The other sports thread

Eleven

1 hour ago, jsb said:

Oh BOO hoo hoo to the Tampa Bay fans, then BOO HOO hoo to the ny yankee fans and now BOO HOO HOO to the Nats fans. Take that Oh oh oh oh oh oh and baby shark clap and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. GO ASTROS....... WooooooooHoooooooo.

Whoa! Hold on a god damned minute here! 

There are no Tampa Bay fans. Seriously...none!

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:34 PM, Eleven said:

OU, ND, and the Nats.  All in the same day.   And I go to Mass daily.  Kids, next time you see a wide receiver try to credit God with a touchdown, please remember that it’s BS.  God does not micromanage touchdowns.

He also doesn't manage volcanoes, mudslides, earthquakes, child soldiers, hurricanes, wildfires, floods, war, disease, famine, drought, or holy men who diddle little kids with the protection of a multi-billion dollar crime syndicate helping them get away with it for centuries.

I guess he's too busy doing the other important stuff, like making sure the right people win Oscars, Emmys, and Grammies.

2 hours ago, jsb said:

Aggregate score of 19-3 in DC. I'd call that an Astro-nomical butt whooping. 4-1, 8-1, 7-1, I called it in 6, I may be right for a change.

They've come quite a long way from those early '90's teams that had a theme song of "Let's Raise the Roof" though "Let's Raze the Roof" seemed more appropriate.

Let's raze the roof.  Let's tear the 'Dome down.  The Lastros really s###; we'll run them out of town! ?

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Pretty bad?  It was one of the worst screw ups ever.

Not quite as bad as the 2012 infield fly call (see the first page of this thread, I believe).  But bad, yeah.  It won't be remembered because it didn't harm the Nats.

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

First time in World Series history that the visiting team has won 6 times. Kind of neat.

I suppose I need to watch game 7 now even though I don't really care about either team.

Don't screw up the pattern.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/28/2019 at 1:00 PM, jsb said:

Aggregate score of 19-3 in DC. I'd call that an Astro-nomical butt whooping. 4-1, 8-1, 7-1, I called it in 6, I may be right for a change.

Anthony Rendon says hi

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Man that was an atrocious strike 2 call. The umpiring has been embarrassing for the MLB this series. That's probably under selling it 

Horrible strike.  Buck was right, the plate was four feet wide.

I don't mind last night's mistake as much as I mind the Game 4 (I think it was four) ump who admitted that he called a ball because the catcher, who knew it was a strike, upstaged the ump by starting for the dugout.  Baseball has a real problem with umpire egos.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1