The other sports thread

Eleven

2 hours ago, JujuFish said:

OK, you're either trolling or you literally cannot read.

This is becoming a known thing.

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Fine take out the Instagram thing if you want, idc. She still ruined that girls spot in the sun 

Did you watch the trophy ceremony?  She did everything she could not to mess up Ms. Osaka's moment, which Osaka deserved.  Again, the ref was an ass, but Osaka had Williams the whole way.  

Edited by Eleven

16 hours ago, Hoss said:

Nope. The fans made a choice to be giant shitheads. She handled it with grace once it came to the end of the game.

I think she would have been best to drop it after that though.  Maybe there's something to the sexist claims, but just once I'd love to see someone step up, admit they screwed up, and take their lumps.  Pointing fingers after the fact is always going to get mixed responses from the audience.  I think far more would wind up on her side if she simply said "hey, I screwed up".  That's the kind of grace I want to see in these cases where both people are wrong (you know, just like pretty much every other situation we ever see).

Maybe she did in fact say that at some point, but that's not what gets the coverage.  So if she did, I'll give her a thumbs up for that.

Anybody trying to formulate an opinion on the whole Serena thing would do well to check out the match on YouTube. Media outlets were very misleading I thought. Really don't want to even talk about it haha. 

Came here to as if anyone follows lacrosse at all? And/or more specifically the Rochester knighthawks?

5 hours ago, LikeEich said:

Anybody trying to formulate an opinion on the whole Serena thing would do well to check out the match on YouTube. Media outlets were very misleading I thought. Really don't want to even talk about it haha. 

Came here to as if anyone follows lacrosse at all? And/or more specifically the Rochester knighthawks?

Really surprised that the Pegulas getting the expansion Kin-ig-hit Hawks was just announced this week.  Had heard that was happening around the time Styres announced the team was moving.  Guess it was just educated speculation back then?

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

Isn't there something where the players aren't actually under contract with the teams, but with the league itself?  Or was that from the old league as well?

That would've been in the MILL.  The NLL is organized more like a normal competitive sports league.

On 9/11/2018 at 7:01 PM, Eleven said:

This is becoming a known thing.

No, I was not trolling. My posts regarding Ramos and the match we're reasoned and factual. I'm not the only one who thought your opinion regarding Serena's actions during and post match were off base. Wildcard, for instance, saw it the same exact way I did. 

I have a daughter!I HAVE A DAUGHTER!!????

thank God the umpire and opponent weren't white or we'd be hearing for weeks about how everyone involved is racist!!

^^^^^this is an example of what I would do if I was trolling. I'm not above trolling, but I wasn't regarding this match.