Sabres Change Times For December Games

PTS

How does moving game time from 7:30 to 5:00 allow people to get to both games? The Sabres game won't end until ~7:30 and the Bills game starts at 8:30. This is December we are talking about. It takes ~20 minutes to get from downtown to One Bills Drive in good weather. Assuming no traffic and good weather, people will have about 30 - 40 minutes to spare between games. It is technically doable, but it will be very tight.

If they moved the game to say 2:00, then people would have time to go to the Sabres, get to Ralph in time to tailgate and still see(?) the Denver game. Personally, I think the combination of having the 2nd chance to see Crosby and the chance to catch a two-fer would have made this a sell-out with an earlier start time.

Bummer, I was hoping to go to both games. I wonder if they'll show the Bills on the Jumbotron? (Maybe that was their plan. Have the Sabres end before the Bills game, but too late to get to OP or even home to watch on the tube, so people will stay and buy $5 beers.) (light bulb finally flashes on overhead) OK, so it's very unlikely they won't show the game on the Jumbotron.

It'll be interesting to see what the attendance is for the Sabres game and the beer sales. (Does a 1/2 filled rink selling beer to Pens fans (probably the best drinking fans (for quantity) in the league) for 2-1/2 hours and Bills fans for another 3, make more money than a sold out rink selling beer for 2-1/2 hours?)

Dave.

I think the reason why the time wasn't moved earlier is for travel reasons.

The Sabres and Penguins play at 7:00 the night before in Pittsburgh.

Considering the weather in December is, at best, unpredictable, the best they could probably do is a 5:00 start time. Orchard Park is probably out of the questions, but it would allow people to go to the bars on Chippewa, or other places downtown, to watch the game.

Mike

I think the reason why the time wasn't moved earlier is for travel reasons.

The Sabres and Penguins play at 7:00 the night before in Pittsburgh.

Yeah, that makes more sense than my conspiracy theory. I heard today that the game in Pittsburgh was moved up 30 minutes to give the players a little more time between the games.

Dave.

Archived