The other sports thread

Eleven

9 hours ago, Thwomp! said:

That was great. The Nuggets crushed them. I love it when the underdog wins game 7.

Lol, Paul George is so bad! "Playoff P" my ass. I made $20 bucks off my buddy at work. The Nugs were an easy pick. Way less talent and way more heart. Plus they were on fire. It's a shame the Lakers are going to blow them out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Looks like Kawhi needed the Raptors, too. Cheers. 

Yup.  He wanted to *go home*.  He would have been paid either way.  I think the Raptors could have actually given him a bigger max deal.

Anyway, ***** him.  He could have very likely had another championship with the Raptors, but no.  Enjoy you $ Kawhi.

That said, thanks for all you did last season.  We will never forget it.

15 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Yup.  He wanted to *go home*.  He would have been paid either way.  I think the Raptors could have actually given him a bigger max deal.

Anyway, ***** him.  He could have very likely had another championship with the Raptors, but no.  Enjoy you $ Kawhi.

Blame Drake, not Kawhi. 😛

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't really blame Kawhi, even if I would have personally made a different decision. To each their own. 

To me though, I think it's clear the pairing was something special. Probably talking repeat. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

CB Buckner is the worst umpire I've ever seen.

Also, I hate Gary Sanchez 

Gary Sanchez can't catch up to heat. It's super horrible! He has to be on the bench forever.

And CB Bucknor is in the inaugural class of The ***** Bag Umpire Hall of Fame with Angel Hernandez, Joe West and Laz Diaz.

13 hours ago, ubkev said:

Gary Sanchez can't catch up to heat. It's super horrible! He has to be on the bench forever.

And CB Bucknor is in the inaugural class of The ***** Bag Umpire Hall of Fame with Angel Hernandez, Joe West and Laz Diaz.

Found this gem

https://mobile.twitter.com/Starting9/status/1313873131724038150

Edited by WildCard

10 hours ago, WildCard said:

9 hours ago, ubkev said:

Lol! I love that it was against the Braves. The same Braves who won it all in 95 with Joe Brinkman calling strikes 9 inches off the plate for Glavine.

If you want a more modern version of one against the Braves, check this out.  The batter, the manager, and the ump all screwed this up today, so there was a fly out with a 4-2 count.  Yes, you read correctly:

https://streamable.com/gyuiol

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I've got to say, there have been more interesting World Series matchups in my lifetime.  

It's actually a really good matchup, but without the fans and the weird season, it's just not as hyped up.

I hate the Dodgers but I'm pulling for them in this one. At least they have fans that come to the games, and there's some guys on LA that deserve a ring.