100% Speculation

Rayzor32

I have no way to substantiate this (although that may make me more credible than Eklund), but I did a bit of research, and our new friend Teppo (the long lost Finnish Marx Brother) goes waay back with Teemu Selanne -- they grew up playing together in Finland, in Winnipeg, on the Finnish national team...maybe I've been hanging with Randy Moss' crowd too much lately, but perhaps the Fins are looking to reunite one last time, before they retire back to Hensinki...

I know we need defense, and I know Selanne's best days are behind him, but if we can get him on the cheap, why not take a chance on a 1 or 2 year deal? We need some star power and experience...

To add some fuel to the fire....(Buffalo's sort of on the East coast)..

Selanne says a deal might happen soon. He and agent Don Baizley are going through a list of teams sorted by Teemu's interest in playing there. They're pacing themselves and only looking at one team at a time and not negotiating with several teams at once. While Selanne didn't name any of the teams on the list, he did say that Anaheim no longer was an option. He said a couple of deals have already fallen through due to cap problems and the fact that he doesn't want to play for "free". His wife Sirpa, however, gave an interesting comment/hint. She "wondered" if it was time to try the East coast for a change...

Guest Kristian

Selanne may be over the hill, but he's still more than fast enough to make a difference for any team, now that they took away the red line.

Archived