Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Pretty solid episode IMHO.  The funeral and subsequent feast were great opening scenes.  I liked most of Sansa’s reunion with the Hound but not the end.  Arya roadtripping with the Hound again was very nice.  

Also thought they did a good job showing the tensions between Dany, Jon and the Starks, including the reasonableness of each side’s perspective.

I’ll pour one out for Rhaegal (good shocker there) and of course Missandei.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Tyrion should be dead. Cersei showed she was the monster. There was no reason to spare his life. 

I thought his number was up.  

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Pretty solid episode IMHO.  The funeral and subsequent feast were great opening scenes.  I liked most of Sansa’s reunion with the Hound but not the end.  Arya roadtripping with the Hound again was very nice.  

Also thought they did a good job showing the tensions between Dany, Jon and the Starks, including the reasonableness of each side’s perspective.

I’ll pour one out for Rhaegal (good shocker there) and of course Missandei.

I thought his number was up.  

Right after she was beheaded, the arrows should have flown. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

So, how did Tyrion and Varys learn of Jon’s birth?  What did I miss?  Did Sansa tell Tyrion?

Never mind ...  found it.

Jon told Sansa, Sansa told Tyrion and Tyrion told Varys.  3 idiots. 

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

Right after she was beheaded, the arrows should have flown. 

Probably, but GOT has been bad with strategy lately.  

By the way terrible way to take the lead in the Sabrespace GOT deadpool.

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Jon told Sansa, Sansa told Tyrion and Tyrion told Varys.  3 idiots. 

Probably, but GOT has been bad with strategy lately.  

By the way terrible way to take the lead in the Sabrespace GOT deadpool.

I assumed Bran told Tyrion. When did Sansa tell him?

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I assumed Bran told Tyrion. When did Sansa tell him?

Bran told Arya and Sansa when the 4 Starks had their meeting and Jon told Bran to tell them after they swore to keep it secret. Sansa then told Tyrion when they were on the Winterfell wall together before Tyrion left Winterfell.  Although we don't see it per se, Varys is asking Tyrion how many know the secret and Tyrion says 8.  Jon, Bran, Sansa, Sam, Ayra, Dany, Tyrion and Varys.

9 hours ago, SDS said:

Tyrion should be dead. Cersei showed she was the monster. There was no reason to spare his life. 

Disagree. She of course would spare his life. She wants him to suffer and she has proven time and time again that she prefers to make her enemies suffer. Cersei will want to kill Danerys before killing Tyrion to prove to him that he made the wrong choice. 

8 hours ago, WildCard said:

Can't believe they cut scene that massive reveal between Jon and his family 

Why? Outside of their reactions it doesn't add much. Arya showed her reaction, she left. Sansa showed her reaction, she had to think about what the information meant to the game. 

It makes no strategical sense to lay siege to King's Landing. It has been implied that Cersei has all her troops there. That means the rest of the country is yours. Retake everything else, name a new capital and  then force her to leave her protections to get it back. 

51 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Why? Outside of their reactions it doesn't add much. Arya showed her reaction, she left. Sansa showed her reaction, she had to think about what the information meant to the game. 

A bunch of things didn't add much to that episode. Two main characters' reactions to the most important plot line of the show definitely matter

• Like (+1) 1

I really don't like what the show writers are doing with Daenerys. She's not my favorite character in the world by any means, but they're really rushing her downfall. I get that there are only a couple episodes left, but this all feels really...weird.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I really don't like what the show writers are doing with Daenerys. She's not my favorite character in the world by any means, but they're really rushing her downfall. I get that there are only a couple episodes left, but this all feels really...weird.

The writing has really went downhill. Tyrion isn't the same, they rush things, they miss a bunch of stuff...great show but definitely not the same quality anymore

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, darksabre said:

This is the first time, after she gained power, that she has had to deal with loss. She's lost a lot of her most trusted friends in a short time. People in Westersos love John more than her and that is new too. Her motivations and reactions make a lot of sense. Everywhere she goes people love her, except it seems Westeros and now she has a rival with a better claim to the throne. A lot of impact on her. The fact she hasn't burned anything to the ground yet is really a wonder. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This is the first time, after she gained power, that she has had to deal with loss. She's lost a lot of her most trusted friends in a short time. People in Westersos love John more than her and that is new too. Her motivations and reactions make a lot of sense. Everywhere she goes people love her, except it seems Westeros and now she has a rival with a better claim to the throne. A lot of impact on her. The fact she hasn't burned anything to the ground yet is really a wonder. 

If the writers are trying to convey conflict they are failing. The only thing they're getting across at this point is that Daenerys is, apparently, extremely stupid. She's too stupid to burn anything to the ground. She was smart, and now she's stupid.

This show is going to kill off a bunch of people and the only reason for it is going to be "well, they were idiots."

They really shouldn't have added these "making the show" things after each episode. The writers come off as incredibly basic and lacking in creativity.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

If the writers are trying to convey conflict they are failing. The only thing they're getting across at this point is that Daenerys is, apparently, extremely stupid. She's too stupid to burn anything to the ground. She was smart, and now she's stupid.

This show is going to kill off a bunch of people and the only reason for it is going to be "well, they were idiots."

They really shouldn't have added these "making the show" things after each episode. The writers come off as incredibly basic and lacking in creativity.

How is she too stupid to burn anything? They have laid out the reasons why she won't multiple times. Tyrion has had conversation about not doing it. Varys is worried she will do it. There is a very logical reason not burn the city to the ground. 

That said after Missendee (sp?) and the dragon, I am all in favor of just destroying the entire place. 

14 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

image.thumb.png.3146c30ffbf63e73e37e89198010662a.png

GA in the lead and is one dead Varys from winning. 

Characters in green it seems like we said good-bye to yesterday so looks like me and TrueBlue are out.

I think Tormund comes back into play at some point, but True is definitely done. I might be too seeing as idk what Podrick is going to do anymore either. SDS is the only one with 3 characters that are guaranteed to die

Edited by WildCard

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

How is she too stupid to burn anything? They have laid out the reasons why she won't multiple times. Tyrion has had conversation about not doing it. Varys is worried she will do it. There is a very logical reason not burn the city to the ground. 

That said after Missendee (sp?) and the dragon, I am all in favor of just destroying the entire place. 

The entire preliminary assault on King's Landing was dumb as hell. Her actions during the battle of winterfell were super dumb. It's like they're trying to make her the dumb queen, not the mad queen.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The entire preliminary assault on King's Landing was dumb as hell. Her actions during the battle of winterfell were super dumb. It's like they're trying to make her the dumb queen, not the mad queen.

How the hell, thousands of feet in the air, does she not see an entire enemy fleet around the corner?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

How the hell, thousands of feet in the air, does she not see an entire enemy fleet around the corner?

Apparently it's very easy to hide giant boats. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everyone is stupid. Which is not entertaining. At all.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

What preliminary on king's landing? 

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

That I agree with. Also they could hit a moving object that far away with ballista on the first, second, and third try in row? Come on now. 

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Apparently it's very easy to hide giant boats. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everyone is stupid. Which is not entertaining. At all.

Especially since the show for the last 7 seasons has been all about careful planning and cleverness/politics being more important than brute strength. Now i'm expecting next week to be more Rambo-style charge in the front gates and fight everything entirely devoid of proper battle tactics.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.