The other sports thread

Eleven

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

@Eleven should be happy. In the newly announced restructuring of the Minor League Baseball system, the Nats AAA team will be the Ra-cha-cha Red Wings.

Bisons to stay w/ TO for the next 10 years as their AAA affiliate.

Minor league baseball dropping from 160 affiliated teams down to 120.

Minor League Baseball Restructuring

Maybe it's Wuhan apathy, but meh.  Where are the Blue Jays playing this season?

Just now, Eleven said:

Maybe it's Wuhan apathy, but meh.  Where are the Blue Jays playing this season?

Haven't heard.  Kind of makes sense for them to start in Buffalo until Canada relaxes border restrictions.  That's the hope.  And heck, yes, would absolutely go to a Major League game held in Buffalo.

On 2/12/2021 at 6:44 PM, Taro T said:

@Eleven should be happy. In the newly announced restructuring of the Minor League Baseball system, the Nats AAA team will be the Ra-cha-cha Red Wings.

Bisons to stay w/ TO for the next 10 years as their AAA affiliate.

Minor league baseball dropping from 160 affiliated teams down to 120.

Minor League Baseball Restructuring

By the time Washington had a farm system they’ll have moved back to Syracuse...thankfully we have one of the best GMs in baseball so we’ll be fine. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2021 at 11:40 AM, Kruppstahl said:

We're a few weeks away from the start of the new F1 season, thank God.

I'm expecting another Mercedes cake walk, but it's still good to have F1 back again.  At least almost.

Lewis Hamilton leads into the first turn...race over!

I love it when Lewis is actually somewhere around 12th. Watching him pass 11 guys is like watching a movie. 

The second best fighter on the planet goes tonight. Can Izzy Adesanya move up in weight and still dominate? Great UFC card tonight. It's even better if the sabres are your favorite hockey team. You know, because they suck so much.

• 1 month later...

Imola race was incredible, with Verstappen pulling out ahead on the start and taking his first podium in Italy; there's now an actual race for the Driver's Cup with Hamilton and Verstappen. Hamilton got incredibly lucky as he always does, and Botta and Russel slamming into each other at 190mph was insane. There's a ton more story lines - F1 is awesome.

Also RIP Soccer Super League. Man City and Chelsea just withdrew after massive backlash

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Imola race was incredible, with Verstappen pulling out ahead on the start and taking his first podium in Italy; there's now an actual race for the Driver's Cup with Hamilton and Verstappen. Hamilton got incredibly lucky as he always does, and Botta and Russel slamming into each other at 190mph was insane. There's a ton more story lines - F1 is awesome.

Also RIP Soccer Super League. Man City and Chelsea just withdrew after massive backlash

Craig Rivet cannot shut up about how great the Netflix (Hulu?) series formula one is. Said he hated racing before and it made him a huge fan.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Craig Rivet cannot shut up about how great the Netflix (Hulu?) series formula one is. Said he hated racing before and it made him a huge fan.

Did the trick for me too. I've learned since that there's a lot of manufactured drama in the latest season but it's a great show to get you hooked into the sport. Now I'm up at 6am watching races on Sundays in Bahrain.

Edited by WildCard

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

If you're liking F1, you should also check out MotoGP. Lead changes like crazy and it's a quick watch. Seeing a guy dump a bike at 180 mph and ride again the next week is freaking insane.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I heard that show was great.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Weave said:

Ugh.  We just can’t have nice things.

The fate of almost all fans of teams in minor conferences.  This one isn't a "because Buffalo."  Unless we want to take it to the level of 'once again, Buffalo had short sighted leaders which punted most Div 1 sports back ~50 years ago dooming UB to only have minor conferences willing to take them.  Whereas, had they been legit Div 1 when the Big East formed a football conference they could be in a legit conference now.'

I'm watching the Canelo vs Saunders fight. These 2 ***** just had 20 minutes worth of ring walks.

I don't like Canelo at all, but I do want him to KO Saunders. That guy talks too much ***** for someone that has no pop.