The other sports thread

Eleven

That was an entertaining SEC title game, although Georgia woulda Prolly won if they had any clock management skills at the end of the game. Bama ND it is, can't wait til jan 7th

Both teams did a horrible job with clock management. Alabama settle for a field go at the end of the half sitting on two timeouts. They could have/should have ran a couple of more plays.

Kind of surprised there's no mention of the K.C. situation this weekend with the murder suicide. I thought it was very strange the way they made the game sort of into a memorial for the killer. This guy murdered the mother of his child by filling her full of bullets then orphaned said child. LOSER. That game shouldn't have been played out of respect to the victim of this crime. Its hard to feel sorry for him.

Edited by bunomatic

Kind of surprised there's no mention of the K.C. situation this weekend with the murder suicide. I thought it was very strange the way they made the game sort of into a memorial for the killer. This guy murdered the mother of his child by filling her full of bullets then orphaned said child. LOSER. That game shouldn't have been played out of respect to the victim of this crime. Its hard to feel sorry for him.

I think the moment of silence before the game was for victims of domestic violence and not for murderous/suicidal football players. I may be wrong, but I don't think I am.

They played the game, and they were smart to do so. They didn't glorify or excuse or exonerate or, actually, even acknowledge, Belcher's actions, other than the moment of silence.

What better way to fade into ignominy?

If they hadn't played the game, it would have been, in some way, acknowledging their former teammate. I'm glad they played.

I think the moment of silence before the game was for victims of domestic violence and not for murderous/suicidal football players. I may be wrong, but I don't think I am.

They played the game, and they were smart to do so. They didn't glorify or excuse or exonerate or, actually, even acknowledge, Belcher's actions, other than the moment of silence.

What better way to fade into ignominy?

If they hadn't played the game, it would have been, in some way, acknowledging their former teammate. I'm glad they played.

I see your point. Really when you look at it they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. It just pisses me off I guess. Senseless.

This is long overdue recognition of one of the best.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/mlb/story/2012/12/05/sp-mlb-tom-cheek-ford-frick-award-toronto-blue-jays-joe-carter-cooperstown-dave-van-horne.html

I will never forget his call of Joe Carter's home run to win the 1993 World Series ...

... "touch 'em all Joe!" ...

I know less than nothing about the Korean pitcher, but that Greinke contract is patently absurd.

Dodgers sign who and who for how much ? Meanwhile over on the other thread people complain how much hockey players make relative to their skill set and ask what makes them so special. I've never heard of either of these guys but I'll admit I don't watch much ball.I also realize you can't compare pro hockey to the other big 3 but Jesus that kind of money is insane.

Dodgers sign who and who for how much ? Meanwhile over on the other thread people complain how much hockey players make relative to their skill set and ask what makes them so special. I've never heard of either of these guys but I'll admit I don't watch much ball.I also realize you can't compare pro hockey to the other big 3 but Jesus that kind of money is insane.

You can be the best mime in the world. A better mime than Brad Pitt is an actor. And guess what? He'll make more. His medium is more popular. This instant that hockey players realize that their market is 7 Canadian cities (4 of which actually matter on the global scale, and one of those, only because it's the nominal capital of the country) and 4 American cities (two of which matter--NYC and Filly--and two of which don't--Buffalo and Detroit), this gets done.

Because Chicago, Boston, Washington, LA, name your densely-populated US city here, they really don't care at all, when it comes down to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump ...

The Blue Jays are going all-in in their efforts to *buy* a championship, or at least to complete with the Yanks and Sox.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/mlb/story/2012/12/17/sp-mlb-ra-dickey-toronto-blue-jays-new-york-mets-josh-thole-travis-darnaud.html

Wow, just wow.

This after the huge trade with the Marlins and some FA signings too.

Where are my BJs?

Bump ...

The Blue Jays are going all-in in their efforts to *buy* a championship, or at least to complete with the Yanks and Sox.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...is-darnaud.html

Wow, just wow.

This after the huge trade with the Marlins and some FA signings too.

Where are my BJs?

You have to ask nicely and bring flowers. Maybe buy dinner first.

You have to ask nicely and bring flowers. Maybe buy dinner first.

Oh, pretty please with sugar on top and I have flowers in my pocket and a coupon for Wendys in the other.

You pounced on that dangily dangle pretty quickly.

Glad to see you're really on the job today.

EDIT:

By the way ...

I meant my loser baseball club that hasn't done a damn thing since 1993 ... :angel: ... ;) .

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

• 3 weeks later...

Getting hot dog buns and chips before heading to a friends where about 7-8ppl will be watching the title game. Gotta pull for Bama, sorry I am an SEC person. Either way I expect a good game.

What channel is it on? I might actually watch if it's over the air (and not on ABC, I don't pick that one up for some reason).