[Game Day] Sabres @ Rangers 7:00PM

SabresBeat

Outstanding period for Ryan Miller, who stoned Jagr several times. And a great game so far for J.P. Dumont, who is clearly responding to the coach's challenge. Just keep Afinogenov, Roy and Vanek nailed to the bench, and we'll be fine. Man, when Vanek danced in front of the net and lost the puck in the slot... that was scary.

What's with Rangers going to their bench after being called for a penalty? T em up! Oops, wrong sport.

After the way Miller played in the second period as the Sabres scored three unanswered goals, to lay an egg in the third and overtime just drives me batty. Lots to worry about, but for me again the big concern is Miller. I just don't think he's going to be able to hold this defensive train wreck together. We can't clear the zone. These putzes are making me thirsty.

Reality Bites.

This is not November anymore...teams are "working harder" now talent comes to play, and this is where the Sabres are exposed for the frauds they are.

Regier got WAY too much credit this year, I still want him fired.

i thought tonight would be the night this started...

I absolutely agree he was one of the stars. He came off the bench cold and stole the game from the Sabres, as PTS said. I'm trying to look at the bigger picture here instead of fretting about little things that happened. The big concern for me is that Lundqvist is in the Sabres' heads now if the teams meet in the playoffs. That is not a matchup I like, Miller vs. Lundqvist. Plus, the Rangers have this guy named Jagr, and we don't.

After the way Miller played in the second period as the Sabres scored three unanswered goals, to lay an egg in the third and overtime just drives me batty. Lots to worry about, but for me again the big concern is Miller. I just don't think he's going to be able to hold this defensive train wreck together. We can't clear the zone. These putzes are making me thirsty.

Why do you always blame the goalie, and never blame the D? How was it Jagr was so wide open that he could waltz in front of Miller to tie the game? There wasn't Sabres defenseman within 10ft of Jagr! The Sabres defense has been putrid during this losing streak.

PTR

1. Bad team defense

2. Bad goaltending

3. DUMB PENALTIES!!

The Sabres have ZERO chance in the playoffs without Miller playing well and at this point in the slump, I'm starting to wonder what is going on with him. You can't let in 4 or 5 goals every game and chalk them all up to "he had no chance or it was a great shot". Sooner or later he has to make the big save. Biron is NOT the answer, so if Miller does not get out of his funk quickly, the Sabres are screwed.

As far as the penalties go, these guys aren't thinking at all. Tallinder takes a stupid high sticking penalty when the play was nowhere near him, Dumont trips a Ranger behind the New York net, etc...

On Jagr's game tying goal, Lydman and Tallinder were both in the same corner of the rink against the boards. Hey guys...one of you plays left defense and one plays right defense. The one playing left defense probably shouldn't be in the right corner of the rink.