2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

Buffalo Sabres Draft Picks Rounds 1-5

#8 - Rasmus Ristolainen RHD 6'3" 207lbs

#16 - Nikita Zadorov LHD 6'5" 229lbs

#35 - J.T. Compher C/LW 6' 184lbs

#38 - Connor Hurley C/LW 6'1" 181lbs

#52 - Justin Bailey RW 6'3" 195lbs

#69 - Nicholas Baptiste RW 6'1" 201lbs

#129 - Calvin Petersen G 6'1" 174lbs

#130 - Gustav Possler LW/RW 5'11" 181lbs

#143 - Anthony Florentino RHD 6'1" 209lbs

I was right! Our top draft pick is blue eyed and blond. This continues our trek to be an all Aryan team. Hallelujah!

Now that you mention it, the Nazi bad guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark does look a little bit like a certain NHL GM.........

raidersofthelostark.jpg

Guest Sloth

I'm glad Darcy and co' went w/ two defenseman in the first round. Buffalo needs improvement in almost all positions, but in my opinion they needed it in defense the most. Darcy's idea of having a short term rebuild or a long term long rebuild was not going to be given yesterday. Free agency, trades and what not are next. What happens w/ all of that will show what Darcy's plan is. I'm hoping he is very aggressive this summer. Who knows what will happen w/ Miller and Vanek? Darcy has more or less said almost anything can happen w/ those guys. The next x amount of weeks could be very exciting.

This is been quite enjoyable, however I believe this thread has run its course. From tanking to get MacKinnon, to dissecting possible picks at 8 and 16, we actually compiled a fairly useful and for the most part well thought out thread. Rasmus and Nikita add some grit and depth but it will be years before we see how they play out. Until then, we can do nothing but hope for the best. Next year it will not be as fun simply because we won't have as many amazing prospects to discuss. I would like to thank you all for participating whether directly or simply by reading. Hopefully it helped make the draft this year more intriguing for you all.

Sincerely,

- Liger

Archived