Jump to content
Eleven

The other sports thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

 

Disclaimer: the NCAA is a criminal syndicate that needs to be shut down immediately.

anyway, it's adorable that UB decided to have an athletic department about five years ago.  Good for you guys.  

Not really a UB fan but there is an awful lot of this smug stuff floating around the interwebs. Are you a Bona fan? As that's where I'm seeing most of this disgruntled talk coming from. 

3 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

 

Disclaimer: the NCAA is a criminal syndicate that needs to be shut down immediately.

anyway, it's adorable that UB decided to have an athletic department about five years ago.  Good for you guys.  

Not really a UB fan but there is an awful lot of this smug stuff floating around the interwebs. Are you a Bona fan? As that's where I'm seeing most of this disgruntled talk coming from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

 

Disclaimer: the NCAA is a criminal syndicate that needs to be shut down immediately.

anyway, it's adorable that UB decided to have an athletic department about five years ago.  Good for you guys.  

The big gripe I have is how dramatic the UB fans have been about this win. Hell, even Nate Oats got into it on Twitter. You could say act like you’ve been there before but they legit had never won in the RC before yesterday. This doesn’t change the years of dominance by Bonas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The big gripe I have is how dramatic the UB fans have been about this win. Hell, even Nate Oats got into it on Twitter. You could say act like you’ve been there before but they legit had never won in the RC before yesterday. This doesn’t change the years of dominance by Bonas.

This is Yankees fan schtick when talking about the Red Sox recent successes. It smacks of sour grapes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The big gripe I have is how dramatic the UB fans have been about this win. Hell, even Nate Oats got into it on Twitter. You could say act like you’ve been there before but they legit had never won in the RC before yesterday. This doesn’t change the years of dominance by Bonas.

In defense, Bona fans trolling UB with a "we want UB" chant while playing Canisius will do that.  Acting like you've been there before could have started with the team and school that's actually been there before.

Edited by Weave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, inkman said:

Not really a UB fan but there is an awful lot of this smug stuff floating around the interwebs. Are you a Bona fan? As that's where I'm seeing most of this disgruntled talk coming from. 

Bona grad.  As far as I’m concerned everyone’s basketball program can get in the sea.   But let’s be honest, UB is playing with found money.  And their coach could probably stand to gain a bit of class.  And stay off Twitter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

Disclaimer: the NCAA is a criminal syndicate that needs to be shut down immediately.

I believe they are sitting in on every single thing that FIFA does and are taking copious notes.  They are following the lead of the most corrupt organization in the world.  And that is saying something, as the world is pretty full of corrupt organizations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weave said:

In defense, Bona fans trolling UB with a "we want UB" chant while playing Canisius will do that.  Acting like you've been there before could have started with the team and school that's actually been there before.

Every single fan base does these chants. I truly am baffled by the softness of UB fans in the win. It’s part of the entire college experience for Christ’s sake.

50 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Yup, that’s exactly it.  

UB discovered basketball last year so now this is their new normal for a bit. They’ll be back to the basement of a terrible conference next year and we’ll all forget about them again.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

This is Yankees fan schtick when talking about the Red Sox recent successes. It smacks of sour grapes. 

I’d hope not. The Red Sox have been competitive and better than the Yankees for a while now.

Edited by Hoss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Every single fan base does these chants. I truly am baffled by the softness of UB fans in the win. It’s part of the entire college experience for Christ’s sake.

UB discovered basketball last year so now this is their new normal for a bit. They’ll be back to the basement of a terrible conference next year and we’ll all forget about them again.

I’d hope not. The Red Sox have been competitive and better than the Yankees for a while now.

LOL the only one's reacting with softness are Bona fans.  You must wear coats indoors with skin so thin.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×