The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

darksabre

They are pricey, but if you can find the larger bottles (not sure they make all flavors in the larger sizes), it should be more reasonable. I love the Green Machine flavor.

We can be our own worst critics sometimes, and I share this sentiment. Most days I feel like my body is this separate thing with which I'm forced to do battle and/or tolerate vs a healthy part of me, but I'm working hard to change that mentality. Doing things like snowboarding and hiking helps tremendously.

Sorry, but both of you can, at times, be idiots; and this is 1 of those.

Neither of you have reason to stress about not meeting some weird ideal. Especially w/ you both having LT relationships that aren't worthy of you. (Sorry d4rk, no offense intended, you're a heck of a lot more worthy of Jo than I'd've been at that age.)

Neither of you have reason to stress about not meeting some weird ideal. Especially w/ you both having LT relationships that aren't worthy of you. (Sorry d4rk, no offense intended, you're a heck of a lot more worthy of Jo than I'd've been at that age.)

;)

I keep hoping that if I keep saying "it doesn't matter what you look like as long as you're healthy" that eventually it'll sink in. So many of the women she wishes she looked like are women that I am sure aren't in as good of health as they could be. I'm a country boy. Gimme a corn fed girl.

Also, Jo is awful at taking compliments. :P

While I appreciate the vote of confidence (and I do), I will quote my friend to say: "You ain't never seen me naked." :P

But that's what's awesome about exercise; it forces you to focus on what your body can do rather than how it looks or feels, and the latter two naturally improve over time with exercise.

I'm amazed at how crappy my recovery time has gotten. Two days after a workout is where I really get hit hard. I used to love that kind of muscle pain because I earned it, but now it lingers around a bit longer.

Have you tried either of these?

http://tumericalive.com

http://www.cheribundi.com/sports/

Both are supposed to fight inflammation and accelerate recovery after exercise. The cherry juice is also supposed to promote better quality sleep, if that's an issue.

So, I can partially blame this thread... normally the day after playing hockey, I laze around because "I earned it". But I got up this morning and started running again. Slowly, and mostly walking, but you gotta start somewhere.

It was a beautiful morning, too.

So, I can partially blame this thread... normally the day after playing hockey, I laze around because "I earned it". But I got up this morning and started running again. Slowly, and mostly walking, but you gotta start somewhere.

It was a beautiful morning, too.

:thumbsup:

Woke up this morning and wrestled Bloodbath the Bear before coming to work. After work gotta get my run in. When I come home outside of running all my other weight lifting stuff will be put on hold for the week.

Is this a euphemism for a lady friend during that time of the month? Or did I miss something crucial up thread?

Is this a euphemism for a lady friend during that time of the month? Or did I miss something crucial up thread?

Lady Friend? I don't remember what that is anymore :unsure:

lol just a random sentence. Although going running this afternoon is definitely happening.

I'm amazed at how crappy my recovery time has gotten. Two days after a workout is where I really get hit hard. I used to love that kind of muscle pain because I earned it, but now it lingers around a bit longer.

I can barely walk after doing heavy leg lifting these days. Same stuff I always did, but now the recovery time is almost a week. Sucks getting old!

While I appreciate the vote of confidence (and I do), I will quote my friend to say: "You ain't never seen me naked." :P

But that's what's awesome about exercise; it forces you to focus on what your body can do rather than how it looks or feels, and the latter two naturally improve over time with exercise.

Have you tried either of these?

http://tumericalive.com

http://www.cheribundi.com/sports/

Both are supposed to fight inflammation and accelerate recovery after exercise. The cherry juice is also supposed to promote better quality sleep, if that's an issue.

Yeah, sure, rub that in. :lol:

I like naked me better than clothed me. The curves make sense- clothing effs up those lines. This is why I wear dresses a lot- keeps the flow uninhibited/not chopped up. I'd wander around in a toga and cinched belt if I could but...

I know I'm exercising right when it's less about the look/feel and more the feeling of it being an instrument, that I'm using every inch. Long strides on ice, a run that really gets into that sweet spot of stamina, rock climbing, fast/wild horseback riding, hauling/farmwork. Stuff where every muscle is engaged. I love that. I get so damn bored doing crunches or curls or what have you. Use it all or not at all. Take me snowboarding, bio, I wanna go!

He says as he rubs one out.

Was gonna say it. Figured someone else would say it. Well done.

He says as he rubs one out.

:lol:

On topic, as with most things, it depends what you're doing and what your goals are. In all honesty, unless your typical diet sucks or you're trying to bulk up, I do not recommend taking additional protein supplements. The average American consumes significantly more protein than they need, so even with exercise you're still covered with a quality diet.

Yes, increasing protein intake and timing it right are absolutely crucial for elite athlete training...but I don't think many here are elite athletes or are training as hard as they do. It's also generally the consensus that getting your nutrients from food is better than from supplements. If you work out in the morning and won't be eating anything for 5 hours, I can see it. But if you have a meal in close proximity to the end of your workout? Dump the shakes and cook chicken and fish.

As I get older I've become far less concerned with adding strength than I am with flexibility and total body fitness. I do more stretching, fewer isolation exercises, and far more compound exercises. Same raw strength but I find my functional strength is higher since I'm focusing on motions and muscles that are actually used in daily activities.

On topic, as with most things, it depends what you're doing and what your goals are. In all honesty, unless your typical diet sucks or you're trying to bulk up, I do not recommend taking additional protein supplements. The average American consumes significantly more protein than they need, so even with exercise you're still covered with a quality diet.

Yes, increasing protein intake and timing it right are absolutely crucial for elite athlete training...but I don't think many here are elite athletes or are training as hard as they do. It's also generally the consensus that getting your nutrients from food is better than from supplements. If you work out in the morning and won't be eating anything for 5 hours, I can see it. But if you have a meal in close proximity to the end of your workout? Dump the shakes and cook chicken and fish.

As I get older I've become far less concerned with adding strength than I am with flexibility and total body fitness. I do more stretching, fewer isolation exercises, and far more compound exercises. Same raw strength but I find my functional strength is higher since I'm focusing on motions and muscles that are actually used in daily activities.

Bingo.

Also if you eat excess protein it is just going to be converted into fat

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.