The other sports thread

Eleven

• 2 weeks later...

Mooseheads and Remparts are exchanging blow for blow in a fantastic Q final.

GO MOOSE !!

MUST WIN !!

QC and the super annoying Patrick Roy are up 3 games to 2 now and they are heading back to Halifax for game 6.

EDIT:

The Sabres need to draft this guy ..

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/577924/mathis-rousseau

ROUSSEAU!!

😎

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
yous all know why ..

Watching Club Pro Michael Block becoming a star at the PGA is what makes sports so awesome at times. He is now a rock star and the Colonial Tourney this coming week just extended him an invitatio  to play in Texas . Reports that large blocks of fans were leaving other groups to follow him around the course Sunday was confirmed by Rory McIlroy. Stated no one was there to watch me and he personally loved every moment of it. Can't wait to see the ovation this guy receives when he tees off Thursday. He is the hero of every weeknd duffer on the planet. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Watching Club Pro Michael Block becoming a star at the PGA is what makes sports so awesome at times. He is now a rock star and the Colonial Tourney this coming week just extended him an invitatio  to play in Texas . Reports that large blocks of fans were leaving other groups to follow him around the course Sunday was confirmed by Rory McIlroy. Stated no one was there to watch me and he personally loved every moment of it. Can't wait to see the ovation this guy receives when he tees off Thursday. He is the hero of every weeknd duffer on the planet. 

It’s a pretty cool story.  

He’ll make some extra money for it, for a little while anyway.  Maybe he makes a few more cuts and earns a card out of it.  More likely he has his 15 minutes of fame and a little more money in his retirement funds. And a story to tell his grandkids.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Weave said:

It’s a pretty cool story.  

He’ll make some extra money for it, for a little while anyway.  Maybe he makes a few more cuts and earns a card out of it.  More likely he has his 15 minutes of fame and a little more money in his retirement funds. And a story to tell his grandkids.

It's 15 minutes but a great 15. He's going on age 47 and had to ask his boss at the club for another week off.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Night Train said:

His is the best story in sport in a long time.

He is living a dream.  

He is no duffer though.  A club pro is not nothing.  He has played in the PGA Championship 5 times I think and never did very well, but everything lined up perfectly for him this time around.  A fantastic story and that shot on 15 yesterday was fabulous.

Speaking of golf, I played 18 last week with a kid who just finished his freshman year on a D1 team.  That was an eye opener.  I don't pay too close attention to scores, but I can't remember a single bogey and he did have at least 3 eagle putts.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, French Collection said:

Nick Taylor won the Canadian Open golf tournament, first Canadian to win since 1954.

That 72 foot putt to win it was an amazing sports moment for those fans. You never see a golf crowd explode with joy like that. The Canadians can strike that little round ball these days. Taylor became the 4th Canuck to win on the PGA tour this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

Perfecto in Oakland.

Domingo German just threw the 24th Perfect Game in MLB history. 9 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 E, 9 K's. 

The 4th Perfect Game in Yankees history. Larsen in '56, Boomer in '98, Cone in '99 and German in '23. Don, David, David and Domingo. 

Guess the Yankees have to win the World Series again then. (Not super confident on that one....eh, I'll put $10 on it.)

17 hours ago, ubkev said:

Perfecto in Oakland.

Domingo German just threw the 24th Perfect Game in MLB history. 9 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 E, 9 K's. 

The 4th Perfect Game in Yankees history. Larsen in '56, Boomer in '98, Cone in '99 and German in '23. Don, David, David and Domingo. 

Guess the Yankees have to win the World Series again then. (Not super confident on that one....eh, I'll put $10 on it.)

And saw he'd gotten lit up in his previous start.  Baseball can be a fickle game.