The other sports thread

Eleven

15 minutes ago, inkman said:

Can a golf fan tell me the big deal with Sergio damaging greens?  The way Twitter is acting, you'd think he was injecting roids at every tee. 

Ruins the playing surface for everyone behind him.  It is a major faux pas.

On 2/1/2019 at 12:01 PM, WildCard said:

Greatest hitter ever maybe; Hank Aaron still was arguably a better hitter. I don't know, I just can't get past the steroids thing

I can. He’s the best batter ever. He’s top five all time baseball player.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Can't they repair it?  I guess I need to know what they consider "damage". They DQ'd him so it was addressed. 

It can't repair the same until the grass has regrown.  Pro greens are super smooth and predictable. The areas he damaged won't play the same as the rest of the green until a full repair including regrowth has occurred.  It definitely changes how that spot plays.  It has the potential to affect someone's score.  He definitely earned that DQ.  Must have been one helluva meltdown.

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

It can't repair the same until the grass has regrown.  Pro greens are super smooth and predictable. The areas he damaged won't play the same as the rest of the green until a full repair including regrowth has occurred.  It definitely changes how that spot plays.  It has the potential to affect someone's score.  He definitely earned that DQ.  Must have been one helluva meltdown.

Looking for photos online and not having much luck.

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

Looking for photos online and not having much luck.

I was out visiting Buffalo breweries yesterday.  One of them had the Golf Channel on.  It was talked about, but there was no footage shown.  I wonder if it wasn't a televised event.

I thought a link was posted of the big brawl during a university hockey game here in NS on Saturday night, but I can\t find it.

Seems that there is a lot more to the story ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/ns-hockey-brawl-over-shaming-sexual-assault-survivor-1.5005711

Shameful behavior, if true and I have no reason to believe that it isn't.

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I thought a link was posted of the big brawl during a university hockey game here in NS on Saturday night, but I can\t find it.

Seems that there is a lot more to the story ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/ns-hockey-brawl-over-shaming-sexual-assault-survivor-1.5005711

Shameful behavior, if true and I have no reason to believe that it isn't.

I heard this on the radio this morning in Buffalo, and was going to post it today but you beat me to it (since it is in your neck of the woods). 

On 2/3/2019 at 3:39 PM, Hoss said:

I can. He’s the best batter ever. He’s top five all time baseball player.

Hank Aaron is arguably still a better batter. So are a few others.

He got those numbers and those records from steroids. He hit 73 fcking home runs at 36 years old. Nobody wanted to pitch to a guy with that power, or give up the record to him, so they walked him a sht ton, intentionally. His numbers are all dramatically inflated because of his steroid usage

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Weave said:

No, his tantrum got worse and he damaged a bunch of greens.

And this too

It makes me wonder if he knew who didn't rake the bunker properly (at least in his mind).  Then the next day he wound up in front of that guy and was leaving crap for him.  I'm completely pulling this one out of my ass, but since there's no video, I might as well make stuff up.

Anyone in the Buffalo area have any interest in the Harlem Globetrotters? My wife bought 3 tickets for Friday night (7pm @ KBC) before realizing we can't go that we need to now sell. Only asking for $90 for all three ($30/per), which is lower than StubHub/Ticketmaster for similar seats.

PM me for details.

8 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Anyone in the Buffalo area have any interest in the Harlem Globetrotters? My wife bought 3 tickets for Friday night (7pm @ KBC) before realizing we can't go that we need to now sell. Only asking for $90 for all three ($30/per), which is lower than StubHub/Ticketmaster for similar seats.

PM me for details.

This is a fun event to take kids 7-12 years old to.