Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Overrated zombie soap drama has a thread and the greatest show on television does not?

My favorite part of the first episode (of the third season) was when Tyrion spoke to his father. The look on his face as he left the room gave me chills.

I also still can't believe one of Daenerys's dragons is named Drogon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnEBatKmLpM

I really like the show and in fact just started reading the first book -- really like it so far as well.

I started watching the show in December, so I had a doable amount of wait time for the third season. After it's over, I'm definitely reading the books.

[spoiler WARNING (sort of)]

My brother read the books and he thought something huge was about to happen during the end of the first episode, but it ended before that thing occurred. I'm so hyped for Sunday.

The third book is probably the best of the five so you guys have a lot to look forward to this season.

I am in book 4 and the rediculousness of book 3 makes me very excited for this season.

I have to say that they have done a good job with the series even if they have changed some things.

I am in book 4 and the rediculousness of book 3 makes me very excited for this season.

I have to say that they have done a good job with the series even if they have changed some things.

Have to agree that the third book is the best one so far, although I am enjoying the fifth a lot as well. I watched the first season, but I couldn't stomach the second, an unbelievable amount of fabricating happens, an most of it really isn't to compensate for time/tv restrictions. Really annoying additions/ subtractions that alter the personality of the characters as well as their motivations that just ruin the awesome plotting and character association that happens in the books Edited by WildCard

Have to agree that the third book is the best one so far, although I am enjoying the fifth a lot as well. I watched the first season, but I couldn't stomach the second, an unbelievable amount of fabricating happens, an most of it really isn't to compensate for time/tv restrictions. Really annoying additions/ subtractions that alter the personality of the characters as well as their motivations that just ruin the awesome plotting and character association that happens in the books

They are doing the 3rd book in two seasons of the TV show, so hopefully that helps with those types of time constrictions. I love the books and the TV series.

They are doing the 3rd book in two seasons of the TV show, so hopefully that helps with those types of time constrictions. I love the books and the TV series.

hopefully because I really do enjoy watching the grandeur of the books in real life. But I think the splitting up of the season might be because GRRM has yet to finish the series. He usually takes about 5 years and he stil has 2 left, about 5-7 years is the prediction

hopefully because I really do enjoy watching the grandeur of the books in real life. But I think the splitting up of the season might be because GRRM has yet to finish the series. He usually takes about 5 years and he stil has 2 left, about 5-7 years is the prediction

Buy some time, milk that cash cow, sounds right to me.

Love the show, and the books. I thought the first episode of the new season was particularly good, especially the scene between Tywin and Tyrion. Poor Tyrion...it's amazing with the way his family treats him that he seems to be the only Lannister with some semblence of honor and a conscience. You'd think he would've turned out to be the most evil of them all, given the circumstances.

Love both the series and the books. I, for one, will be thrilled if they split up book 3 entirely into two different seasons. I though season 2 already started to get a bit jumbled trying to squeeze so much in to 10 episodes--for anybody who didn't read the books, I could definitely understand if there was confusion. Overall I was a bit disappointed with season 2, but luckily season 3 has started with two really good episodes.

Love both the series and the books. I, for one, will be thrilled if they split up book 3 entirely into two different seasons. I though season 2 already started to get a bit jumbled trying to squeeze so much in to 10 episodes--for anybody who didn't read the books, I could definitely understand if there was confusion. Overall I was a bit disappointed with season 2, but luckily season 3 has started with two really good episodes.

That's exactly what they're doing.

And supposedly they're going to combine books 4 and 5 (which basically take place concurrently) and probably have all those events take place over 2 (3?) seasons. That's the speculation anyway. There's no way they can do book 4 the way it's written.

Love the show, and the books. I thought the first episode of the new season was particularly good, especially the scene between Tywin and Tyrion. Poor Tyrion...it's amazing with the way his family treats him that he seems to be the only Lannister with some semblence of honor and a conscience. You'd think he would've turned out to be the most evil of them all, given the circumstances.

SPOILER!!!!

I was surprised that they revealed Barristan the way they did in Episode 1 season 3... I thought it was him in the books but it is better not knowing for awhile. Makes it more fun when he gets revealed.

I don't get to see episode 2 until tomorrow uhg.

And supposedly they're going to combine books 4 and 5 (which basically take place concurrently) and probably have all those events take place over 2 (3?) seasons. That's the speculation anyway. There's no way they can do book 4 the way it's written.

If it's officially split into two seasons, that's terrific news. And I agree with you, there's no way they just drop half of the characters for a full season doing book 4 as written.

SPOILER!!!!

I was surprised that they revealed Barristan the way they did in Episode 1 season 3... I thought it was him in the books but it is better not knowing for awhile. Makes it more fun when he gets revealed.

I don't get to see episode 2 until tomorrow uhg.

I get what you're saying about Selmy, but given the visual/audio medium versus reading text, I think keeping his identity secret would have been pretty hard. I liked how it was done in the books, but I think it was one of those changes necessary to adapt it to TV.

If it's officially split into two seasons, that's terrific news. And I agree with you, there's no way they just drop half of the characters for a full season doing book 4 as written.

I get what you're saying about Selmy, but given the visual/audio medium versus reading text, I think keeping his identity secret would have been pretty hard. I liked how it was done in the books, but I think it was one of those changes necessary to adapt it to TV.

but they left out Belwas... I wanted to see his dirty fatness. He seemed like a fun character. I understand what you mean, it would have been very difficult to keep it a secret but they could have acted like it was even if we knew. I am going to try an find Episode 2 right now. I really love watching these.

but they left out Belwas... I wanted to see his dirty fatness. He seemed like a fun character. I understand what you mean, it would have been very difficult to keep it a secret but they could have acted like it was even if we knew. I am going to try an find Episode 2 right now. I really love watching these.

I do miss Belwas and hope they find a way to work him in at some point--I know he's not a huge role, but he does have some very important moments later on, and I'm not sure who/what would replace him in those moments.

I do miss Belwas and hope they find a way to work him in at some point--I know he's not a huge role, but he does have some very important moments later on, and I'm not sure who/what would replace him in those moments.

If we are thinking of the same moment, you could send Selmy or Jorah perhaps. Idk it will be interesting. I am glad that they are splitting season 3 and I am also glad that they cast the Reeds for it. They are kinda important going forward.

They could try. But it would make the Yule Log seem like edge-of-your-seat television.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the latest episode last night. Holy mackerel!

It was pretty good. Daenerys Targaryen is being all clever and such. Jon Snow is way in over his head. Uhhh it is going to be such a good season.

and the fun Game of Thrones fact of the day is this:

Tamzin Merchant was originally cast as Daenerys but thankfully we ended up with Emilia Clarke... who is much more... ummm .... yea...

post-2716-0-16839800-1366204759_thumb.jpg

post-2716-0-17417100-1366204767_thumb.jpg

Just finally watched the episode today. Wow, that was awesome. This show just loves making you feel every gut punch. Jaime protects Brienne in his first moment of non-dickishness ever and then... well... Jaime Lannister, let's give him a hand, folks!

About to watch it again when my sister gets home.

Edited by qwksndmonster

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.