Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

There is no way in hell Grey Worm or Jorah live. They might as well have giant signs on them saying 'Kill me first'

I'm in, despite having blurted out my strategy.

Although I think WC is right about Jorah and Gray Worm too.

One of grey worm/missandei will die

One of jamie/brienne will die, if jamie lives Tyrion dies (one of them kills cersie)

Gendry dead

Sam lives

Sansa lives

Arya we think is killed,  but reveals herself to kill someone important

Jon dies, is resurrected by the red women

Daeny is killed by a resurrected jon to complete lightbringer and defeat the night king

3 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

One of grey worm/missandei will die

One of jamie/brienne will die, if jamie lives Tyrion dies (one of them kills cersie)

Gendry dead

Sam lives

Sansa lives

Arya we think is killed,  but reveals herself to kill someone important

Jon dies, is resurrected by the red women

Daeny is killed by a resurrected jon to complete lightbringer and defeat the night king

Arya can’t die.  She is meant to kill Cersei.  She is also possibly carrying the last Baratheon heir if Gendry dies.

Remember these books are about the Starks and to a lesser extent the Targaryens.  

So who goes.

We have to many advisors. Tyrion, Sam, Davos, Varys , Missandei.  Missandei plus at least 2 more bite the dust. Davos and Varys.  Sam might also because Gilly is pregnant and Sam told Jon his real identity.  What’s left of his sorry?

We have to much Muscle.  Brienne, the Hound, Turmond, Grey Worm, Jaime, Jorah, Podrick, Gendry.   Imho only The Hound survives.  Jaime’s work is done.  He gave Cersei one more baby, made Brienne a Knight and made peace with Bran. Gendry made Arya’s weapon and gave her love.  He’s doomed.  

Others:

Theon. He is a survivor.  Can he save Sansa again and what will it cost him?

Bran: some Stark needs to “die”. What about the artist formerly known as Bran? He is the bait after all and is no longer Bran anyway. 

Arya?  She has one name left on her list now that she has made peace with the Hound.  She kills Cersei. Lives.

Sansa:  the leadership of the North is not resolved. Sansa lives.

Jon and Dany.  Their romance is un resolved.  They live.

Cersei lives for now.

21 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Arya can’t die.  She is meant to kill Cersei.  She is also possibly carrying the last Baratheon heir if Gendry dies.

Remember these books are about the Starks and to a lesser extent the Targaryens.  

So who goes.

We have to many advisors. Tyrion, Sam, Davos, Varys , Missandei.  Missandei plus at least 2 more bite the dust. Davos and Varys.  Sam might also because Gilly is pregnant and Sam told Jon his real identity.  What’s left of his sorry?

We have to much Muscle.  Brienne, the Hound, Turmond, Grey Worm, Jaime, Jorah, Podrick, Gendry.   Imho only The Hound survives.  Jaime’s work is done.  He gave Cersei one more baby, made Brienne a Knight and made peace with Bran. Gendry made Arya’s weapon and gave her love.  He’s doomed.  

Others:

Bran: some Stark needs to “die”. What about the artist formerly known as Bran? He is the bait after all and is no longer Bran anyway. 

Arya?  She has one name left on her list now that she has made peace with the Hound.  She kills Cersei. Lives.

Cersei lives for now.

Agree about the Hound....he still has to face-off against the Mountain at some point. I also think one of Theon or Sansa dies soon...my guess would be Theon protecting Bran. Grey Worm, Ser Brienne and Giantsbane I can also see not making it out of the next episode.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So who goes.

Others:

Cersei lives for now.

While show has a definite Stark bias, the books don't, and they aren't mostly about the Starks and Targaryens.  

The show feels like it's a hero-journey story with a Lord-of-the-Rings type ending.  The true king defeats evil to save the realm. Jon seams like he's the main hero so far, which is why they've started to shade Dany.  That's also why the show has now evolved into a who-will-live and who-will-die analysis.  The writers pushed this the last eposode with a bunch of fan-service before the battle.

The books feel like they're going to have a similar ending to the original planet of the apes ("You maniacs!  You blew it all up!"), where the characters believe they are being heroic, but drive humanity to it's destruction.

Anyway, somebody should tell those Northern rubes that if you're fighting an enemy who can raise the dead, you shouldn't hide everyone in the crypts.

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

so for the draft we've got:

me, freeman, trueblue, mustache of god, jsb, wildcard, dudacek. one more spot available on this train.

If nobody else wants to do it, I can do it. I am on travel right now so you’ll have to bear with me. 

5 hours ago, SDS said:

If nobody else wants to do it, I can do it. I am on travel right now so you’ll have to bear with me. 

you’re in! when i get up tomorrow i’ll randomize draft order then we can start picking.

only rule is the character has to be readily identifiable by name so EVERYONE who diligently watches would know who they are.

I think Missandei and grey worm was like a final goodbye episode.

Jorah will probably get a heroes death trying to save his niece.

Turmond and brienne die most likely, I can see Jamie having to take over the leadership of the left flank.

Bran and theon die and jon takes revenge somehow.  

I think dany survives, but goes powerhungry for the iron throne and tries to kill jon an episode later.  (one of the first episodes she had a vision walking towards the iron throne and it was snowing all around)  With Jorah, grey worm and missandei gone, she will probably have tyrion killed.

Jamie, I don't see his storyline ending, he is going to be needed to have the lannister army turn side in the end.  

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

@Hoss — could you also pls clarify the rules of the contest?  I.e. is the winner the person whose 3 picks all die before anyone else’s 3 picks are all dead?  Do they all have to die in the next episode?  Other?

i was thinking whoever has the earliest combination of deaths? but we could definitely do whoever’s characters are ALL dead first. i’m okay with either.

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I think 3 deaths is way to low, need to be at least 5.

it’s three deaths per person so it’ll be 24 characters (actually 27 because i’ll let GA in since he was engaged in the discussion from the start)

50 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

R we drafting one character at a time or 3 at once?

one at a time. the order was determined using this website: https://www.random.org/lists/

1. @jsb
  2. @SDS
  3. @WildCard
  4. Hoss
  5. @dudacek
  6. @TrueBlueGED
  7. @nfreeman
  8. @GASabresIUFAN
  9. @Mustache of God

JSB you can make your first selection once we finalize the rules.

thumbs this post up if you think it should be "whoever's three characters die first" or thanks it (the beer) if you think it should be "whoever has the quickest average death." this would take some legwork but i can keep track of that if that's what we want to do.

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.