Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

21 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

But did you see it happening before the episode? 

did i think arya would die? no. did i think the night king would die? yes.

i’m easy to please when it comes to tv and cinema (tho i connect strongly with only a few shows/movies) and this just didn’t get there for me. they basically fudged the numbers on the whole “longest fight scene” thing.

the more i think about this the worse it gets.

we never got to see the night king fight a ***** thing. was he actually ever good at anything other than throwing a spear and raising the dead?

we never got to see any of the night king’s main henchmen fight.

we never learned who the night king is and it’s irrelevant now.

everyone of consequence survived.

it took a throw from the left field wall to tag the night king out at home in the bottom of the 9th. (also, how did literally nobody stop arya considering they were surrounded?)

two great quotes about this episode

1) Tweet:  The Night King was concentrated on the popular vote and while Arya was focused on the Electoral College.

2) From my Son-In-Law:  The Night King lost the Super Bowl with a 1,000,000 to nothing lead in the final minute of the 4th qtr and driving on the 1 yard line; just like the Falcons.  

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Hoss said:

we never got to see the night king fight a ***** thing. was he actually ever good at anything other than throwing a spear and raising the dead?

it took a throw from the left field wall to tag the night king out at home in the bottom of the 9th. (also, how did literally nobody stop arya considering they were surrounded?)

This. I'm still hoping it will be addressed in these last three episodes. But if it isn't, that's just some really terrible storytelling right there. I assume at least Martin planned to have an explanation for the Night King?

28 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I am often slow to criticize art, but I think you raise some solid critical points quite immediately.

23 minutes ago, Neo said:

I am often slow to criticize art, but I think you raise some solid critical points quite immediately.

i’m struggling with a lot of how this was hyped and how it ended up. a solid chunk of the fight scene was just darkness and sound effects which doesn’t get me anywhere.

the dragon fight scene was fantastic except for the part where it was never made clear which dragons did or didn’t survive.

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

SDS has one, i have one, trueblue has one, freeman has one, GA has one, mustache has one.

all in all, i feel very let down.

Not sure if you are trying to be unspoilery, but nobody has more than one, and just one of us had none.

hell of an episode!

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

yes, they telegraphed that hardcore with the blue eye line from melisandre. i was in a room of five people and three of us called it.

I knew something was coming with Arya, but I didn’t see that.

I might see holes as I process it, but in the moment, the pacing and the tension never lost any of us for a second.

Did Jon’s dragon survive?

Here is the score (8 characters died) and someone had all 8.  Only Dudacek, who is playing the long game, was shutout at least for now. 8 of us are tied with one passing each.

1)JSB - Night King

2) SDS - Viserion

3) Wildcard - Melisandre

4) Hoss - Theon

5) True - Lyanna

6) nFreeman - Beric

7) GA - Jorah (Can Sam have his sword back?)

8.) Mustache - Eddison

Where did Ghost disappear to anyway? Jon's Dragon was in the trailer for next week.

The players (Who's left)

Targaryan - Dany and Jon?

Stark - Arya, Sansa, Bran? Jon?

Lannister - Cersei, Tyrion, and Jaime

Greyjoy - Euron, Yara, but no Theon

Baratheon - Gendry (and potentially Arya's baby?)

Mormont - RIP

Tarley - Sam, Gilly and Little Sam

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I knew something was coming with Arya, but I didn’t see that.

I might see holes as I process it, but in the moment, the pacing and the tension never lost any of us for a second.

Did Jon’s dragon survive?

there was certainly a lot of tension, but, for me, that tension feels like it was created from the hype and the “let’s push jamie against a wall with five zombies on top of him but not have him suffer any wounds” kinda stuff.

the score was absolutely brilliant, at least. jon’s role in the episode was also very good from start to finish.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.