2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

Anyone proposing we trade Ehrhoff or Sekera needs to check themselves. Stop being stupid.

I agree. Sekera is so unappreciated on these boards.

I would be willing to take Fucale at 16 if somehow guys like Mantha and Hartman are already off the board. And if we acquire another first. But it's not my preferred pick.

Not saying I don't like the kid but if you look at organizational strengths this team doesn't have much in the pipeline on offense and defense. That's great lets draft another goalie when what this team is going to have to win games 1-0 or 2-1. Plus who really knows how good Fucale is when the team he was on was stacked.

Anyone proposing we trade Ehrhoff or Sekera needs to check themselves. Stop being stupid.

Well, if the goal is to try to land Connor McDavid, trading both is a good start. Unfortunately, even if the Sabres tank in '14-'15, they only end up w/ ~25% chance of landing him. So it just ain't worth it.

If the goal isn't McDavid, then absolutely.

Well, if the goal is to try to land Connor McDavid, trading both is a good start. Unfortunately, even if the Sabres tank in '14-'15, they only end up w/ ~25% chance of landing him. So it just ain't worth it.

If the goal isn't McDavid, then absolutely.

Under no circumstance should the goal be McDavid.

I can understand moving Ehrhoff based on our timeline for not sucking. Sekera, not so much. But really, losing either one of those two is going to result in a Sabre's defense being almost unwatchable (is that even a word?) this season.

If we move any one of those 3 PLUS the #8 I'll call it overpayment unless something else is coming back.

I can understand moving Ehrhoff based on our timeline for not sucking. Sekera, not so much. But really, losing either one of those two is going to result in a Sabre's defense being almost unwatchable (is that even a word?) this season.

If we move any one of those 3 PLUS the #8 I'll call it overpayment unless something else is coming back.

I couldn't agree more. To me it's overpayment. Plus I don't know if I take the Russian at 5. I'm not really sold on the kid. I really want Monahan or Lindholm at 8 and if both are gone than Nurse.

If we trade myers then we better be getting more than a 3 pick swap. If we get very little for him then I'll be extremely disappointed. His trade value is pretty low right now, but he still has a ton of potential to be a top 2 d-man. The potential value he has is more than a 3-pick swap right now. With that being said, if we get fair value for him I'll be happy. Fair value would be a swapping the 8 and 5 picks and us still getting something else of good value.

What indication has there ever been that Ehrhoff is a "teacher?" That idea about players gets thrown around a lot, not every player over 30 is a "teacher."

Sekera is a good defensman, he is also 3 years younger and a lot cheaper than Ehrhoff. I'd rather keep Sekera and dump that Ehrhoff contract.

Ehrhoff is cheap at 4 million. He's a great dman on a terrible team.

I couldn't agree more. To me it's overpayment. Plus I don't know if I take the Russian at 5. I'm not really sold on the kid. I really want Monahan or Lindholm at 8 and if both are gone than Nurse.

What you gain by moving up is control. You get to choose the guy you want instead of waiting around to see if someone else doesn't bag him. If the team has a player picked out that they fully believe is a rock solid, dead nuts, big time player then I am OK with moving up to ensure that they get him, even if he might be projected by draft pundits to go lower.

Lack of control over your prospects is why I cannot advocate trading down to get more picks.

Darcy saying still alot of action on 16. So do you trade 16 to move into the 20's and maybe pick up another 2nd. What are your thoughts? To me I still would love to see both 2nds moved and 1 of next year's 2nds and acquire another 1st rounder. Plus I don't know how much value Miller has with all these goalie's out there right now but I would like to start training camp with him not here.

Archived