Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Well, don't really have to worry about spoilers from us readers ... this shows is wayyy off the rails compared to the books.

I don't think it's off the rails. Martin gave the showrunners knowledge of the ending because the show is rapidly passing the books.

The Night King reveal was pretty huge.

It's awesome that there's the possibility of learning something new in the show now.

Said the guy that finished book 5 like a week ago.

I don't think it's off the rails. Martin gave the showrunners knowledge of the ending because the show is rapidly passing the books.

It's awesome that there's the possibility of learning something new in the show now.

Yea, I don't think changing some of the details has thrown it off the rails, since the overall story arcs appear to be very much intact.

Yeah just a little bit of foreshadowing and jumping around isn't terrible. Helps to improve the cinematic quality of a show rather than the literary buildup of the books.

Although is it me or are they zooming through events much quicker than the previous seasons? IIRC they are almost through book 3 with some of the events in the show, especially Dany/Mereen.

So did Daenarys' dragons take a vacation or did I miss something?

Hehehehehehe

Yeah just a little bit of foreshadowing and jumping around isn't terrible. Helps to improve the cinematic quality of a show rather than the literary buildup of the books.

Although is it me or are they zooming through events much quicker than the previous seasons? IIRC they are almost through book 3 with some of the events in the show, especially Dany/Mereen.

There's still a lot of important ground to cover this season, but it appears Bran and Dany's arc are going a bit faster. I think they'll start laying some groundwork for AFfC and ADwD stuff as well.

Hehehehehehe

There's still a lot of important ground to cover this season, but it appears Bran and Dany's arc are going a bit faster. I think they'll start laying some groundwork for AFfC and ADwD stuff as well.

Why in the world are they...

...accelerating Dany's storyline? Everything else I can at least understand, but this? The more they move her story forward, the less she actually has to do, since she spends basically two books thumbing herself in Mireen. WWWHHYYYYYY!?!?!

...accelerating Dany's storyline? Everything else I can at least understand, but this? The more they move her story forward, the less she actually has to do, since she spends basically two books thumbing herself in Mireen. WWWHHYYYYYY!?!?!

I'm thinking Dany's not going to be in Meereen nearly as long as she was in the books. But I agree that they could've made a much bigger meal out of the seige. Here's a sort of related reddit post I wrote earlier- I think Dany has more Rhaegar in her than Aerys. But that certainly is the internal conflict she faces in ADWD. After she hot bloodedly nails the 163 slavers up, every chapter after that is about her giving up something she wants for a Meereenese peace. I think there's every indication that the peace was going well (both sides gave up more than they wanted to and it was fragile, but hey, that's peace) until Drogon showed up and Barristan arrested Hizdahr.

I think the shavepate was most likely to be the one who poisoned the locusts, as he was warmongering hard throughout ADWD. I'm really interested to see how the show deals with Dany's Meereen arc.

This is what changed my pov of the Dany plotline http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/untangling-the-meereenese-knot-part-i-who-poisoned-the-locusts

I'd pay good money to see that

I don't know but I'm not looking forward to...

.... HBO's most likely very gritty/realistic/messy portrayal of the poo death plague they're all going to get. I could barely make it through parts of the book with the images in my head alone...

However, I for one welcome some clever editing out of Dany's time in Mereen. I became pretty bored/began skipping sections of it after a while. Still have to watch the newest episode.

Edited by Josie914

Guest Sloth

I just started watching the show in the past week or so, and I can't believe how good it is! I'm only on season one, but I am blown away. It's like when I finish an episode and have a chance to watch another, I don't hesitate. Found myself staying up way too late on a work night last week. Game of Thrones is very addicting. Definitely matches the hype.

Edited by thanes16

I just started watching the show in the past week or so, and I can't believe how good it is! I'm only on season one, but I am blown away. It's like when I finish an episode and have a chance to watch another, I don't hesitate. Found myself staying up way too late on a work night last week. Game of Thrones is very addicting. Definitely matches the hype.

let us know when you get to the end of season 1... not sure how much you know but stuff...

I just...

lDvL6y3.gif

Wow :blush:

Damn you qwk... I could watch that .gif all day.

Yeah agreed on everyone's take on the Dany storyline above. the storming/seizing of Mereen should have been a whole episode long similar to the Blackwater bay battle. Or at least let her chill outside the gates and let more of the champions of Mereen come and get killed by not-Belwas. that would have been entertaining to watch.

Dany in Mereen is boring learn how to rule stuff. Which makes for yawn tv.

I'd pay good money to see that

Unless of course this is happening the whole time. (might have to move the time slot back though :blush:)

Would Margery Tyrell go first overall in the GoT fantasy lady draft? I feel like Danerys would be right up there.

Margery Tyrell

Dany Targaryian

Sansa Stark

Rob Starks dead wife

Shae

Ygrette

Elarria Sand (Oberyn Martell's paramour)

Cersi Lannister

Melisandre

Missandei (Dany's handmaiden)

Any others?

Here's what Esquire thinks:http://www.esquire.co.uk/women/article/4083/game-of-throness-10-hottest-women-emilia-clarke-lena-headey/

Margery Tyrell

Dany Targaryian

Sansa Stark

Rob Starks dead wife

Shae

Ygrette

Elarria Sand (Oberyn Martell's paramour)

Cersi Lannister

Melisandre

Missandei (Dany's handmaiden)

Any others?

Here's what Esquire thinks:http://www.esquire.c...ke-lena-headey/

What? No love for Brienne of Tarth?….brienne-of-tarth-1024.jpg

:wub:

But any list that doesn't have Khaleesi ranked number one is mind boggling to me…sure, Margery is pretty and has great eyes for d… never mind that thought, but Khaleesi is the whole package. Id be her champion any day.

Also I would have Cersi higher, maybe 3rd or 4th. They could replace her with Keira Knightley and i wouldn't know the difference

What? No love for Brienne of Tarth?….brienne-of-tarth-1024.jpg

:wub:

But any list that doesn't have Khaleesi ranked number one is mind boggling to me…sure, Margery is pretty and has great eyes for d… never mind that thought, but Khaleesi is the whole package. Id be her champion any day.

Also I would have Cersi higher, maybe 3rd or 4th. They could replace her with Keira Knightley and i wouldn't know the difference

Sorry bud. Cersi just doesn't do it for me.

and I would definitely know the difference. Keira is 100x better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.