Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

18 minutes ago, French Collection said:

She did say she was going to kill the queen, I assumed it was Cersei.

They didn't give her a white horse for nothing.

Death does ride a pale one.

Also, Bran was totally warg'd into the horse. He knew he had to help her escape. 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The storming of the city was pretty accurate. The good guys become the bad guys and anything goes. Dark stuff but yea. 

In history storming cities always results in murder, rape, theft, and destruction. Not even ancient history too, Allied soldiers conquering Berlin did terrible things

Now that the Red Keep is a pile of ruble, if there still a Iron Throne to sit on?

The writers have a lot of lose ends to tie up. 

1) Will there be a ruler of the 7 Kingdoms and who will it be if there is?

2) If not, will the North become it’s own country?

3) What are the fates of Dany, Tyrion, Jon and the 3 Starks?  Did Arya live to resolve these issues?

4) Will Dany turn her Dragon on the Starks? 

5) Do we care anymore who lives and who dies?  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Best episode of the season. Too bad they didn't know how to develop the characters in a way that made it make more sense, but Dany burning innocents? Northman, the supposed heros, as rapists and murderers? Yeah, thats the GRRM I know.

My picks for likeliest to end up on the throne at the end, ascending:

5) Dany

4) Gendry

3) Jon

2) Sansa

1) No one

2 minutes ago, sabills said:

Best episode of the season. Too bad they didn't know how to develop the characters in a way that made it make more sense, but Dany burning innocents? Northman, the supposed heros, as rapists and murderers? Yeah, thats the GRRM I know.

My picks for likeliest to end up on the throne at the end, ascending:

5) Dany

4) Gendry

3) Jon

2) Sansa

1) No one

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cd97f60444f6a766f

in all seriousness though, Jon is getting the throne and Danerys is getting Arya'd

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Arya doesn't want to rule. If she doesn't want to be a lady, she certainly doesn't want to be queen. 

yeah, I don't actually think thats going to happen, or even make any sense, haha. Should have made that more clear that I was joking.

Though, THEORETICALLY, she could kill and take her face, and then abdicate to Jon as Dany....

naw, not enough time. Could be interesting though.

3 minutes ago, sabills said:

Arya kills Dany, takes her face, rules in her stead.

I don't see that happening. I think we're going to get a really tragic scene where Arya, in disguise, kills Dany. Jon, witnessing the assassination, kills/mortally wounds the disguised Arya, only to discover the assassin's identity.

This all happens, of course, in the Iron Throne room.

Just now, sabills said:

God, its just so rushed. This should have been the second to last season, or should at least have been 3-4 episodes longer. Its nice that the episodes are an extra 15 minutes long, but its not enough.

I think it's going to feel a lot better when binge watched. I intend to start re-watching immediately after the last episode.

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think it's going to feel a lot better when binge watched. I intend to start re-watching immediately after the last episode.

If you view season 7 and 8 as 1 season, it flows better. Not good but better. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Now that the Red Keep is a pile of ruble, if there still a Iron Throne to sit on?

The writers have a lot of lose ends to tie up. 

1) Will there be a ruler of the 7 Kingdoms and who will it be if there is?

2) If not, will the North become it’s own country?

3) What are the fates of Dany, Tyrion, Jon and the 3 Starks?  Did Arya live to resolve these issues?

4) Will Dany turn her Dragon on the Starks? 

5) Do we care anymore who lives and who dies?  

1) maybe not, they'll be tribal a.f. as they were before any great unifications because that's often how history goes... 

2) Not sure- there's some deep magic there that's yet to come out I think

3) Dany either gets murdered or kills herself... otherwise no idea. I heard that an alternate ending to this episode was Arya taking Jamie's face and dying in the hold after killing Cersei... but she lives. 

4) Maybe. But Jon can control dragons too.. so it'll be like that scene in Air Bud where the baddy and the good guy are trying to get the dog to come to one of them... 

5) Hound is dead and I honestly don't care anymore. 

My 2 main takeaways:

1) for seasons folks have been screaming for blood/torching King's Landing. It happens and they're all ? So I enjoy showing us how ***** up the viewers are. Because war is awful, good guys aren't often good to a fault, and villains don't always deserve epic deaths. And those scenes made me feel super panicky and awful, much like the battle for winterfell- which I also really enjoyed. 

2) in the books (yes I know but I swear I'm not saying this to be an annoying neckbeard) Dany is like 12-13 years old at the start. So by this point she'd be late teens maybe? I felt it was heavily implied that the madness developed in late teens/early twenties much like schizophrenia (for example). GRRM set it up as a long fuse situation. As someone who lived in fear of that exact thing until I made it into my late 20s, it really stuck out to me. It was done in the show but maybe not to the same extent. Sometimes it's a tipping point you need- in her it was fear, isolation, and when the city surrendered and the cityfolks weren't chanting hosanna in her name and loving her like other smallfolk had... bam. I wish they'd done a better job with this, personally. But also, a lot of viewers were totally into thinking she was some perfect white savior paragon of virtue (lots of projection here- people I know be like "oh i would totally be mother of dragons and become the beloved leader of a super tough horde! live laugh love!")... so I kinda like the duality. I've never been a fan of Dany, books or show. Partly because the actress has two expressions, and I just never liked the character's setup. 

Also, I think the only way Arya doesn't die is if she's not the Prince Who Was Promised. In the original myth Azor Ahai creates Lightbringer by killing his wife. Perhaps Jon is still Azor Ahai and he kills Dany to save Arya (or SANSA) from Dany's paranoid wrath. 

Just now, darksabre said:

Also, I think the only way Arya doesn't die is if she's not the Prince Who Was Promised. In the original myth Azor Ahai creates Lightbringer by killing his wife. Perhaps Jon is still Azor Ahai and he kills Dany to save Arya (or SANSA) from Dany's paranoid wrath. 

Yeah we gotta tie back in the other starks and asha (yara)... I feel like Sansa's gonna be more important here soon. I saw an idea that her and Tyrion, since they're still married most likely, take the throne, not a love match but a "well someone's gotta do it" sort of thing. Irony being everyone kills for the damn throne and it ends up being a "you take it. no you. no YOU."

No clue. Honestly, speculation just kinda makes me queasy, I wanna see what they do, and then if GRRM changes the book ending due to crowd reactions haha 

A lot of people are talking about Dany being out of character but she's actually never had a problem with killing. She kills people or has them killed quite a lot leading up to this. She's never been a ruler as much as a conqueror. 

My theory is that Dany is killed, Jon is king, Sansa is the new master of whispers, Tyrion is hand, Arya goes to live with Gendry but she refuses to marry him or be a "lady". Davos retires to narth. Greyworm is killed in the Dany coup. Tormund raises Ghost and the have adventures north of the wall. Also Brienne finally realizes that Jamie was an idiot and goes and gets herself some Tormund. 

26 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

A lot of people are talking about Dany being out of character but she's actually never had a problem with killing. She kills people or has them killed quite a lot leading up to this. She's never been a ruler as much as a conqueror. 

My theory is that Dany is killed, Jon is king, Sansa is the new master of whispers, Tyrion is hand, Arya goes to live with Gendry but she refuses to marry him or be a "lady". Davos retires to narth. Greyworm is killed in the Dany coup. Tormund raises Ghost and the have adventures north of the wall. Also Brienne finally realizes that Jamie was an idiot and goes and gets herself some Tormund. 

She has brutally killed before , but at one point I really wanted her to stop it was to much ?

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I love me some Tormund. Him and Hound are my favs. 

God. What if she has Jamie's baby... not like they were likely using condoms... Lannister Tarth, gold and sapphire. Wow I really kinda hate that. Course, by the same logic, Arya could be carrying a Baratheon. I guess as someone who isn't into the whole idea of having kids, neither of those make me happy but... I could see it. 

Yeah Dany as conqueror- yep. Dothraki were known as merciless hordes. The Unsullied are essentially robotic death machines who do what their leader says (Daenerys). Why everyone was so shocked pikachu face about this amuses me. They said Cersei would rule over a kingdom of ashes if that's what it took but wellp.. it's Dany. Ashes look like snow, lots of symbolism of her bringing the endless winter... I'm actually enjoying all of that (lots of hiroshima/pompeii/911 feel to this last one, now we go into the post apocalypse). It's all still largely about the human condition to me- there will not be a happy ending because humanity is essentially flying by the seat of its pants. And the people really upset about that... well, this is the wrong series for them. 

Counterpoint: while Dany has never really had a problem with killing, she has always purported herself to be a Queen of the people. She's killed leaders, slavers and armys, but for the most part she has avoided whenever possible killing civilians. She's spent her life as a ruler FREEING those people. When Drogon killed a young girl she felt horrible about it. Was that a bit naive? Sure. Dragons are machines of death. Fire and Blood. Its who they are, and who she, Dany the Targaryen, is. But Dany the woman always thought she was better than that.

This was DEFINITELY outside of her established character to this point. She could have blown up the Red Keep without touching those civilians. But something snapped. The Targaryen  appeared. And I'm ok with this as the end point for Dany's character, but I wish they had shown their work a little more in the show. Again, this season is just rushed. A few more episodes to show that turn coming on would help a lot.

I think in the BOOKS, GRRM is setting up for that a bit better. There's a reddit post that I found earlier that goes over a lot of it, but I can't find it right now.

I have a running canon of how I would have done this season in my head in a way that would still hit all the major plot points, but would have been a bit more satisfying (to me, anyways). I've got to see the end game before I can solidify it, though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.