Beyond Blue and Gold: Sabres.com series

Two or less

"Don't wish for it, work for it" - Steve Ott

still loving this series

Me too. Obviously an episode recommended by the PR department...they know the team belongs to Ott and no one will complain (well, most people) about Weber's game right now. So, put the unofficial leaders of the team out there to cull as much goodwill as possible from fans while the organization tries to figure out how to fix things.

In a season of so many disappointing performances, Mike Weber has been an exception.

Don't recall much chatter on the board about it, but he is playing liking a legitimate top four this year and he and Ehrhoff look like a pretty good combo.

In a season of so many disappointing performances, Mike Weber has been an exception.

Don't recall much chatter on the board about it, but he is playing liking a legitimate top four this year and he and Ehrhoff look like a pretty good combo.

Yes he has played really well. I'm hoping he signs a 3/4 year extension at this point, and that means Ott signs a 2/3 year extension next year. These guys are good ones to have on your team. I'm intrigued what has made him play so well this year, i hope it is more than just a contract

Yes he has played really well. I'm hoping he signs a 3/4 year extension at this point, and that means Ott signs a 2/3 year extension next year. These guys are good ones to have on your team. I'm intrigued what has made him play so well this year, i hope it is more than just a contract

Mike Weber is getting regular minutes. Last year he kept getting bounced in and out of lineup and I don't think that works for him. It throws off his comfort and game sense. Also I think Ott being here has helped to mature him more as well. Mike is a hard worker and we need more hard workers on this team.

It's obvious that Steve lives in the Avant on Huron at Delaware. At about the :25 sec mark that view is the same as mine when I stayed a the Embassy Suites last. Several Bills players live there too.

PTR

Definitely the Avant. McGee is the only Bills player that I know of living in the building, and I guess he's a former Bills player now.

Edited by Eleven

HHHHHHMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Well, I want to like the head coach. And there's nothing offensive about the guy at all. But, if this was intended to make me smitten with him, it didn't work. He's definitely a mono-dimensional kind of guy. If I'm comparing, and I am, Lindy has far more character than Ron and is far more like-able.

I guess the from Nolan through the few seasons after the lock-out with Lindy I have become spoiled by coaches that were somewhat larger-than-life to go along with teams that had character. Just another feather in the cap of disappointment overall with this team.

This episode really doesn't help me make up my mind on whether I want Rolston coaching the Sabres next year.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That was the best beyond blue and gold so far. Highly insightful and extremely interesting... to go from 20 to 16 the Sabres wanted 20 +49 + something else... very interesting. Also they zeroed in on Ristolainen very early and went there to draft him. Fascinating... I may need to watch it several more times.

That was the best beyond blue and gold so far. Highly insightful and extremely interesting... to go from 20 to 16 the Sabres wanted 20 +49 + something else... very interesting. Also they zeroed in on Ristolainen very early and went there to draft him. Fascinating... I may need to watch it several more times.

I really like Kevin Devine.

The Beyond Blue and Gold from the draft is good stuff. It also puts an end to any doubt that Pegula is directly involved in the decision making process when it comes to the franchise's player personnel.

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=0&id=263379&cmpid=embed-share-video

Check 1:36 and 4:10 specifically.

I do want to know: From what can be observed at the draft, were there other NHL owners who were similarly engaged/involved in the process of selecting players, making deals?

The Beyond Blue and Gold from the draft is good stuff. It also puts an end to any doubt that Pegula is directly involved in the decision making process when it comes to the franchise's player personnel.

http://video.sabres....bed-share-video

Check 1:36 and 4:10 specifically.

I do want to know: From what can be observed at the draft, were there other NHL owners who were similarly engaged/involved in the process of selecting players, making deals?

Show me where in that Video Terry says we are drafting X. In the first 1:36 mark we see Terry standing in a room watching highlights with the scouting department while they not him but they discuss players. In the second we hear Devine ask if they want to get tougher to play against in direct reference to Zadorov and Terry say I do. The interesting part is actually at the 2min mark where Devine and Regier talk about taking Risto and Pegula who is sitting next to them says nothing and is talking to someone else.

There is no evidence Terry directly is involved other than as an owner being interested in his team. If he was like, we should, or we can, or he would, or actually gave his opinion on a player, than I would agree but in this all he does is watch and answer a question. If I was owner I would go to every draft and want to be see how it all came together too but that does not mean that Pegula is saying we should get this or that. Other than answering "do you want to get tougher to play against" he doesn't speak.

Your conclusion is conjecture and circumstantial.

Edited by LGR4GM

Show me where in that Video Terry says we are drafting X. In the first 1:36 mark we see Terry standing in a room watching highlights with the scouting department while they not him but they discuss players. In the second we hear Devine ask if they want to get tougher to play against in direct reference to Zadorov and Terry say I do. The interesting part is actually at the 2min mark where Devine and Regier talk about taking Risto and Pegula who is sitting next to them says nothing and is talking to someone else.

There is no evidence Terry directly is involved other than as an owner being interested in his team. If he was like, we should, or we can, or he would, or actually gave his opinion on a player, than I would agree but in this all he does is watch and answer a question. If I was owner I would go to every draft and want to be see how it all came together too but that does not mean that Pegula is saying we should get this or that. Other than answering "do you want to get tougher to play against" he doesn't speak.

Your conclusion is conjecture and circumstantial.

Not to mention, as he is footing the bill, i have no problems with him have an input in vague ideas such as "harder to play against"

Prior to the Zadorov pick:

Devine: You wanna get tougher to play against

Darcy: Yeah I do want to, I do want to

Pegula: Yeah I think so

Darcy: I want to get tougher to play against

Pegula: That's the route.

The information I'd like to know is does he ever disagree, and if so does Darcy and Kevin have to do whatever he says. He had a voice with regards to that pick.

Edited by Lanny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.