The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

darksabre

9 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Running in the 80s with high humidity absolutely sucks.

This is part of the reason I love cycling, you're usually moving fast enough that it's not too bad until you hit 90 F. Just keep taking on water as you ride and when you stop make sure there's nothing that'll be damaged by the sweat that'll start pouring off you now that the 'wind' is gone, lol.

I'm quickly heading towards Bilateral 3 compartment Fasciotimies of my lower legs.... I have ruled out almost everything including a negative EMG of my legs and lumbar spine as of this morning. Angiogram, venogram, MRI, MRA, MRV, Brain MRI to rule out MS plaques, Shockwave therapy and phisiolgy to achilles, PT, etc etc. 

Still with unbearable calf swelling that makes my foot numb after exercise, but has progressed to swelling just whenever it wants, I'm running out of options and tests. This sucks @ss

• dislike 1

On 8/12/2022 at 9:49 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm quickly heading towards Bilateral 3 compartment Fasciotimies of my lower legs.... I have ruled out almost everything including a negative EMG of my legs and lumbar spine as of this morning. Angiogram, venogram, MRI, MRA, MRV, Brain MRI to rule out MS plaques, Shockwave therapy and phisiolgy to achilles, PT, etc etc. 

Still with unbearable calf swelling that makes my foot numb after exercise, but has progressed to swelling just whenever it wants, I'm running out of options and tests. This sucks @ss

Not good, dude! It's been over a year of this now, right?

38 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Not good, dude! It's been over a year of this now, right?

It's been 2 years, on the flight down here my R leg/calf swolled up so bad I almost fell when I stood up because I couldn't feel my foot. 

It's a mystery, a fasciotomy may not even help, but at this point, doing nothing is still slowing whatever this is to keep progressing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Golf tournament today. We shot a 59 and won(duh.) On Friday the podiatrist took a plantar wart out of the center of the ball of my right foot, then filled it with Cantherone. I'm currently crippled. But I got that $50 gift card, gosh darn it!

Doc said I should be able to walk without pain in about 5 days...I think I screwed up the timeline on that.

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Schedule for the preop for fasciotomy at the end of September, this is such a grueling process. 

Hope it works. I can't wait to be more active, I'm still trying but it knocks me down a little more each time I push it even a little. 

Jesus Christ dude! I finally caved and image searched it. They look like what happens to boating accident victims when they take a propeller to the lower leg! And can medical personnel use better cameras when they upload to Google? Is that too much to ask? All of the lighting is straight out of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. *****in horrifying!

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

Jesus Christ dude! I finally caved and image searched it. They look like what happens to boating accident victims when they take a propeller to the lower leg! And can medical personnel use better cameras when they upload to Google? Is that too much to ask? All of the lighting is straight out of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. *****in horrifying!

Haha yes, well there is the trauma open fasciotomy for compartment syndrome which is literally an open filet of the leg. Then there is the laprascopic 2 incision technique for exertional compartment syndrome, they still filet the fascia but it's through smaller slits on the outside. Healing time and pain is much better this way. 

32 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I am getting contractors quotes for a new deck and for an irrigation system.  I definitely broke a sweat. 

Cost me $7500 for new concrete, brick and limestone stairs, and aluminum/pvc railings, banisters and spindles for the porch. I can't imagine the cost of replacing the porch in total. It's all concrete. Just hauling it away after demo would have been a zillion dollars. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I read about this recently, it's now on my bucket list.

https://hikebiketravel.com/cycling-the-cabot-trail-on-cape-breton-island/

(Hi @Sabres Fan in NS!)

The Cabot Trail and Highlands National Park is some of the most spectacular scenery anywhere.  Highly recommend it to anyone.

34 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

The Cabot Trail and Highlands National Park is some of the most spectacular scenery anywhere.  Highly recommend it to anyone.

I’ve travelled it a few times by vehicle or RV and it is beautiful. If any golfers are making the trip, 3 of the top 10 courses in Canada are on this route.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

I read about this recently, it's now on my bucket list.

https://hikebiketravel.com/cycling-the-cabot-trail-on-cape-breton-island/

(Hi @Sabres Fan in NS!)

I loved cycling Acadia National Park and surrounding area, this has a similar feel by just looking at pictures. I've been bummed I can't cycle yet until I get this leg/calf thing figured out. I put new tires on the Trek and just tuned up the Specialized in hopes that I'll be able to get back to it soon. 

34 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I loved cycling Acadia National Park and surrounding area, this has a similar feel by just looking at pictures. I've been bummed I can't cycle yet until I get this leg/calf thing figured out. I put new tires on the Trek and just tuned up the Specialized in hopes that I'll be able to get back to it soon. 

Acadia National Park is very similar to the area of NS where we live.  We were married in Bar Harbor and have travelled many times to Acadia.  We love it and that is part of the reason we choose the Halifax area in which to live.

Below are some pics from a hike right at our door basically.

IMG_20160914_1547343 (4).jpg

IMG_20160914_1557259 - smaller.jpg

7 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Acadia was the plan this summer, but some health issues messed that up. MsPie and I ate some food that ended up being recalled and the company is still figuring out what happened (3+ months later). We're both kinda fine now though, although worried about lingering effects.

Anyway, Acadia. We were there in 2019 before I got back into cycling and as soon as start cycling again I started thinking about the carriage roads and the big paved loop in the part. I had a plan to those a couple times during the trip. Ah well, next time.

On a side note, I also have a Specialized (gravel) and a Trek (old MTB).

41 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Acadia was the plan this summer, but some health issues messed that up. MsPie and I ate some food that ended up being recalled and the company is still figuring out what happened (3+ months later). We're both kinda fine now though, although worried about lingering effects.

Anyway, Acadia. We were there in 2019 before I got back into cycling and as soon as start cycling again I started thinking about the carriage roads and the big paved loop in the part. I had a plan to those a couple times during the trip. Ah well, next time.

On a side note, I also have a Specialized (gravel) and a Trek (old MTB).

Nice! I only road bike, I have an Emonda and a Tri bike. I did the climb up Cadillac mountain and all the Europeans were cheering me on and when I got to the top it was like a mini party 😂😂 they love their cycling. I hit about 48 Mph on the way down, which was also fun. 

What happened with the food, I hope nothing like Boutulin or anything of the like?! 

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Nice! I only road bike, I have an Emonda and a Tri bike. I did the climb up Cadillac mountain and all the Europeans were cheering me on and when I got to the top it was like a mini party 😂😂 they love their cycling. I hit about 48 Mph on the way down, which was also fun. 

What happened with the food, I hope nothing like Boutulin or anything of the like?! 

It looks like it's some sort of toxin situation, MsPie and I both had some liver function issues that seem to have mostly fixed themselves. Luckily, we didn't eat much of it. It was pretty good, so we would have if the recall didn't come up a day or two later, lol. Some people are in much worse shape than we were.

https://www.daily-harvest.com/content/french-lentil-leek-crumbles-advisory

42 minutes ago, MattPie said:

It looks like it's some sort of toxin situation, MsPie and I both had some liver function issues that seem to have mostly fixed themselves. Luckily, we didn't eat much of it. It was pretty good, so we would have if the recall didn't come up a day or two later, lol. Some people are in much worse shape than we were.

https://www.daily-harvest.com/content/french-lentil-leek-crumbles-advisory

Damn Tara flour, who woulda thunk it. As long as the AST/ALT are going back down then you should be good. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.