Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

2 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Especially since the show for the last 7 seasons has been all about careful planning and cleverness/politics being more important than brute strength. Now i'm expecting next week to be more Rambo-style charge in the front gates and fight everything entirely devoid of proper battle tactics.

Judging by the defenses I saw at King's landing, there is not a way to get through the gates. You would be destroyed. They need some cunning for sure. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

What preliminary on king's landing? 

That I agree with. Also they could hit a moving object that far away with ballista on the first, second, and third try in row? Come on now. 

That preliminary. With the gun boats. It was extremely dumb. Military stuff in this show used to be fun. Now it's just stupid. Like the writers have no idea how to write.

4 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Especially since the show for the last 7 seasons has been all about careful planning and cleverness/politics being more important than brute strength. Now i'm expecting next week to be more Rambo-style charge in the front gates and fight everything entirely devoid of proper battle tactics.

Yup. All the cleverness seems to have been abandoned.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

That preliminary. With the gun boats. It was extremely dumb. Military stuff in this show used to be fun. Now it's just stupid. Like the writers have no idea how to write.

I'm sorry I just don't remember the gun boats. Do you mean what happened at Dragon Stone? 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Judging by the defenses I saw at King's landing, there is not a way to get through the gates. You would be destroyed. They need some cunning for sure. 

The way that Dany is going from "breaker of chains" good leader to tilted "they killed my friend and dragon" mad queen, i'm fully expecting her to just take Drogon and attempt to blast through the wall. Which is a terrible idea.

My biggest annoyance continues to be that this all feels so rushed based on the artificial timeline of this being the last season. The great war with millions of undead took one ***** night, and now they have ~3 hours left of screentime to wrap up the battle of King's Landing and decide the throne. For contrast the Battle of Blackwater took like 6 episodes with the buildup, strategizing and battle.

I like finding things out, but this is feeling like a Dexter or Walking Dead type letdown as opposed to the brilliance of a Breaking Bad type ending. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh, I don't count that as a preliminary assault on King's Landing. They were just going back to Dragon Stone. 

I don't think that's what was happening there. They were very clearly at King's Landing, which you don't have to go anywhere near to get to Dragonstone.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I don't think that's what was happening there. They were very clearly at King's Landing, which you don't have to go anywhere near to get to Dragonstone.

No they were at Dragon Stone. They went to Dragon Stone to wait for John and the army before attacking King's Landing and Euron was there waiting. 

I think @LGR4GM is right on this one.  Dragonstone is pretty close to King's Landing, and I think they were planning on setting up their staging area there.  When the survivors washed up on shore, it was at Dragonstone.

Just now, nfreeman said:

I think @LGR4GM is right on this one.  Dragonstone is pretty close to King's Landing, and I think they were planning on setting up their staging area there.  When the survivors washed up on shore, it was at Dragonstone.

It's not anywhere close to King's Landing, especially if coming from the north. So that heavily fortified fort they encountered wasn't even King's Landing? It was just some random fort?

What was Dragonstone?

Where Danerys was when the dragon got hit and Euron attacked. That was not an assualt on King's Landing. They were on their way to Dragonstone. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Where Danerys was. That was not an assualt on King's Landing. They were on their way to Dragonstone. 

Okay, but what was that fort then? Because Tyrion and Varys end the episode inside Dragonstone castle, so it clearly wasn't occupied by Cersei's forces.

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Okay, but what was that fort then? Because Tyrion and Varys end the episode inside Dragonstone castle, so it clearly wasn't occupied by Cersei's forces.

Danerys and her fleet went to Dragonstone. Waiting in the sea outside was Euron. When they got close Euron attacked. No one was in the castle, just Euron on the sea waiting. 

Then Danerys goes to King's Landing to get Missandei and there is that scene. They are in 2 separate places. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Danerys and her fleet went to Dragonstone. Waiting in the sea outside was Euron. When they got close Euron attacked. No one was in the castle, just Euron on the sea waiting. 

So am I just imagining that there was also a fortification of some kind? That would explain my confusion.

So am I just imagining that there was also a fortification of some kind? That would explain my confusion.

What Dany flew over or around was Dragonstone, the castle. It is on the way to King's Landing by sea from the North. So no you are not imagining it, it was Dragonstone. 

latest?cb=20170901144851

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

It's not anywhere close to King's Landing, especially if coming from the north. So that heavily fortified fort they encountered wasn't even King's Landing? It was just some random fort?

I think its even more confusing because after that sea battle, we are all immediately teleported to the gates of King's Landing with Dany/Tyrion/Greyworm etc. talking with Cersei's forces. There's no travel time anymore because the show runners are running out of time, so all the characters just magically jump from place to place based on plot needs.

1 minute ago, Samson's Flow said:

I think its even more confusing because after that sea battle, we are all immediately teleported to the gates of King's Landing with Dany/Tyrion/Greyworm etc. talking with Cersei's forces. There's no travel time anymore because the show runners are running out of time, so all the characters just magically jump from place to place based on plot needs.

Actually there is a scene where they wash up on the beach and another scene where Tyrion and Varys talk to Danerys in Dragonstone about not burning everything down before we get to King's Landing. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

What Dany flew over or around was Dragonstone, the castle. It is on the way to King's Landing by sea from the North. So no you are not imagining it, it was Dragonstone. 

I'm going to have to re-watch this episode. Because I had no idea they were even going to Dragonstone if that's where they were when the attack happened.

Did they not even come from the north? Did they sail their army all the way around Westeros and come up to Dragonstone from the south?

I'm going to have to re-watch this episode. Because I had no idea they were even going to Dragonstone if that's where they were when the attack happened.

Did they not even come from the north? Did they sail their army all the way around Westeros and come up to Dragonstone from the south?

You don't seem to know where Dragonstone is. It lies at basically the mouth of Blackwater Bay. They said in the episode they were going to sail from White Harbor to Dragonstone. There is no going south and then coming back. It was just sailing down. John is taking the rest of the army down the king's road.

Related image

They came from the North. Dragonstone is on the way and would be a logical spot to stop to plan the upcoming attack. However, based on the map of Westeros i'm struggling to figure out where Euron was hiding that was close enough to be able to shoot and destroy the ships near Dragonstone. Looking at the screenshot, Dragonstone is by itself and the closest island (or that peninsula thing to the SW) is too far to be in range of those scorpion arrow things given the scale of the rest of the map.

I'm with you Dark, maybe I need to watch it again...

image.thumb.png.e1358041778e4b1cc6ef981ac4b205b4.png

Just now, LGR4GM said:

You don't seem to know where Dragonstone is. It lies at basically the mouth of Blackwater Bay. They said in the episode they were going to sail from White Harbor to Dragonstone. There is no going south and then coming back. It was just sailing down. John is taking the rest of the army down the king's road.

Related image

I know where Dragonstone is.

How did Yara get her Ironborn fleet to White Harbor without being attacked by Euron? It seems to me that she should have met with some resistance in the Narrow Sea. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.