The other sports thread

Eleven

Monica, better than Steffi? I think not, sir. Not that I think you were trying to start a debate like that, just thought I'd point out that Steffi was twice as good as Monica.

As far as grunting goes...I don't think i really care either way, some are annoying others aren't, I'm pretty sure I did it unconsciously during my tennis career, so i guess i can't condemn it. And i agree with the 1919 comment, I feel that way seeing the players wearing all white a Wimbledon.

Agassi is that you? :-P

I just meant in general. Usually these "grunting is awful" statements are pointed at Serena and Venus. Graff and Seles were really before my time anyway.

I debated where I should post this ... awesome thread, Fantastic Friday?????

Decided to put it here ...

I usually don't pay any attention to anything ESPN has to say, but I just heard that A-Rod, the prima donnaest prima donna of all, will not be in the Yankee starting lineup for the elimination game today.

:w00t:

Looks good on that jerkoff.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I debated where I should post this ... awesome thread, Fantastic Friday?????

Decided to put it here ...

I usually don't pay any attention to anything ESPN has to say, but I just heard that A-Rod, the prima donnaest prima donna of all, will not be in the Yankee starting lineup for the elimination game today.

:w00t:

Looks good on that jerkoff.

I've heard that too.

As long as the Nats win tonight, I really don't care what happens to the folks in pinstripes this afternoon.

Fixed ... ggguuuurrrrr! :censored: !!

I'm fine with that. I was an Expos fan my whole life until they moved and changed the name.

First MLB game I ever went to was at the O. It was a family trip for that specific purpose. Damn, I loved that team, and when they moved to DC about three months after I left DC, I felt ironically attached to the Nats.

Edited by Eleven

See what I mean?

Yes, I am enjoying the monologue. And little else.

This is tragic

I hope the police follow Storen home tonight if the Nats lose... Maybe bring something that can cut rope....

You can blame Storen if you want; I'll take Johnson. Resting SS was freaking stupid. For what? For third place next year?

See what I mean?

Yes, I am enjoying the monologue. And little else.

You can blame Storen if you want; I'll take Johnson. Resting SS was freaking stupid. For what? For third place next year?

They just wanted to make Teddy feel like ###### for winning four races in a row.

And that's it. Wow. A 6-0 lead at home, blown. How the hell does that happen?

Please, someone post some rugby results or something. Herring toss, even.

The Cardinals are a World Champion that is not easily giving up their title. It's like that old adage "act like you've been there before." The Cardinals did, they calmly got themselves back in the game. They are the classic team that has been there and done that.

Four all-time classic baseball franchises in the Championship Series. Giants/Cardinals and Yankees/Tigers. There is not a single bad possible match-up for the World Series. I would bet as a sports forum, that posters here could easily name 50 all-time greats from these four franchises. Maybe even 100 considering the Yankees might have 50 themselves.

Dumbass tbs announcer after Yanks tied it tonight: "This is the most incredible thing I've ever seen!"

Ok: (1) You need to get out more. (2) It's not even the most incredible thing (a) in baseball (b) on your network © in the last 22 hours.

This is what makes me happy to have RJ for the Sabres, miss Lorentz, and miss Van Miller.