The other sports thread

Eleven

I don’t think the post fight melee was at all staged or phony.  

I recognize that UFC isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but if you’re at all interested, I’d also recommend watching the Derrick Lewis fight (and definitely the post-fight interview with Lewis) and the Tony Ferguson fight from that card. Both were awesome. 

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I don’t think the post fight melee was at all staged or phony.  

I recognize that UFC isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but if you’re at all interested, I’d also recommend watching the Derrick Lewis fight (and definitely the post-fight interview with Lewis) and the Tony Ferguson fight from that card. Both were awesome. 

I don’t think it was staged but it did feel like Khabib’s team knew exactly what to do going in there and jumping McGregor.

15 hours ago, WildCard said:

Fck you Aaron Boone 

That's pretty bad management when the starting pitcher in a critical PLAYOFF GAME doesn't realize the game is at 7:40 pm and not 8 pm  - and gets about 5 minutes of warm up as a result.   Not sure if that's on Boone or Rothschild, or all Severino's fault or some combo of the 3,  but the old 'Buck Stops Here' adage applies to MLB managers too.     

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

The downtown ballpark has been renamed for like the seventieth time and now will be called Sahlen Field.

Still waiting for it to become Mighty Taco Park.  But until that magical day arrives, suppose the Weinie Wonderland will suffice &'s as good a moniker as any other corporate naming convention.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Still waiting for it to become Mighty Taco Park.  But until that magical day arrives, suppose the Weinie Wonderland will suffice &'s as good a moniker as any other corporate naming convention.

If you say the new name really fast, I could see it morphing into Sally Field. 

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Just give the Sox the series already

A friend of mine is just the biggest Yankees homer. I currently have a bet with him. I've got the Red Sox in 5 or less. He still thinks I'm crazy and that LA wins in 6.

On 10/25/2018 at 5:24 PM, ubkev said:

A friend of mine is just the biggest Yankees homer. I currently have a bet with him. I've got the Red Sox in 5 or less. He still thinks I'm crazy and that LA wins in 6.

The word you were looking for is "fewer."  I'm sorry.  It just drives me nuts.

Anyway.  What a game, again.  What a series.  Best one I've seen since 1991 (Twins and Braves, and I don't think I'll live to see that topped.)

Also, who knew that Gritty bats third for the Dodgers?

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

The word you were looking for is "fewer."  I'm sorry.  It just drives me nuts.

Anyway.  What a game, again.  What a series.  Best one I've seen since 1991 (Twins and Braves, and I don't think I'll live to see that topped.)

Also, who knew that Gritty bats third for the Dodgers?

Good to see my protege hard at work correcting grammar ?

• Like (+1) 1