The other sports thread

Eleven

We are halfway to an epic national championship game.

I'll be pulling for the Irish. When I was a kid, it was a lot of fun to watch the "Rocket." I'm a huge Mississippi State fan and I really dislike most SEC teams, so I hope Notre Dame spanks Alabama or Georgia. I'd prefer it be Alabama.

I'll be pulling for the Irish. When I was a kid, it was a lot of fun to watch the "Rocket." I'm a huge Mississippi State fan and I really dislike most SEC teams, so I hope Notre Dame spanks Alabama or Georgia. I'd prefer it be Alabama.

I have the feeling that Georgia could be very dangerous for ND, and that a Georgia-ND game might be more entertaining than Alabama-ND. But that said, I really want it to come down to the only two eligible teams with unblemished records (and I think both Alabama and ND are better than Ohio State, anyway), so I'm pulling for the Tide in the SEC championship game.

Good ole ND gets to rest up while other teams have to play pivotal championship games, I hate ND with a passion and I used to live in south bend. I hope the tide win and spank ND but as long as the irish lose, im fine with any team beating them really

Just like 'bama had to play in that pivotal championship game last year?

Good ole ND gets to rest up while other teams have to play pivotal championship games, I hate ND with a passion and I used to live in south bend. I hope the tide win and spank ND but as long as the irish lose, im fine with any team beating them really

1. If I had to live in South Bend, I'd hate ND as much as you. I don't doubt it for a second.

2. ND has had a tougher sked than anyone, and that includes so-called championship games, with the possible exception of the SEC Ala-Ga game. (Seriously. Look at their schedules. Western Kentucky? UB?!) The SEC chose its format for money, and it can live or die by it. So far, it's lived, and lived well.

Edited by Eleven

Notre Dame finishes the regular season with as many wins over bowl eligible opponents as Georgia and Alabama.... combined.

Exactly. I'm not a fan of any team in the mix, but for anyone to suggest that ND has a cake schedule, well, they need to look at Georgia's sked, Alabama's sked, Oregon's sked, etc. and then get back to me. And I don't want to hear just about ranked opponents, either; look at the whole thing. Alabama's schedule was almost criminal. Reminded me of Nebraska in the 90s.

Edited by Eleven

Ill credit ND with good wins over Stanford and Oklahoma, other than that, the quality was not too amazing. And they nearly lost several games to unranked teams.

Granted the Tide didn't have too hard of a schedule this year, I highly doubt ND would have been able to take on south Carolina or LSU.

Either way the Sec title game should be a good one, and I really just want bragging rights with a ND loss to my old pals in south bend

Congrats Argos.

It was a rather one sided affair.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/story/2012/11/25/sp-cfl-grey-cup-recap-argos-stampeders.html

A good game all round for the 'home' team.

I don't follow the CFL much anymore, but Toronto is my home town. Glad they won.

I hate everything about Calgary, except for the fact that my one non-whack-job family member (cousin) and his non-whack-job family live there.

Ill credit ND with good wins over Stanford and Oklahoma, other than that, the quality was not too amazing. And they nearly lost several games to unranked teams.

Granted the Tide didn't have too hard of a schedule this year, I highly doubt ND would have been able to take on south Carolina or LSU.

Either way the Sec title game should be a good one, and I really just want bragging rights with a ND loss to my old pals in south bend

Just gonna leave this here: http://sports.yahoo....Y3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

This argument is not based in reality. They played zero FCS teams . They beat nine bowl eligible teams. They beat two BCS teams, both of whom are still alive to be conference champions.

Based on what evidence do you "highly doubt" that? LSU is ranked #7 which is one rank higher than Stanford's #8. S. Carolina is ranked #10 which is one rank higher than Oklahoma's #11. You mean to tell me ND could beat #8 and #11 but couldn't beat #7 and #10?

FC Buffalo is a fourth-tier team, but this is pretty cool: http://www.fcbuffalo...scarf-released/ Basically, you buy the team scarf for $40, and the scarf acts as your ticket in to all home games. And it's a good-looking blue and gold scarf that could do double duty at Sabres games.

I'm considering buying one.

Edited by Eleven

FC Buffalo is a fourth-tier team, but this is pretty cool: http://www.fcbuffalo...scarf-released/ Basically, you buy the team scarf for $40, and the scarf acts as your ticket in to all home games. And it's a good-looking blue and gold scarf that could do double duty at Sabres games.

what are those? ;)

That's a great program. Good for them