The other sports thread

Eleven

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No. Those schools are in Ohio.  ***** 'em.

I just want to be able to circular logic our way to crowning a one win team as #1.  That would be fun.  On a college hockey board I used to be a part of, they'd do something called the title belt.  This guy with a lot of free time tracked it over the full season.  So you start with with the pre-season #1 and then they lose the belt whenever they lose a game.  Thanks to conference tournaments and the frozen four, the overall champ usually wound up with the belt, but every now and then a fluky finish would leave the belt in the hands of some team who didn't qualify for their conference tourney.

• 4 weeks later...

I have no specific affinity for UB. I thought going division one was a mistake but they seem to have come around.  However, it would seem to me they would want to try to get it into a conference with better competition. 

27 minutes ago, SDS said:

I have no specific affinity for UB. I thought going division one was a mistake but they seem to have come around.  However, it would seem to me they would want to try to get it into a conference with better competition. 

Their success in the MAC is only a recent thing. They wouldn’t drown in a bigger conference for a while most likely. That and having football makes it nearly impossible for them to find a better conference fit.

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

Their success in the MAC is only a recent thing. They wouldn’t drown in a bigger conference for a while most likely. That and having football makes it nearly impossible for them to find a better conference fit.

If they were smart, they'd get rid of football.  

13 hours ago, Hoss said:

Oats will be gone soon if he’s smart. This UB team is incredibly entertaining.

Bonnies one win from the dance, as well. An unbelievable coaching job by Mark Schmidt this season.

Why? Do you expect he can't sustain the winning here and so you think his star will fade rapidly? 

20 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Why? Do you expect he can't sustain the winning here and so you think his star will fade rapidly? 

$$$$$$$$

I also think the drop off to next year will be massive. Take the top job when you can get it.

• 4 weeks later...

So my Football team  (soccer), Greenock Morton, is performing a remarkable sabres-like impression and could be relegated out the 2nd tier here in Scotland. With the owner passing away last summer and his shares in the club being divided among his remaining family we could be out of business as there is no-one who looks like stepping in to fund a loss making entity. Sad times.

12 minutes ago, steveoath said:

So my Football team  (soccer), Greenock Morton, is performing a remarkable sabres-like impression and could be relegated out the 2nd tier here in Scotland. With the owner passing away last summer and his shares in the club being divided among his remaining family we could be out of business as there is no-one who looks like stepping in to fund a loss making entity. Sad times.

I invite you to join the Soccer / Football Club over in the Clubs section of the site.  There are many fans of lesser football clubs crying over there.  Not me ... I jumped on the Liverpool bandwagon after jumping off of the Man C bandwagon.  A few scrapes and bruises, but I didn't break any bones with all that jumping off and on the bandwagons.

• Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I invite you to join the Soccer / Football Club over in the Clubs section of the site.  There are many fans of lesser football clubs crying over there.  Not me ... I jumped on the Liverpool bandwagon after jumping off of the Man C bandwagon.  A few scrapes and bruises, but I didn't break any bones with all that jumping off and on the bandwagons.

To be honest, I've totally lost interest. I've only been to a couple of games this season. Which is hard to say, as I've been going to games for over 30 years.  It's me and my Dad's time away from the rest of the famy! Haven't eveb watched any big  games on TV either for a couple of years. The games are really expensive now for diabolical football. I can go watch the Glasgow Clan play hockey for less money, and it's a far more enjoyable experience!

• Like (+1) 1