Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

I don't know if anybody is following this on Twitter, but apparently 40+ MVP ballots listed Ovechkin as a LW, even though he played RW this year. And we're supposed to put real stock into awards voted on by the media? Ha!

Biggest thing is that it screwed Taylor Hall out of getting some bonus money.

I don't know if anybody is following this on Twitter, but apparently 40+ MVP ballots listed Ovechkin as a LW, even though he played RW this year. And we're supposed to put real stock into awards voted on by the media? Ha!

Is that how he got on both NHL star teams this year?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=676355&navid=nhl:topheads

Wow!

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Hearing that Claude Giroux and the Flyers are close to agreeing to an 8-yr deal worth north of $8 M a year...

Was only a matter of time once the Getzlaf and Perry deals set the market. FWIW, I'd rather have Giroux for that money than either of those players.

Another Wow!

@DarrenDreger

Huge trade in the works. Boston and Dallas close on a deal sending Tyler Seguin to Stars for Loui Eriksson. Other parts involved as well.

So Lindy is going to go from having Hodgson-Ennis down the middle to Benn-Seguin? Not a bad deal at all.

Wonder if drafting Nichushkin is part of what made this trade possible in the sense that it made losing Ericsson more tolerable.

I would think getting a talented 21 year old that is locked in for the next 6 years makes any deal "tolerable."

I think you may be underrating Ericsson.

Eriksson is very good and consistent....Boston will like that and I think they're tired of the ups and downs with Seguin.

@DarrenDreger: I'm told there are 7 pieces to the Seguin-Eriksson trade. 3 prospects moving from Stars. 4 players total.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Rask said to be getting a deal for $56M/8. That'd be 1 of the 2 or 3 biggest cap hits for a goalie int he league.

https://twitter.com/EyeOnHockey/status/352448775178043394

Don't the Bruins know how to build a hockey team? We here in Buffalo know that you can't devote that much $$ to a goalie.

:rolleyes:

Wow!

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Hearing that Claude Giroux and the Flyers are close to agreeing to an 8-yr deal worth north of $8 M a year...

Whew. Glad we got that lockout and lost half a season so the owners could get this spending under control and be saved from themselves.

######

Hey, I found a word that you can't use here. It is a technical term for the general area between the butt cheeks.

Edited by superdave

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.