The other sports thread

Eleven

interestingly, the new playoff format is having no effect on the current situation in the AL. The Rangers and O's would be playing a one game playoff either way.

I honestly hadn't realized that. Interesting.

I would love to see Washington make it to the WS out of the NL though. I like how they've rebuilt that team.

I honestly hadn't realized that. Interesting.

I would love to see Washington make it to the WS out of the NL though. I like how they've rebuilt that team.

You mean my freakin' Expos ... :censored: !

EDIT: Thanks 11, for making a new thread.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Just to tidy things up.

My post was expressing my pissed offness at the Expos move, not the fact that 11 started the thread.

Seriously, 11 thanks. This way we get to keep the futbal thread. Thanks.

I was an Expos fan for 20 years. They moved to Washington right after I left Washington. That's frustrating.

I just shouted "he tagged herring toss!" in my cube. So lots of Internet points for you Mr Eleven.

Anywhooo...I'm excited for the start of the MLB playoffs (especially with no hockey). As I will be there next weekend, I'm hoping Detroit will be home. Does anyone know the scenarios that could make that happen?

I'll start it off with baseball playoffs beginning tomorrow! I hate the idea of one-game series as too chancy, but I love the idea for the tension and excitement.

I like that winning the division actually carries more weight now. That and they got rid of the stupid rule that doesn't allow an in division first round matchup.

I just shouted "he tagged herring toss!" in my cube. So lots of Internet points for you Mr Eleven.

Anywhooo...I'm excited for the start of the MLB playoffs (especially with no hockey). As I will be there next weekend, I'm hoping Detroit will be home. Does anyone know the scenarios that could make that happen?

There is no such scenario. Under this completely idiotic new scheme, the team with home field advantage starts with two games on the road. So Oakland is at Detroit on Saturday and Sunday before the best-of-five series shifts to Oakland (meaning Oakland, with home field advantage, might have only one home game).

Edited by Eleven

There is no such scenario. Under this completely idiotic new scheme, the team with home field advantage starts with two games on the road. So Oakland is at Detroit on Saturday and Sunday before the best-of-five series shifts to Oakland (meaning Oakland, with home field advantage, might have only one home game).

Thank you. That is idiotic andOakland must be really mad as Detroit is the worst road team in the AL playoffs at 38-43 on the road.

Definitely awesome! It warms an emigrant heart to see the old country well remembered in my new homeland. It's also quite amusing to see how much 'Little Norway' does not resemble actual Norway.

We went to Norway (Oslo) when visiting my sister-in-law in Denmark. Loved it.

The photo was from some place in Alaska with a pretty large Norweigian population. You are right ... it really looks nothing like the real thing.

Umm, I'm kind of rooting for the Cards, but the infield fly rule on a ball hit 50 yards past the infield? Really?

I haven't seen a shafting like this since No Goal. Absolutely unreal. And no, I don't expect that Chipper hit to lead to a rally. I'm a Braves fan, but not a big baseball fan (distant 4th on my sports list), I'd be freaking out right now if I truly loved the sport.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

I haven't seen a shafting like this since No Goal. Absolutely unreal. And no, I don't expect that Chipper hit to lead to a rally. I'm a Braves fan, but not a big baseball fan (distant 4th on my sports list), I'd be freaking out right now if I truly loved the sport.

A good friend who is a student of baseball (you know the type, he knows every batting average since Ty Cobb) says that this is the best case since the George Brett pine tar game for a protest to be upheld. That doesn't mean it will be, of course; just that it's the best one since then. Our collective opinion is that Selig would never let the precious game that he ruined be further tarnished by a replay starting from that horrible call.