends. It's really great.

I also have abs. Like, real ones. It's so weird and cool. Like... I actually love the mirror for the first time in my life. Abs, weird colored hair, a few tattoos- sad it took me to 30 to figure it out.

Only problem is, stress + achieving body goals you've always had = walking that line with being insane a teeeeeeeny bit more than usual. It's dangerously tempting to go "man i'm this close, bet if I cut x food i'd REALLY get y"... and that is NOT how it works. That's how you get too weak to keep up and the whole thing derails when you get sick or injured... 

But my skills on hoop and trapeze/my strength have come a long way, I'm learning cyr wheel, and I'm toying with the idea of trying wrestling in a few months. I feel capable. It's really cool.

On 1/28/2020 at 3:11 PM, ubkev said:

Woke up. Ham and cheese omelette, tea. Walked the dogs. Showered. Went skiing for 3 hours. Drove home, walked dogs. Got my hair faded. Went to the gym. Worked chest, tris, abs and then ran. Went tanning. Protein shake and a little bit of chilli for lunch. Walked dogs. Just switched my laundry from the washer to the dryer. Starting dinner in half an hour. 

I think after I fold my laundry and eat dinner I probably shouldn't have to move off the couch again today....

Seriously ubkev, that is an exhausting year for me.  But I worked 35 years to enjoy this level of unfitness and don't want to spoil it now.

4 hours ago, Tondas said:

Seriously ubkev, that is an exhausting year for me.  But I worked 35 years to enjoy this level of unfitness and don't want to spoil it now.

Well yesterday I sat on the couch with the dogs for 6 hours before I went to the gym then I continued my couch sitting. 

Now I'm at work... ?

My first 2 sport workout today, did a mile swim in 55 minutes and then pounded out a 5k in 29 minutes right after. Tomorrow a 15 mile cycle on the trainer. 

Followed this up with a 14oz strip steak and broccoli. Feel good and tired all at once. 

Also this is my new setup for winter cycling, not all that exciting, but a good way to train properly. 

20200115_231913.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My first 2 sport workout today, did a mile swim in 55 minutes and then pounded out a 5k in 29 minutes right after. Tomorrow a 15 mile cycle on the trainer. 

Followed this up with a 14oz strip steak and broccoli. Feel good and tired all at once. 

Also this is my new setup for winter cycling, not all that exciting, but a good way to train properly. 

20200115_231913.jpg

Your right near Kissing Bridge. Has there been any skiing there at all this year?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.