Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Used to think Jamie lannister sucked, but he finally broke free from the chains of his family.  

Can't wait to see if they give him a fist filled of dragon glass.

Man, if you ever read the books Jamie gets good as soon as we start getting his viewpoint. He looks like such a 1 dimensional character early on, when you see it from his side it adds so much depth to his character. The whole "so many vows" speech is great, show and book.

Man, if you ever read the books Jamie gets good as soon as we start getting his viewpoint. He looks like such a 1 dimensional character early on, when you see it from his side it adds so much depth to his character. The whole "so many vows" speech is great, show and book.

He's a villain at first because we see him throw Bran and then Kill Ned's men in the streets. Then the so many vows speech comes from a Cat chapter.

His arc is so much more satisfying in the books because Jaime actually grows and changes from his experiences with Brienne. Getting his hand cut off, telling Brienne about the Mad King (first person he's ever told), and then going back to save her really puts him at odds with his sister idealistically. He's never not trending away from Cersei.

In the show his arc quickly becomes "that guy that stands next to Cersei." Once he gets back to King's Landing. I think we should've gotten a Bronn/Jaime or Dickon/Jaime romance in the show. Jaime has never had an adult sexual relationship, and he's always been most comfortable on the road with fellow soldiers. I think there's a lot of textual evidence of Jaime's homosexuality.

That, and Future Brane being the Night King would suck so much donkey dick

So if Arya kills Bran, does Dr. Emmett Brown have to enter the picture to keep from changing the entire scenario???

But Bran sucks so much

Be careful the LBGT police are everywhere.

That was a great scene when Arya kills Tommy Carcetti, errrr Littlefinger though. Bran did provide some good information for that to happen though.

So if Arya kills Bran, does Dr. Emmett Brown have to enter the picture to keep from changing the entire scenario???

Be careful the LBGT police are everywhere.

That was a great scene when Arya kills Tommy Carcetti, errrr Littlefinger though. Bran did provide some good information for that to happen though.

Wait wha? What does Bran have to do with that? Did I miss some canon thing about him being gay? I'm out of the loop. 

Unless you meant Little Bran Games Thrones or something. 

Haven't seen the finale yet, but it was spoiled by nearly everyone I know who did see it within seconds of its airing. Bleh. 

Wait wha? What does Bran have to do with that? Did I miss some canon thing about him being gay? I'm out of the loop. 

Unless you meant Little Bran Games Thrones or something. 

Haven't seen the finale yet, but it was spoiled by nearly everyone I know who did see it within seconds of its airing. Bleh. 

Most of that post is a joke

The LBGT quote came from WildCard's remarks that Bran sucks donkey d!ck and that he sucks so much. If that was ok then mine has to be OK I assumed. 

The bolded part somewhat happened to me also but I refused to read the texts and sent this reply

You have been BLOCKED by this user until he goes home and watches Game of Thrones. That actually worked for me too!!!!

Edited by jsb

Most of that post is a joke

The LBGT quote came from WildCard's remarks that Bran sucks donkey d!ck and that he sucks so much. If that was ok then mine has to be OK I assumed. 

The bolded part somewhat happened to me also but I refused to read the texts and sent this reply

You have been BLOCKED by this user until he goes home and watches Game of Thrones. That actually worked for me too!!!!

Ah. There's always something out there I miss, thought that was something new. 

Yeah, I tried ignoring, but it was impossible when my entire FB and twitter timelines were saturated. Even Instagram was full of spoily memes. I mean, I get it, live tweets/reactions are so much fun, but of all the series out there, GoT has the most clout in the unsaid rule of "keep yer mouth shut for a day or two". Which is interesting in its own right, especially since there's no books to read and "spoil" with anymore.. oh well. 

• 1 month later...

I've been thinking about the show a lot in the wake of Roy Dotrice's death. He played the wide-eyed pyromancer in season 2 who gives Tyrion the wildfire. Dotrice narrated the ASoIaF audio books and was originally offerred the role of Pycelle. He turned it down for health-related reasons, but man I would've loved that.

Anyways, I've been listening to the first book again and thinking a lot about how GoT as an adaption was doomed from the start. The showrunners were too close to GRRM and not nearly close enough to the story itself. GRRM probably told them that the 6th book would be out in short order and they went forward with more or less a 1:1 method of adaption.

Anybody familiar with the widening scope of these books would have taken a wildly different approach to GoT from seasons 2-on. GRRM needed to get some real artists to adapt this nearly unadaptable work. And he also probably needed to stay away so they could kill his darlings early on.

GRRM's current disinterest in GoT is pretty telling. He'd rather talk about the other TV shows set in Westeros that he's producing. Ah well. GoT ended up being an artistic failure that brought the books and GRRM into the limelight he deserved. In the end of the day, I chalk it up in the win column.

Also, there a part in Logan Lucky where a buncha prisoners stage a riot because they want the next ASoIaF book. When the warden says that the book isn't out yet and the tv show is where people are getting their information all the prisoners collectively groaned. That's when I knew I was in the right theater.

I wonder how many GoT actors are going to end up making a living in film. I feel like Kit Harrington and Richard Madden are going to end up being tv guys. I could see Kit H doing some comedic films because he is hilarous in 7 Days In Hell.

Sofie Turner is already in those x-men films, I definitely think we'll see a lot more of her on the big screen. Alfie Allen pops up in a few things, but it never really goes beyond being type cast as DB. I hope he can branch out.

Maise Williams is raking in that BBC money and might cross over to film when she gets older.

Carice Van Houten was in an awful exorcism movie with Aaron Eckhart recently. She deserves better than that and I hope we see her more.

I'd love to see Liam Cunningham get a leading role in a film. Just make a freakin' Davos movie. Why not?

I wonder if we'll ever see Jack Gleason again. Can you come back from being Geoff?

Iwan Rheon is in Marvel: Inhumans on ABC.  My wife was watching it and I happened to look up when he was on.  Didn't see much of it, but seemed like he was a power-hungry prick in that, too.

He is, but the show is so terrible... I watched the first episode and had no interest in seeing more.  Shame that his talent is being wasted, and hopefully it won't negatively impact him going forward, since Ramsey was such a great (in an awful sense) character.

He is, but the show is so terrible... I watched the first episode and had no interest in seeing more. Shame that his talent is being wasted, and hopefully it won't negatively impact him going forward, since Ramsey was such a great (in an awful sense) character.

I think Rheon needs to branch out and try to work some sorta Daniel Radcliffe-y role. I think he has the range for it, but the associations might be too strong.

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Haven't watched a single episode but was thinking about it.  I'm always late to the party.  Proud of myself for still not owning a pager and an 8 track player.

We picked it after season 5. Well worth it. Given that it is a TV show, I think it is amazing what they have done. 

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

We picked it after season 5. Well worth it. Given that it is a TV show, I think it is amazing what they have done. 

I started half way through the first season from a recommendation of my old boss not knowing anything and I was hooked. The only time it was difficult was when I was on deployment in the gulf  but the episode would get flown on a Monday or Wednesday so we could watch it then. 

We got our HBO turned on today through Amazon just for GoT

Episode 1 was a little off IMO but somewhat necessary to get everything lined up.

The dragon riding stuff was lame and totally out of keeping with the books.  Also thought Jon Snow learned of his correct lineage way too quickly and hurriedly.  That should have been more powerfully delivered/set up. 

I think Episode 2 will be better. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.