Eleven

The other sports thread

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

Are you talking about "Top" Rank Boxing on ESPN last night?  Because that was a joke.

DAZN, not Top Rank. Different promoters. And I didn't actually get to see any of the fights, as I was at work, because they wouldn't start the Kovalev/Canelo fight until the UFC event had ended.

5 hours ago, ubkev said:

DAZN, not Top Rank. Different promoters. And I didn't actually get to see any of the fights, as I was at work, because they wouldn't start the Kovalev/Canelo fight until the UFC event had ended.

Gotcha.  The two Top Rank fights on Saturday might have combined for 3 rounds.  The first one was over in 1:05, and the second one did not last three full rounds.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Gotcha.  The two Top Rank fights on Saturday might have combined for 3 rounds.  The first one was over in 1:05, and the second one did not last three full rounds.

Was the first one the fight that Evander Holyfield's kid destroyed some poor kid as soon as the bell rang?

3 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Was the first one the fight that Evander Holyfield's kid destroyed some poor kid as soon as the bell rang?

Not unless his son has a different surname.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Not unless his son has a different surname.

Nope, Evan Holyfield. Pro debut, won in 16 seconds lol.

Each time I see a nets highlight I feel like I’m watching a hazy black and white screen. 

Not that they have a chance in hell anyways, but why is the Virginia - Syracuse college basketball opener starting at 9:00?!?! 

Also weird that the ACC has apparently decided to have everyone's (besides Puke) opener be a conference game.

Anyone else watching the Orange opener as they try to knock off the defending national champion?

The ACC has gone from a 16-game conference schedule to an 18-game conference schedule this year.  You gotta put those extra 2 games somewhere and there's basically no room for them after New Years.  Might as well do it sooner than later.

Probably not a coincidence, but the ACC Network just launched a few weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 1

Ugly game. Orange scored 34 points. Gonna be a very long season.

13 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

The ACC has gone from a 16-game conference schedule to an 18-game conference schedule this year.  You gotta put those extra 2 games somewhere and there's basically no room for them after New Years.  Might as well do it sooner than later.

Probably not a coincidence, but the ACC Network just launched a few weeks ago.

Yikes UB up 27-6 with 8 minutes to go vs Kent State and somehow went on to lose on a last second field goal.