Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I know where Dragonstone is.

How did Yara get her Ironborn fleet to White Harbor without being attacked by Euron? It seems to me that she should have met with some resistance in the Narrow Sea. 

Yara didn't. It was Danerys fleet. She didn't have the iron borne when she sailed from Mereen she has her own ships. That is why you see the Targaryen crest on their sails and not the ironborn krakken. 

Edited by LGR4GM

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yara didn't. It was Danerys fleet. She didn't have the iron borne when she sailed from Mereen she has her own ships. That is why you see the Targaryen crest on their sails and not the ironborn krakken. 

That makes sense. Those ships did look pretty empty. I assumed since they were talking about the Ironborn in the previous scene that the ships they were using were Ironborn flying under the Targaryan flag (to avoid confusion with Euron's fleet also flying the Ironborn flag).

Why sail for Dragonstone without Yara's Ironborn? It's quite close to the King's Landing theater and you have to assume Euron's fleet will be on patrol. Sailing a fleet with a skeleton crew into that region seems like a poor choice. They don't really need to be at Dragonstone to launch their attack on King's Landing do they? At least not before Yara gets there.

Edited by darksabre

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Now that is where I agree with the stupid part. They seem almost against scouting. Which is dumb. 

And ideally you'd want Yara's fleet to get there first and establish naval superiority before floating what are essentially troop transports into the area...

This is setting up a great ship battle though, which I'm ok with. They could have done it in this episode though. It would have made sense. 

A whole season should have been about Night's King and the WWs. If they had devoted at least 3 or 4 episodes to them just beating the crap out of Man? That'd have been worth it at least. The whole damn series has been supposed to be "all of this squabbling, the scheming and plotting and killing over the throne, it means nothing because the White Walkers are coming."

But they make him into a one-battle joke, and the finale is about Cersei and stupid ballistas (which the keep calling scorpions to personally annoy me, I'm reasonably sure) and Dany AND Tyrion AND Varys AND every single military all of a sudden being extremely bad at their jobs? bleh.

I honestly wouldn't even be that upset if I thought there was any chance GRRM would actually finish this damn thing off himself.

1 hour ago, Marchand'sNose said:

My opinion: SDS wins the whole thing next episode, GASabresIUFAN comes in second during the final episode, followed closely by dudacek for third place. No one else gets all 3 of their people killed.

It will be interesting, although I think Varys might be removed sooner then later

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

On 5/6/2019 at 11:56 AM, LGR4GM said:

Now that is where I agree with the stupid part. They seem almost against scouting. Which is dumb. 

Money saving for a small market, cash strapped, Kingdom.  They killed the scouts and switched to reviewing raven imagery several seasons back.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/6/2019 at 11:56 AM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Yeah, this happened in the idiotic scene where Dany legitimizes Gendry as a true son of Robert Baratheon, which technically makes him king of Westeros.  So Dany, who wants Jon to lie about being a Targaryean to ensure her claim isn't encroached upon, basically adds another legitimate claimant to the throne.  She could have given Storm's End to Gendry without legitimizing him, like Geoffrey gave Harrenhal to Janos Slynt, but the writers decided to go full stupid here.  Oh, and they left a coffee cup on the set.

Then they double down and have Gendry propose to Arya.  This entire series is built on the idea of arranged marriages.  It's the DNA of the show, and every major character has been impacted by it.  In keeping with that DNA, if Gendry wanted to propose to Arya, he should have arranged it with Sansa.  She would have probably said yes, as allying the North to the Stormlands through the marriage of a younger  sister is a politically smart thing to do.  It's literally the same alliance that started the show.

But something like that would take writers who still wanted to write a GOT show. These guys seem to be auditioning to show-run Gotham.

Iron bank of braavos will make the golden company switch sides,  biggest mistake Cersei made was paying them back in full.

All their loans repaid they don't have to back her up to sit on the throne any more because they are worried about being paid back.

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Iron bank of braavos will make the golden company switch sides,  biggest mistake Cersei made was paying them back in full.

All their loans repaid they don't have to back her up to sit on the throne any more because they are worried about being paid back.

That's an interesting theory.  It does make sense.  Without it, that whole exchange seemed sort of random and unnecessary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.