Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

What Dany did was absolutely in character for her. She has been ruthless about death since the beginning. People give her passes for her cold ruthless streak because in the past her victims had committed heinous crimes. But she was drenched in blood long before the genocide of kings landing.

7 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Congrats @GASabresIUFAN on winning. May you rule the seven realms of Sabrespace justly:

Runner up is still up for grabs.

image.thumb.png.de92dae7b36c2d6078fcb6b0c5ce7d06.png

The fact that Greyworm and Podrick outlived Vary's is outrageous

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Apparently Varys wasn’t so safe after all.

Absolutely absurd that he died before some of these characters

Edit: Still, credit where credit is due. Well played GA ?

Edited by WildCard

11 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

What Dany did was absolutely in character for her. She has been ruthless about death since the beginning. People give her passes for her cold ruthless streak because in the past her victims had committed heinous crimes. But she was drenched in blood long before the genocide of kings landing.

War is death. This was more than that. This was murder.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

The fact that Greyworm and Podrick outlived Vary's is outrageous

Absolutely absurd that he died before some of these characters

I thought Greyworm was doomed myself.  It’s why I choose Missandei in the 3rd rd because the Show/Martin likes people to go in pairs.  For example Cersei/Jamie.  

That said I thought Podrick would live.  He is Perceval in the Arthurian tales, the squire who becomes a knight.  

Martin has taken characters from Tolkien, King Arthur and medieval battle history and woven them into his story.  Sam Tarly is a nod to Sam in LOTR.  Melisandre is Morgana, but with a twist.  Jon Snow is Arthur.  

1 hour ago, sabills said:

War is death. This was more than that. This was murder.

So was hanging masters on poles in imitation of what they did to the slave children. Yes the masters deserved death. But it was a cold biblical punishment. That set the tone of fear that dany has cultivated.

Just now, drnkirishone said:

So was hanging masters on poles in imitation of what they did to the slave children. Yes the masters deserved death. But it was a cold biblical punishment. That set the tone of fear that dany has cultivated.

I just don't see the parallel between the two though. That was merciless justice. Was it too far? Probably. But it had some justification. This was straight up killing people that she didn't need to kill, who had never wronged her or committed atrocities or enslaved people. She had won, it was over. She could have walked through those streets untouched. But she torched them. You can absolutely draw a line from the masters being crucified to this, but I think the showrunners left a lot of that line un-drawn.

• Like (+1) 1

Have any of the primary actors indicated that they were ready to move on after all these years? 

There is a lot of hand-wringing about rushing the last two seasons, but real people play these fake characters and maybe some want to move on with their lives? 

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

Have any of the primary actors indicated that they were ready to move on after all these years? 

There is a lot of hand-wringing about rushing the last two seasons, but real people play these fake characters and maybe some want to move on with their lives? 

Outside of Kit and Emilia, will any of them get pay checks like this again?

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

Tyrion for sure. Theon has been in other things, Sansa could get some roles, the Lannister dad was a big actor before this, Jamie is in other films/roles already

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

No idea what they get paid now. Some of them are young and maybe want to move on to a new chapter of their life? Regardless, 10 years is a long time to spend doing one show that has so many irreplaceable characters. 

On 5/13/2019 at 3:43 PM, sabills said:

I just don't see the parallel between the two though. That was merciless justice. Was it too far? Probably. But it had some justification. This was straight up killing people that she didn't need to kill, who had never wronged her or committed atrocities or enslaved people. She had won, it was over. She could have walked through those streets untouched. But she torched them. You can absolutely draw a line from the masters being crucified to this, but I think the showrunners left a lot of that line un-drawn.

It's just the natural consequence of the series ending and the length of the seasons contracting simultaneously. Everything happening so fast makes it sloppy, but I think the trajectory has been telegraphed quite heavily. Toss in the recent emotional trauma of losing a second dragon, her most trusted advisor, her best friend, being betrayed by Jon (and thinking she's going to lose the throne to him), etc. I think the turn made total narrative sense, even if we didn't get to see all the dots get connected in a well-paced fashion. 

On 5/13/2019 at 3:47 PM, SDS said:

It was all about the cost to make the show, methinks.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

It was all about the cost to make the show, methinks.

HBO wanted more episodes, and it makes sense with it being a massively popular show and the last season; more episodes = more money

The writers are set to be the next guys for Star Wars, that is the rumored reason why it is 6 episodes and not 10

56 minutes ago, WildCard said:

HBO wanted more episodes, and it makes sense with it being a massively popular show and the last season; more episodes = more money

The writers are set to be the next guys for Star Wars, that is the rumored reason why it is 6 episodes and not 10

But it took 15-16 months to produce and show these 6. If there were four more, we would have waited much longer. 2-4 more months?

I just read seasons 9 to 16 have been announced.  Seasons 9 to 15 will start with the Middle Ages and move through Camelot, The Crusades, The Inquisition, Reformation, The New World, The Age of Reason, The Enlightenment, The American and French Revolutions, The Industrial Revolution and end with Kitty Hawk.  Finally, season 16 will race through WWI, Lenin, WWII, The Cold War, Mao and end with .... Donald J. Trump as leader of the free world.  I suspect it will satisfy few.

Edited by Neo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.