The other sports thread

Eleven

Watching it live yesterday was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I'm still awestruck. When he stepped out of the capsule it was....wow.

It's amazing that we've reached a point where an energy drink company can send people to the edge of space because it can. Imagine Coca Cola sending a man into space in the 60s?

Here's one... no one will hire Jay Mariotti, the columnist/sports personality from the Chicago Sun-Times. I know he's a girlfriend abuser but maybe he can reform...I wish Buffalo could get him...he's a national personality and Buffalo needs a gifted sports reporter like Mariotti...Could he be any worse than Bucky and Sully?

http://jimromenesko.com/2012/10/16/will-anyone-hire-jay-mariotti/

Edited by 716

Here's one... no one will hire Jay Mariotti, the columnist/sports personality from the Chicago Sun-Times. I know he's a wife abuser but maybe he can reform...I wish Buffalo could get him...he's a national personality and Buffalo needs a gifted sports reporter like Mariotti...Could he be any worse than Bucky and Sully?

http://jimromenesko....e-jay-mariotti/

Meh to Mariotti. I actually have no beef with Bucky. Sully is garbage though. Stopped reading him a while ago and skip the days he is on WGR.

We're going to have a game seven on our hands. And that freaky hobbit closer for the Giants might be pitching again tomorrow, too. If he can forage enough mushrooms and if Gollum doesn't get his ring.

EDIT: Anyone seen this before? The Cards in a game seven, with the Tigers awaiting in the WS?

Edited by Eleven

I cannot believe what the Giants did to Verlander. That's shocking. Detroit must win game 2. If they do, the memory of Game 1 is erased. If they don't, it's over.

I can't believe Leyland pulled Verlander so soon. I would have expected him to leave him in and work out the problems.