Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Ericsson is the most under rated player in the league. I would do Ericsson for Sequin straight up

I think it could be a win-win for both teams. It might be a case where Seguin would never reach his potential in Boston as a winger, but he'll have every opportunity to grow in Dallas at his natural center spot. Plus Dallas is looking to build a contender over a year or two rather than win immediately. Boston gets a great two-way winger in his prime on a cheaper contract than Seguin, very helpful given their cap situation. Interested to see what the other pieces are.

@DarrenDreger

Seguin and Peverley for sure going to Stars.

Update:

@DarrenDreger

Seguin, Peverly and Button to Stars. For Eriksson, J.Morrow R.Smith and Matt Fraser.

Poor Morrow, three NHL teams and not a game in the league.

Expensive cost for the Stars - Morrow and Smith should make decent NHLers. Sequin best up his game

I think you may be underrating Ericsson.

Ericsson is the most under rated player in the league. I would do Ericsson for Sequin straight up

I don't think I'm underrating Ericsson. I'm taking in consideration where Dallas is as a franchise. They are rebuilding and can pick up a very young and very talented, that, by the way, already has 42 playoff games under his belt at age 21. It's rare that a player like that becomes available.

The Sabres should be calling Boston.

Poor Morrow, three NHL teams and not a game in the league.

Expensive cost for the Stars - Morrow and Smith should make decent NHLers. Sequin best up his game

Dallas apparently has a much deeper prospect pool than I thought they did. Seems like they'll be able to absorb the loss just fine. Seguin has the highest ceiling of anyone in this trade...maybe he never hits it, but he was a top-30 scorer in his 19-20 year old season. I think it's a good chance to take for Dallas.

I don't think I'm underrating Ericsson. I'm taking in consideration where Dallas is as a franchise. They are rebuilding and can pick up a very young and very talented, that, by the way, already has 42 playoff games under his belt at age 21. It's rare that a player like that becomes available.

The Sabres should be calling Boston.

We don't have an Eriksson-like piece to move. Eriksson at $4.5MM for three years is a much better chip to a cap-strapped team than Vanek at $7.5MM+ (assuming he gets an extension in this range).

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Dallas apparently has a much deeper prospect pool than I thought they did. Seems like they'll be able to absorb the loss just fine. Seguin has the highest ceiling of anyone in this trade...maybe he never hits it, but he was a top-30 scorer in his 19-20 year old season. I think it's a good chance to take for Dallas.

We don't have an Eriksson-like piece to move. Eriksson at $4.5MM for three years is a much better chip to a cap-strapped team than Vanek at $7.5MM+ (assuming he gets an extension in this range).

Myers?

Yeah :( I don't understand how we got voted 8th best pool- i think ours looks barren after top 10

Yup, like it for both teams. So as a Sabres fan, I hate it. Why couldn't Boston get fleeced? :(

Two smart GMs getting a good deal for their respective teams without trying to "win" the trade. What a novel concept! :angel:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

An incomplete until we have the slightest clue what ________ does in the pros.

We won't know until it all shakes out with ________.

True of any trade ever. In this instance, Carolina got a top four D, Buffalo got a RH D and a high 2nd round pick. I think that works for both teams. So why ###### on Regier for making trades like this- or remark that he doesn't?

Two smart GMs getting a good deal for their respective teams without trying to "win" the trade. What a novel concept! :angel:

Why would Boston want a defenseman as the key piece if they're losing Horton and moving out two forwards in the deal? Not to mention their D is already strong and they have Hamilton in the Myers-mold of player.

Does Myers carry that value at this point, regardless of Boston's needs?

True of any trade ever. In this instance, Carolina got a top four D, Buffalo got a RH D and a high 2nd round pick. I think that works for both teams. So why ###### on Regier for making trades like this- or remark that he doesn't?

I just don't think the Bs-Stars trade is even remotely comparable to the Sabres-Canes trade. You can make a reasonable argument both the Stars and Bruins are better off right now after this trade, to say nothing of the future. The Sabres are worse off right now, and could be anywhere from worse to better off long-term. Let me put it to you this way, when was the last time the Sabres made a trade where both teams got better immediately? In the last 5 years I can think of the Ott-Roy trade as the only one that fits.

Does Myers carry that value at this point, regardless of Boston's needs?

Are you asking me if I think Myers could be the centerpiece of a deal for a Seguin-esque player, regardless of team needs? I'd say probably not. But even if Myers was coming off a great year, I don't think the Bruins would be interested in dealing Seguin for him because of the reasons I mentioned earlier. So it's pretty irrelevant.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Stoll rushed to hospital with seizure.

Jarret Stoll@jarretstoll 13h

Thank you for all the nice, thoughtful messages...really appreciate the support..for u in the US enjoy your 4th!

Retweeted by Pierre LeBrun

=====

Released from hospital and is reported to be doing fine. Good news.

@TheFourthPeriod

He's gonna look quite nifty next to Stamkos RT @erlendssonTBO #Tblightning have signed Jonathan Drouin to a three-year entry level contract

That didn't take long. Good for him.

I am wondering what the Mooseheads are going to look like next season with there top line from last year (MacKinnon, Drouin and Frk) very possibly all playing in the NHL. At least, we will probably have Fucale in goal.

Many other players, drafted into the NHL, or not, have reached their maximum (IIRC, it's 5 years, or until 21 years old, whichever comes first) time in the Q.

Glad they won the Memorial Cup this time around, because things can change very quickly in the Q.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.