The other sports thread

Eleven

That game in Cali in 4 weeks may determine whether they play for the big prize or not.

If ND finishes this season undefeated and does not get to play in the BCS title game, it will be unjust. ND should be ranked No. 2 right now, not Kansas State or Oregon. Now that ND beat Oklahoma (I was rooting for OU) last night, I really, really want to see an Alabama-ND matchup in January.

A great job by the San Francisco Giants, one game away from a World Series Championship. They are doing it without their #1 closer Brian Wilson and their best hitter Melky Cabrera.

Making the Tigers look silly. Can't get a run to save their lives. Giants pitching is just killer.

Making the Tigers look silly. Can't get a run to save their lives. Giants pitching is just killer.

It's obvious to me the Yankees did make the World Series...they're just wearing Detroit's uniforms.

If ND finishes this season undefeated and does not get to play in the BCS title game, it will be unjust. ND should be ranked No. 2 right now, not Kansas State or Oregon. Now that ND beat Oklahoma (I was rooting for OU) last night, I really, really want to see an Alabama-ND matchup in January.

As a ND fan, I hope for divine intervention and Alabama losing before then. That team, particularly the defense, terrifies me.

See, I really, really want Bama and the Ducks to lose. I'd LOVE to play the wildcats for the crystal football.

That said, the last 2 times Notre Dame was 8-0, they lost to Boston College. Still lots of work to do.

See, I really, really want Bama and the Ducks to lose. I'd LOVE to play the wildcats for the crystal football.

That said, the last 2 times Notre Dame was 8-0, they lost to Boston College. Still lots of work to do.

As an ND fan, I'd pick K-State as a NC opponent because they are the weakest of the four in contention. As a college football fan, I want ND to play Alabama in the NC. Last time that happened,

Also if Brian Kelly knew we were talking like this he'd make us run laps.

The NBA season starts tonight so I thought I would make some predictions and would love to hear your guys' thoughts.

First Round:

1 Miami over 8 Chicago

2 Boston over 7 Toronto

6 New York over 3 Indiana

4 Atlanta over 5 Brooklyn

1 Lakers over 8 Minnesota

2 Spurs over 7 Jazz

3 OKC over 6 Portland

4 Memphis over 5 Clippers

Second Round

1 Miami over 4 Atlanta

2 Boston over 6 New York

1 Lakers over 4 Memphis

3 OKC over 2 Spurs

Third Round

1 Miami over 2 Boston

1 Lakers over 3 OKC

Finals

1 Miami over 1 Lakers

Regular Season MVP: Kevin Durant (robbing Lebron who deserves it)

Finals MVP: Lebron James

The NBA season starts tonight so I thought I would make some predictions and would love to hear your guys' thoughts.

First Round:

1 Miami over 8 Chicago

2 Boston over 7 Toronto

6 New York over 3 Indiana

4 Atlanta over 5 Brooklyn

1 Lakers over 8 Minnesota

2 Spurs over 7 Jazz

3 OKC over 6 Portland

4 Memphis over 5 Clippers

Good predictions overall, and largely mirrors my own minus a seeding change here or there...with one exception: how do you not have the Nuggets in the playoffs at all? To me they're head and shoulders better than the Jazz. I also don't know if Minnesota can make it given the injuries to Rubio and Love. I like Golden State or Houston to surprise and grab the 8 seed.

Good predictions overall, and largely mirrors my own minus a seeding change here or there...with one exception: how do you not have the Nuggets in the playoffs at all? To me they're head and shoulders better than the Jazz. I also don't know if Minnesota can make it given the injuries to Rubio and Love. I like Golden State or Houston to surprise and grab the 8 seed.

Because I totally forgot about them. That's awful on my part. Just plain awful I like that team too and think they will be very exciting. Very embarrased. I'd actually put them at 4 and bump everyone else down (so Minnesota no longer makes it). I can't believe I forgot them.

(By the way, a Memphis/Nuggets playoff series would be unbelievable)

No real interest in the NBA, but ...

... Toronto as 7th seed in the East ... :w00t: .

I think they can make the playoffs. And I have this amazingly dramatic situation where Derrick Rose comes back to a 11-30 Bulls team and leads them on a Sabres in 2011 tear that puts them in the eighth spot.

So to do that Toronto needed to be seventh.

Because I totally forgot about them. That's awful on my part. Just plain awful I like that team too and think they will be very exciting. Very embarrased. I'd actually put them at 4 and bump everyone else down (so Minnesota no longer makes it). I can't believe I forgot them.

(By the way, a Memphis/Nuggets playoff series would be unbelievable)

Well that explains it. I agree, a Grizz/Nuggets series would be *Charles Barkley voice* fantastic.

No real interest in the NBA, but ...

... Toronto as 7th seed in the East ... :w00t: .

The East stinks. My first thought was "no way"....but then I looked at the conference. It's very possible.

Canada edged the USA in the "Ryder Cup of Squash," 43.5 - 40.5. This is more interesting if you know that the tournament was held in Buffalo. I went to a couple of matches; it was pretty cool. Basically, I want to see as many obscure live sports events as I can.

http://www.canamsquash.com/?p=69

What?

No one cares about Lance Armstong and his fall from grace?

Cue the chirping crickets ...

I have highlight replays of all of his Tours. I keep re-watching the videos, and he keeps winning. I don't see anything that's changed.

Actually, I'm a huge cycling fan. I introduced my son to the Tour in 2010, and on the very first day he fell in love with Cadel Evans, even while I was rooting for Lance and Radioshack. Cadel was probably the first clean rider to win the Tour in decades. I'd like to see all endurance sports go to Biometric Baseline testing like swimming has. It's the only way to beat the cheaters. Don't look for the dope, just make sure their system is running in the normal range.

I have highlight replays of all of his Tours. I keep re-watching the videos, and he keeps winning. I don't see anything that's changed.

Actually, I'm a huge cycling fan. I introduced my son to the Tour in 2010, and on the very first day he fell in love with Cadel Evans, even while I was rooting for Lance and Radioshack. Cadel was probably the first clean rider to win the Tour in decades. I'd like to see all endurance sports go to Biometric Baseline testing like swimming has. It's the only way to beat the cheaters. Don't look for the dope, just make sure their system is running in the normal range.

I'm actually happy about the whole Lance Armstrong thing. Now that they removed all the dopers from the results those years, it turns out that I actually won the Tour.