The other sports thread

Eleven

7 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I went to Yankee Stadium last night, got some decently priced tix to see Yanks vs Sox.... 

We stayed about 2 innings. Saw a HR and a few strikeouts.

I can check going to Yankee Stadium off my life list, but *****, baseball is so freaking boring! Even on a Friday night against a rival, I found the "post-game" grub to be much more enjoyable than watching actual baseball. 

Greatest game ever.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I went to Yankee Stadium last night, got some decently priced tix to see Yanks vs Sox.... 

We stayed about 2 innings. Saw a HR and a few strikeouts.

I can check going to Yankee Stadium off my life list, but *****, baseball is so freaking boring! Even on a Friday night against a rival, I found the "post-game" grub to be much more enjoyable than watching actual baseball. 

Absolutely loved baseball (3rd favorite sport as a kid) but when they canceled the World Series just never felt the same way.  Have been to 3 or 4 MLB games since & got the kids to a couple just so they could say they were there, but have never been able to feel the suspense build like pre-'94.  And, without the suspense, it's basically 9 man bowling.  (10 counting the DH.)

Edited by Taro T

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's just personal preference, I can't watch golf, but I can tennis (for a little while) 

Oh good lord, I can't watch golf! Absolutely despise golf on TV. Tennis is awesome on TV. 

Again, personal preference.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/23/2022 at 11:48 PM, ubkev said:

Every baseball fan who's at least 30 years old has had the privilege of watching the best left handed hitter of all time(who happens to be the greatest player who ever existed)

??  I'm over 30 and I definitely never watched Ted Williams play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I really enjoyed seeing the Jays play in Buffalo last year, or whenever that Covid year was.  I got to take my then 88 year old father to an MLB game in Buffalo.  Now if the Bills can get him a Super Bowl that would be really special.  

Took my old man to one game also.  And really cool thing was my kids were there too.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I really enjoyed seeing the Jays play in Buffalo last year, or whenever that Covid year was.  I got to take my then 88 year old father to an MLB game in Buffalo.  Now if the Bills can get him a Super Bowl that would be really special.  

Yeah, last year.  I took my dad as well.

29 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

OK !! (OK !!)

BLUE JAYS !! (BLUE JAYS !!)

LET'S PLAY BALL !!

Now that Toronto is in, I'd like to see the Orioles get in, too, but they weren't doing themselves any favors by losing games to the likes of Detroit recently.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Eleven said:

Yeah, last year.  I took my dad as well.

Now that Toronto is in, I'd like to see the Orioles get in, too, but they weren't doing themselves any favors by losing games to the likes of Detroit recently.

Os are out. Seattle is in for the first time in 20 years or something.  Rays are in (again), but at least not as division champs.  I am not a fan of the Yankees, but was when I was in High School.  It was easier to like them then with Reggie and the other guys.

Watched the Jays after they clinched a playoff spot and you’d think they just won the world series. Pouring champagne all over each other for about an hour. Long after the crowd was gone they are still high fiving and soaking the press. I just don’t get it. I guess thats why I love hockey.

29 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Watched the Jays after they clinched a playoff spot and you’d think they just won the world series. Pouring champagne all over each other for about an hour. Long after the crowd was gone they are still high fiving and soaking the press. I just don’t get it. I guess thats why I love hockey.

Every team does it. And it's dumb.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, bunomatic said:

I think it’s silly to celebrate after every round of the playoffs like they do in MLB, but baseball is such long season that this doesn’t bother me.  

3 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I think it’s silly to celebrate after every round of the playoffs like they do in MLB, but baseball is such long season that this doesn’t bother me.  

It used to mean a whole lot more as well before it was watered down like it is now. 

• Agree 1