Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

So Patty is taking his time on the GM search because he is waiting for permission to interview Tywin Lannister.

I like.

I'd hire Tywin as GM... that guy get's sh!t done.

I mean come on, his father's bannermen were being disrespectful and his father was like well I better not upset them. So for years the Lannisters were not feared because Twin's father let his bannermen disrespect him. Tywin comes of age and is basically in charge and says to these guys, you can fall in line now or else. They laugh at him and treat him like his father... So what does Tywin do? He kills them. Of course not just them but their entire family. Cousins, Children, anyone who could lay a claim to their lands is killed and their castles are raised to the ground... Tywin is a scary guy. Of course and this is the spoiler part, he underestimates 1 person he shouldn't and well Tyrion is pretty badass himself now isn't he?

I'd hire Tywin as GM... that guy get's sh!t done.

I mean come on, his father's bannermen were being disrespectful and his father was like well I better not upset them. So for years the Lannisters were not feared because Twin's father let his bannermen disrespect him. Tywin comes of age and is basically in charge and says to these guys, you can fall in line now or else. They laugh at him and treat him like his father... So what does Tywin do? He kills them. Of course not just them but their entire family. Cousins, Children, anyone who could lay a claim to their lands is killed and their castles are raised to the ground... Tywin is a scary guy. Of course and this is the spoiler part, he underestimates 1 person he shouldn't and well Tyrion is pretty badass himself now isn't he?

Shanahan would think twice about suspending Sabres, let me tell you.

I'm with the others, there is no Tywin right now. And perhaps therein lies the problem...

You're with the Others? Well, that would explain a lot...

Can Foligno be anyone other than Daenerys?

I was feeling pretty good about Foligno as Jon Snow -- son of a great leader, goes off to the frozen North, gets into some scraps, finds himself in a hot tub with a cutie, etc.

And I also liked PLF as Danerys -- the good-looking leader returning from exile with an army to clean house.

Come to think of it, Nolan should've been Ser Jorah.

• 3 months later...

Prince Oberyn was cool, like really cool. I wish TV shows would stop introducing characters with sex scenes, though. If knowing a character's sexual preferences actually tells us anything about them, go for it. Otherwise, think of something else. House of Cards has done this, too.

Arya and the Hound bro-ing out was really sweet. Couple a bad ass mofos.

Sansa is much nicer to Tyrion in the show than she ever was in the books (more an observation of season 3 episodes 8-10 than this episode).

The direction they've been going with Shae since the end of season 2 is absolutely brutal. She's easily my least favorite character.

And what else can you say about the Joff? :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by qwksndmonster

I thought the Oberyn intro was awesome; fit the character perfectly. I also find myself enjoying Arya's scenes more than I did her chapters in the book. I like her character, but never particularly loved the chapters for whatever reason.

As far as Sansa goes, I'm glad she's miserable. Stupid child contributed to a lot of this--I really hate her as a character. I know she's supposed to be a sympathetic figure, but it just doesn't work for me. She's probably my least favorite behind Sam.

I think Jaime's actor is nailing it. Great stuff and love the character.

Lastly: the previews for next week made me giddy. Giddy.

I thought the Oberyn intro was awesome; fit the character perfectly. I also find myself enjoying Arya's scenes more than I did her chapters in the book. I like her character, but never particularly loved the chapters for whatever reason.

As far as Sansa goes, I'm glad she's miserable. Stupid child contributed to a lot of this--I really hate her as a character. I know she's supposed to be a sympathetic figure, but it just doesn't work for me. She's probably my least favorite behind Sam.

I'm enjoying Arya's chapters much less in the fourth book (which I'm in the middle of right now). There's one or two Arya chapters in the second book that are among my favorites.

Both Catelyn and Sansa needed so much more to do. I understand that the setting needs emotional grounding, but giving 2 characters the role of "feels very sad and their life is sad" and nothing else is just terrible. That said, I thought Sansa's actress did a good job in this episode.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.