2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

Thank goodness you're here to try to stop everyone from having fun talking about hockey.

I'm not going to be the one ranting and raving about how all these supposed trades didn't happen and it's all Darcy's fault, blah...blah...blah. Wait for it, it's coming. Why not have fun talking about the guys we can draft, not the 400 were not going to draft.

In the trade for picks with Myers for Skinner and nr. 5, remember that Skinner is damaged goods. Too many concussions for his career to complete its natural course.

In every draft there are players who don't perform to their expectations and drop a tier or two, and those who perform above expectations and rise. In this draft I suspect that Domi is one of the former and Horvat is one of the latter. My attitude on Horvat has changed and I now consider him the equivalent of Monahan, Lindholm, etc. in promise. If so, the Sabres don't have to trade their 8th for the 5th because Horvat should be there.

I'm not going to be the one ranting and raving about how all these supposed trades didn't happen and it's all Darcy's fault, blah...blah...blah. Wait for it, it's coming. Why not have fun talking about the guys we can draft, not the 400 were not going to draft.

Why not let people have their fun where they can? It's not like the team gives us a lot to be excited about on the ice.

If you think all of this is stupid, go find something better to do with your time.

Darcy saying still alot of action on 16. So do you trade 16 to move into the 20's and maybe pick up another 2nd. What are your thoughts? To me I still would love to see both 2nds moved and 1 of next year's 2nds and acquire another 1st rounder. Plus I don't know how much value Miller has with all these goalie's out there right now but I would like to start training camp with him not here.

no but i'd give up 16 + 2nd round pick for 2 1st rounders calgary or columbus have in the 20's

How is everyone evaluating prospects? Are some of you watching junior hockey enough to form an opinion or going off of scouting reports???

Mostly scouting reports, but some of us saw these guys in the WJCs too. SF in NS pretty much watched the entire QMJHL season so he knows all about MacKinnon, Drouin, Fucale, etc.

I haven't been this disgusted since the Sabres took Kassian. Then I turned the TV off! Now they have Zadorov.

WE DON'T NEED DEFENSEMEN, WE NEED SCORERS!!!!

And yes, although it's the scouting department's judgment, it does not make Darcy look good at all IMO.

With no Miller, we'll need a better D force. Vanek should get us a few goal scorers.

I haven't been this disgusted since the Sabres took Kassian. Then I turned the TV off! Now they have Zadorov.

WE DON'T NEED DEFENSEMEN, WE NEED SCORERS!!!!

And yes, although it's the scouting department's judgment, it does not make Darcy look good at all IMO.

Didn't we give up more shots than any team in hockey this year. I am fairly confident in saying that our defense sucked massively.

Didn't we give up more shots than any team in hockey this year. I am fairly confident in saying that our defense sucked massively.

But our team can't score! Plus we already have a couple of very good Dmen in Rochester who are close to making the leap into the NHL.

I guess I'll be the first to say it. I don't mind this draft. Would I have liked an elite level forward? hell yes. But, you have to finish in the bottom 6 to get them, and we didn't. And that is a discussion for another thread.

I like what we've got for young guys on the blue line. If they all pan out, we'll have Weber, McNabb, MCCabe, Zad, and Risto for potentially a bunch of years. That is alot of guys with a good combo of skill and nasty. Starting to look a bit like Boston's D core. And if Myers' ever gets his ###### together......

I guess I'll be the first to say it. I don't mind this draft. Would I have liked an elite level forward? hell yes. But, you have to finish in the bottom 6 to get them, and we didn't. And that is a discussion for another thread.

I like what we've got for young guys on the blue line. If they all pan out, we'll have Weber, McNabb, MCCabe, Zad, and Risto for potentially a bunch of years. That is alot of guys with a good combo of skill and nasty. Starting to look a bit like Boston's D core. And if Myers' ever gets his ###### together......

Well said. One of the early forwards would have been ideal, but we're building a big, strong, mobile back end.

We picked two good players. The problem is that we didn't make any other trades (Vanek, Miller, etc.) to get this rebuild where it needs to be.

....and the Preds' forward corps :sick:

Archived