Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Just finally watched the episode today. Wow, that was awesome. This show just loves making you feel every gut punch. Jaime protects Briana (sp?) in his first moment of non-dickishness ever and then... well... Jaime Lannister, let's give him a hand, folks!

About to watch it again when my sister gets home.

Brienne* ... and yeh ... you may actually end up liking Jaime. I want to post in this thread so badly but having read all the books I don't want to spoiler everything like I did for all my buddies at work :-P. So, definitely keep watching. Amazing series. Definitely recommend the books.

Brienne* ... and yeh ... you may actually end up liking Jaime. I want to post in this thread so badly but having read all the books I don't want to spoiler everything like I did for all my buddies at work :-P. So, definitely keep watching. Amazing series. Definitely recommend the books.

I do really like Jaime. He's an awesome character. I imagine he'll be even awesomer without his hand (and that's not a joke).

No spoilers please. And btw what you posted about Jaime qualifies as a spoiler.

I was going to ask if you like posting just to be a dick sometimes... then I saw that you're from Brooklyn.

Actually, I grew up in WNY.

As for being a dick -- which one of us posted a spoiler? And which one of us is name-calling? And which one of us just posted a negative generalization about people based on where they are from?

Actually, I grew up in WNY.

As for being a dick -- which one of us posted a spoiler? And which one of us is name-calling? And which one of us just posted a negative generalization about people based on where they are from?

1) It's not a spoiler

2) Wasn't name calling, was identifying.

3) Me, because stereotypes can be fun!

My statement was based on the few years I've seen you post things seemingly just to stir the pot. This you have a history of doing; not me. Saying "Not new threadworthy" is typically not new postworthy.

Anyways, I'm being drawn into an argument with somebody who thrives on it. This is foreign territory to me and you are a pro. I'll go back to doing my thing and you'll go back to doing yours. I'm just a tad feisty today as I am officially old today :-P.

Enjoy the show, spoiler free (But do pick up the books!).

1) It's not a spoiler

2) Wasn't name calling, was identifying.

3) Me, because stereotypes can be fun!

My statement was based on the few years I've seen you post things seemingly just to stir the pot. This you have a history of doing; not me. Saying "Not new threadworthy" is typically not new postworthy.

Anyways, I'm being drawn into an argument with somebody who thrives on it. This is foreign territory to me and you are a pro. I'll go back to doing my thing and you'll go back to doing yours. I'm just a tad feisty today as I am officially old today :-P.

Enjoy the show, spoiler free (But do pick up the books!).

That's your answer? "No, it's not a spoiler?" "No, it's not name-calling?" How old did you officially become? Old enough for PG-13 movies?

The point of saying "no spoilers please" or "not new-thread-worthy" is to maintain standards of discourse. Otherwise, as I'm sure you're familiar with, we just have the shrieking of hyenas.

Sounds good. I'll have to check it out.

should be noted again plot twists, plot twsists, plots twists.

Basically never assume anyone has a firm grasp on the power they hold. It seems to me in GoT that power is like trying to hold water in your hands.

Went over to a friend who has HBO Go and watched me some Game of Thrones last night... this is how last nights episode went...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... DRACARYS!!!!!!

Gotta love Daenerys Stormborn.... she's awesome.

Zzzzz? No way!

Danaerys was the highlight, but Varys making new friends, Jaime and Brienne, the manipulative mind of Margaery, Theon's WTF? moment and the events at Craster's (hope I did that without spoilers) - great episode I thought.

Zzzzz? No way!

Danaerys was the highlight, but Varys making new friends, Jaime and Brienne, the manipulative mind of Margaery, Theon's WTF? moment and the events at Craster's (hope I did that without spoilers) - great episode I thought.

maybe it was because I was fully expecting Danaerys so I was just eager to get to that... I will need to rewatch because I think you make some Valid points. Also I laughed at Theon a little, hes such a d-bag.

Zzzzz? No way!

Me too. The dragon lady is awesome.

Zzzzz? No way!

Agreed I thought it was the best episode of the season so far

Finally got a chance to watch last night, and I must say, that was one of the best episodes of the entire series. Jaime drinking the horse piss was hilarious, as was Varys talking to Ros about what exactly Podrick did to the whores.

I actually think my favorite scene was one not in the books (at least not that I remember): Cersei and Tywin. I know I'm supposed to loathe Tywin Lannister, but he really is such a boss--how many people would tell their daughter, the queen, they weren't very smart? And follow it up with saying he'll get the king to do what he wants him to? Awesome.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Here's something else on this show: HBO released a bunch of "animated shorts," each about 3 minutes long, that provide a great description of the backstory (i.e. what happened in previous eras, before the story told by the books and the TV show begins). I've watched about half of them. They really fill in a lot of good information and context as to the historical wars and rivalries.

This youtube link has good sound and picture quality and will play what I think are the first (and possibly only) 27 of them in a row: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScEI1ePXwzk&list=PL46C6ABC1034D5230

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.